Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

It's almost Thanksgiving...

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
...so, what are you thankful for this year?

Let's keep this thread relatively serious, please...

This year, I am thankful...

...for my health, and the health of my loved ones.

...for my husband and sons; my parents, siblings and extended family.

...that no one within my extended family/circle of friends was affected by the recent wildfires here in San Diego County; though there were some close calls, no one suffered damage/loss of their homes. Something to be truly thankful for, indeed...especially since so many others were not as lucky...:(

...that I continue to re-discover the Limitless Light of Amida's Wisdom and Compassion by accompanying a friend on their journey of discovery (thank you, Shaku Kyomei Hou :) ; "ondobo ondogyo", indeed...:) ).

...for good friends, both online and IRL...you all know who you are... :) ; thank you for being part of my life. I am very thankful that we are all indeed still here...

...for good music, and good books: two comforts that are always there...particularly for the music of my dear friend, DAC Crowell...who veterans of the former incarnations of the 'gym may remember as Lugia909. Sing the song, because it must be sung, my friend...I'm so glad your music is getting the wider attention it so richly deserves!

...for my cable connection, without which I would not be here ;)

...for eBay (and PayPal), source of all good things Pokemon, like Japanese CDs and DVDs ;)

...for the lousy season the Chargers are having, so (...hopefully, but who knows, with politicians :rolleyes: ) our City Council will laugh in their faces when they request city funding for a new stadium again =/

...for the best source of entertainment on the 'net: the San Diego Zoo's PandaCam. Watch Bai Yun and her now 3 month old male cub, 24/7...

...that our game has managed to survive the transition, and that the 'gym continues in its latest incarnation :)

Best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving...

'mom :)

Last edited:
Regardless of how Lugia may feel about us (TC), I'm glad he is having success in his vocation! Good for him.

In no particular order:

Having a TV and VCR in my dorm room this year, in conjunction with my dorm's cable provider. I got to rediscover how great the show Gargoyles is, and I'm currently recording episodes to bring home and see if my brother remembers the show. (Speaking of which, I hear DVDs of season one will be out next year for the shows 10th anniversary)

Speaking of going home, I'm thiankful for that, too. I haven't seen my family since August.

Stuffing and pumkin pie, the best of all Thanksgiving foods.

The occaisonal tournament that I am able to attend (last one was Sandstorm Prerelease, Skyridge SBZ before that).

Discovering a second card shop in Rolla last month, and this one actually sells Pokemon (for less than at Walmart). (I'm hopeful that occasionally shopping there (I can't afford big purchases) might encourage the start of a league, but I don't think it's that likely.)

Getting lots of inspiration since summer for a project that I'll start working on sometime, though I'm not sure whan, or what medium to use.

I'm thankful for my family, who are making progresses in improving their healths. My mother lowering her BP, my father loosing weight, my grandfather quitting drinking, and my grandmother reading Christian books.

I'm also thankful for my girlfriend. She has gone through so much pain in her life recently, and she now trusts me enough for her to confide those problems to me. We both are better people because of it.

-I'm definitely thankful for God, and everything he has done in my life. (Any and everything I have is owed to him.)

-My family. They're awesome. Even though parents can be parents sometimes, I know they love me and it helps me ge through life. (BTW, I know that when I have kids, I'm sure I'll say "Even though kids can be kids..." or some crap like that.)

-Chance to attend college. I stopped learning when I moved out of the DC area, so going back to a place where learning is highly valued is an amazing thing to me.

-My Vaio. God bless this thing.

-Friends who never forget about me. They're awesome.

.. thankful that I have a decent roof over my head.

... thankful for my immediate family who care about me, god knows the rest of my family does not.

... thankful that I have computer skills... without these, I'd probably be completely poor :|

... Also thankful for my recently made ex girlfriend. Who even with all of these problems we're having, has gotten me to come out of my shell.

Regardless of how Lugia may feel about us (TC)
Ummm....it was always my understanding that the "feelings" were mutual, not limited to just one person...:confused:

Couple of things I forgot to mention in my original post, as being thankful for:

...our sweet Corgi-mutt, Hime; she's given us at least as much love as we've given her in the time since we rescued her from the pound, where she'd been picked up as a stray :( . I'm also quite thankful that we were able to get her to the vet in time after she'd eaten the ziploc bag full of dark chocolate-covered dried cranberries I'd packed in my backpack for Comic-Con...:eek: Beware: chocolate is VERY toxic to dogs!

...that my younger son was not very badly injured when he was bitten in the face (right below his eye! :() by a relative's dog while we were on vacation. Three hours spent in an emergency room is not an experience I'd wish on anyone; I'm QUITE thankful though that it was our health provider's ER and not a public hospital, where lord knows what (ambulances, crime victims, etc.) could also be waiting with us. It could have been so much worse, but no stitches, no lingering fear of dogs...but a lot more grey hairs for mom and dad; those of you who are parents, you know exactly what I mean...

