Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is This just Happening to Me, or Does Everyone Have This Problem??

ashinto

I"ve only used my HG/SS prerelease sleeves for one day (granted I played 20 games that day) and they're already tearing a bit in the corners. I've never had that happen to me on the first day of using the sleeves. Heck I used the same sleeves for 7 months and they stayed in almost perfect condition. So is this just that the sleeves are bad and everyone has this problem, or I just got some crappy sleeves?

Mine started to tear after 3 rounds of the PR. Maybe even before that, I didn't notice it until then.

They're not as bad as the Weavile and Electivire sleeves, but they're definitely not any good.

thus why I save pre-release sleeves for:

-1 time use tournamnets: States, Regionals, Nats, etc
-Trade Fodder at Worlds/Nats
-Coasters

Yeah, pre-release sleeves don't last long so they are really only good for a tournament or two. However, they are still very good for testing because you don't practice with nice sleeves do you?

Yeah, pre-release sleeves don't last long so they are really only good for a tournament or two. However, they are still very good for testing because you don't practice with nice sleeves do you?
that is true, and are the SF sleeves good (i still have them in the plastic, never been used).

My sleeves aren't in perfect condition, but they aren't tearing at the corners or anything - they should all still pass deckcheck.

I think it's because I've switched how I shuffle to bridge style. It's not nearly as hard on the cards' corners and the amount of bending is actually very small. It also helps counteract holofoil curl, though not very much.

Here's my league table of Prerelease sleeves.

Obviously, if you are brutal with them, or get a duff set, the mileage will vary.

Great - will last a long time

Lucario (DP)

Decent - will last a while if you are careful
Rotom (RR)
Regigigas (LA)

OK - will most likely last a tournament

Dusknoir (SF)
Lugia/Ho-Oh (HGSS)
Arceus (AR)
Garchomp (SV)

Dodgy - might last a tourney, but check your sleeves after every round
Giratina (PL)

Utter rubbish - will cause problems in a tourney, playtesting only
Darkrai (GE)
Eeveelutions (MD)
Electivire (MT)
Weavile (SW)

I would still use completely new sleeves for anything bigger than a BR though.

Back