Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Victory Medal a current Modified Legal Card?

mysterioustrainer

I am having trouble verifying if the typical Battle Roads top prize card, Victory Medal, is a legal modified card. As far as I can tell it does not fit the qualifications set forth in section 3.1 of the Pokemon Organized Play Official Tournament Formats document located at:

http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms/pdf/op/tournaments/2011/Pokemon_Official_Tournament_Formats.pdf

According to my studies of all known releases of that card, it does not appear to sport a "Black Star Promo" of any kind, nor is it reproduced in any expansion.

Pokemon Organized Play Official Tournament Formats document said:
3.1. Modified Format
The Modified format is the standard tournament format for Pokémon Organized Play events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2011 tournament season contains the following:

• Diamond & Pearl—Majestic Dawn
  • Diamond & Pearl—Legends Awakened
  • Diamond & Pearl—Stormfront
  • Platinum
  • Platinum—Rising Rivals
  • Platinum—Supreme Victors
  • Platinum—Arceus7
  • Rumble
  • HeartGold & SoulSilver
  • HS—Unleashed
  • HS Trainer Kit
  • Black Star Promo Cards numbered DP22 and higher and Black Star Promo Cards numbered
  • HGSS01 and higher.

Future Pokémon TCG releases from The Pokémon Company International will become legal as they are released, per the Pokémon Organized Play Tournament Rules.

With the exception of basic Energy cards and previously printed cards that appear in Modified-legal sets, players may not use cards from Pokémon sets prior to Diamond & Pearl—Majestic Dawn. Players using previously printed cards that appear in Modified-legal sets must play those cards using the wording of the most recent printing of the card. New sets are allowed as soon as the product has been released in that rating zone. In events that include multiple rating zones, such as the Pokémon TCG World Championships, the format of the United States will be used.

Realistically to me, I am merely curious since I just got back in the game and current own no Victory Medal cards.

Back