...for the understanding my spouse shows towards this game; as I posted in the "Pokéholic" thread in this same forum, I don't have to deal with a non-understanding spouse or uninterested kids...so far. I'm one of the lucky ones :)

Again, best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love the most!

'mom :)

Hm...

My family. That includes my extended family. I've grown up with a little bit of everything in terms of being able to see both the good and the bad, I've had the collective wisdom of all my elders continually shoved into my ears. (And God knows I try to listen and get as much from it as a I can)

My parents. I've had the incredible luck of growing up in a WONDERFUL household, with wonderful parents, who have done their absolute best to raise me, who continually go WAY out of their way for me, and generally have tried to raise me to be a smart, caring, and loving person.

God.

Pokemon. A bit superficial, yes. But because of the Pokemon TCG I've been able to travel, meet hundreds of new and nice people/players, exercise my mind, and learn how to look at life from different perspectives just as one must do in the TCG. The community, from my first league/tournament, to this day, has always gratefully accepted me, and here is where I'm able to play the game I love against the people I know.

My home. I'm very greatful to have a place I can feel safe, where I can have a roof over my head, a place I can really call 'home'.

My country. Despite all the current political turmoil and hatred going on between those of different opinion, I still would rather live nowhere else. I'm grateful for all these incredible freedoms I was born with, and unlike most teens, I try my hardest to understand how incredibly precious such things are.

Rain. I like rain. :)

Turkey. And gravy. And mashed potatoes. And brussel sprouts with lots of butter...

And I'd be remiss if I wasn't thankful for the Internet or advent of Emotional Punk music....

I'm also very thankful for this land we live in and the people who support our country (you don't have to support the men behind the positions, but you should always support the country) who willing fight for our freedoms and the freedoms of others.

OH! And my grandparents, they're awesome. I can always depend on them to let me come up and do some laundry.

And finally... Pumpkin Chavuon Pie.... yes.

I'm thankful for this website and it's founders. I'm thankful for all the people in and on this website. I'm thankful for my life and almost all things in it. I'm thankful for technology or I wouldn't be alive at all. I'm thankful for music and books. I'm also thankful for all the people who took their time to read this even if they didn't have to. Domo Arigato! Have a wonderful holiday!

Kasanova

the deadly quite one who pops up out of nowhere.

I'm thankful for the Pokemon TCG and all the friends and extended family I've met through playing. Without you guys (You know who you are) I'd be lost! I'd like to thank everyone for judging by what's on the inside. People can be really nice once you get to know them! Like the saying goes: "Don't Judge a book by its cover".
-Swampert

In no particular order...

For being here.

For kicking it with you all (Off and on, alas) for so long.

For everything that Cullen's done.

For family.

For friends.

NOT for the sickness that just hit...

For starbucks (White chocolate mocha on the way to school... mmmmm)

For all the memories.

...my parents, for putting up with me and my antics for the past 18 years.

...my little brother, for putting up with me and my antics for the past 14 years, and for giving me someone I can keep track of for the rest of my life.

... the rest of my family, for they have always been around to support me and keep my head above water in some of the more dire situations.

...my friends for the same, and the moments I spend with them that I'll never forget, especially the ones I graduated with last June.

...my teachers, past, present, and future. They will lead me to the knowledge and the skills that I will use later in life. The good teachers of this world are the true heroes.

...for attending one of the top colleges in the country. I won't let myself or anyone else down while I'm here. I want everyone to watch me soar.

...for pokemon and the extended family it has brought me. The dedicated community of pokemon is now as strong as it ever has been, and we may see it thrive for many more years.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Don't get too full on turkey. And for the many of us who aren't from the US, Happy Holidays, because they're only a few weeks away.

I am thankful for:

• A job that allows me to buy the cards I want
  • Prereleases to go to on more than one day
  • The few players willing to call out a corporation that attempted to sabotage a licensed TCG
  • The fact that a self-appointed oligarchy does not control the game... yet
  • PUI's vigorous efforts to revive the game, which are now showing fruit
  • The usual wife, kids, house, car, job, friends and health
  • God

Last edited:
Thanksgiving is tomorrow, right?

Honestly, I'm not American, but there are a couple of ex-patriots living in my area, and if I bump into any I want to get it right. I've heard it's Thursday.

Not that I even know what thanksgivin is, I suppose I would be thankful for...

Having a roof over my head
Having no disabilitys
And recieving what little money I do get

I`m thankful for:

•The usual family stuff.
•The usual ability to work stuff.
•PUI/Nintendo for continuing the game.
•WotC for what they did for the game to get it to it`s current place.
•The fact that rabblerousers can`t control the game...ever.
•The Flyers for being the Top team so far. :)
•Definately not the Redskins this year...=/
•All the mushy stuff.

`Sensei

Back