Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is the battle subway worth it on Super?

chrataxe

So, I've been grinding the subway for a few weeks on and off trying to get some BP...and, I must say, I getting quite aggravated at the game. I can roll through 1-14 pretty easy on Super (and, by easy, I mean usually get through with little fear of losing) and I've even made it to about 24 before, but it never fails, the game ALWAYS cheats in the end. Now, before people start saying the game doesn't cheat, the last battle that made me want to post, I had a Rampardos and OHKO my fully EV'ed/IV'ed defensive T-tar, then, outspeed and one shot my fully ev'ed/iv'ed scizor, then, out speed my garchomp 3 turns in a row (while evading me twice), then had Beartic outspeed my garchomp for the KO. Needless to say, I was pretty livid.

But, I know the game cheats and expect it, what I'm curious about is, is Super worth it? I can just choice my Terrakion and run through it in a few minutes. Yeah, I get less points, but I win everytime and its quicker. Is this the most efficient manner to get BP?

well- Super double's will earn you more points for sure over all, but if you are hitting a short win streak to gain points- stick to the Double as it is going to be faster for you.

The game does not cheat, there was some reason why the Rampardos outsped you, same for the Beartic.

Then explain how. Assuming one was scarfed, the other couldn't be. Even then, I don't think it could outspeed my garchomp. The prevalence of the game doing impossible things in super in documented quite well. I'm not here to argue whether or not something you think didn't happen when I've witnessed it on a number of occasions. I was simply asking as to the efficiency of getting bp

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

the game does indeed "cheat" in fact, there is a video on youtube where Rypherior hits Quick Claw about 8 times in a row or more. this is extremely rare, probably less than 1% chance of happening.

So, I've been grinding the subway for a few weeks on and off trying to get some BP...and, I must say, I getting quite aggravated at the game. I can roll through 1-14 pretty easy on Super (and, by easy, I mean usually get through with little fear of losing) and I've even made it to about 24 before, but it never fails, the game ALWAYS cheats in the end. Now, before people start saying the game doesn't cheat, the last battle that made me want to post, I had a Rampardos and OHKO my fully EV'ed/IV'ed defensive T-tar, then, outspeed and one shot my fully ev'ed/iv'ed scizor, then, out speed my garchomp 3 turns in a row (while evading me twice), then had Beartic outspeed my garchomp for the KO. Needless to say, I was pretty livid.

But, I know the game cheats and expect it, what I'm curious about is, is Super worth it? I can just choice my Terrakion and run through it in a few minutes. Yeah, I get less points, but I win everytime and its quicker. Is this the most efficient manner to get BP?

I'm assuming you only have BW, otherwise BW2's world tournament offers much more BP and is a lot faster to whip through.

If Super isn't your thing (believe me I get pretty aggravated with it too, you pretty much have to resort to using odd teams with strategies like Flash and Memento to set up something), you can try downloading one of the subways from WFC, they usually offer decent BP that's more than normal but overall a bit less than Super.

the game does indeed "cheat" in fact, there is a video on youtube where Rypherior hits Quick Claw about 8 times in a row or more. this is extremely rare, probably less than 1% chance of happening.

Not only that, but AI in video games have historically been horrible, so the games always do dumb stuff to account for getting harder. Like, ever played Madden on the hardest level? Mysteriously, your receivers can no longer catch the ball and the defenders no longer get blocked. This doesn't increase their intelligence or how hard it is to play, it just makes everything you do quit working. Ever played a Hockey game on the hardest level? The CPU just hooks you the whole time and you can't even move. But, if you hook them back, to the penalty box!

I'm assuming you only have BW, otherwise BW2's world tournament offers much more BP and is a lot faster to whip through.

If Super isn't your thing (believe me I get pretty aggravated with it too, you pretty much have to resort to using odd teams with strategies like Flash and Memento to set up something), you can try downloading one of the subways from WFC, they usually offer decent BP that's more than normal but overall a bit less than Super.

Hey, thanks man. I didn't realize BW2 had the world tournament, guess I'll actually have to play through it now, I've just been playing BW, despite preordering Black 2 before getting in before black I've never messed with WFC, I'll check that out as well.

Back