Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on It's PHAN-tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Strife

Decklist!

2-2-4 Donphan Prime(2 hs phanps, and 2 Col phanps)
3-3 Yanmega Prime
1-1 Zoroark
3 Cleffa

4 Copycat
4 Judge
3 Junk arm
3 Pokemon Collector
4 PC
4 Pokemon reversal(until pokemon catcher comes out...heh heh heh)
4 Pluspower
3 switch

7 :fighting:
3 rescue
2 DCE

The strategy to this deck is to use a lot of judges. Judges are in the deck for both Yanmega's insight, and for disruption. I have won many games with this deck because I kept on using judge and giving them horrible hands. First off you want set up a quick Yanmega Prime early game. Once you have started disrupting the opponent and hitting the opponent with Yanmega, you can start setting up a Donphan to KO their Pokemon after they finally set them up.

If you have any suggestions for this deck let me know!

Kthxbai,

N.

Last edited:
DOnphan decks arent the best for Baby starters, because you end up EQing them to dangerous health or KOing them, and Mime JR has no synergy with the rest of the cards here.

DOnphan decks arent the best for Baby starters, because you end up EQing them to dangerous health or KOing them, and Mime JR has no synergy with the rest of the cards here.

Most of this deck is T2 slowking and yanmega to disrupt and start doing damage quickly. Especially if you go first.

mime jr helps with the disruption
Yeah, but what he is trying to say is that although it helps with disruption, it can be an easy prize and also just doesn't work with the deck.

---------- Post added 06/11/2011 at 04:41 PM ----------

So, does anyone else have advice besides Mime jr.? Is my deck fine and doesn't need any touch ups?

play the noctowl. it's not terrible. after you play judge, it gives you the ability to play one card from your hard, oh, and it one shots RDL

I would also run Ambipom, early game after a judge makes your opponents hand 2 cards. its awesome for this slow format. --- The only thing is that the shuffle their deck after the attack so you cant use slowking to disrupt same turn.
it's just a thought.

play the noctowl. it's not terrible. after you play judge, it gives you the ability to play one card from your hard, oh, and it one shots RDL

I would also run Ambipom, early game after a judge makes your opponents hand 2 cards. its awesome for this slow format. --- The only thing is that the shuffle their deck after the attack so you cant use slowking to disrupt same turn.
it's just a thought.

One of the points of the deck is to have the same hand size as your opponent so you can attack with yanmega with no energies, so ambipom and noctowl wouldn't really work

One of the points of the deck is to have the same hand size as your opponent so you can attack with yanmega with no energies, so ambipom and noctowl wouldn't really work

Noctowl is an optional effect, so you don't need to trigger it. Or you can play something and the draw. Or if you are of by one card you can use it to get to the exact number. I think the fact that you are running yanmega makes it even more of a point to run noctowl.

Noctowl is an optional effect, so you don't need to trigger it. Or you can play something and the draw. Or if you are of by one card you can use it to get to the exact number. I think the fact that you are running yanmega makes it even more of a point to run noctowl.
Oh okay. I see what you are getting at. Yeah I'll definitely try Noctowl out. Now I just need to figure out what to take out...

I am playing nearly the same deck and have a big tipp for you: Try pluspower.

With pluspower, Donphan can oneshot Zekrom and Magnezone, two of the most played cards in format.
In addition, Donphan can twoshot Reshiram. It sounds like nothing, but it can give you a big advantage.

I also play Noctowl. It is a great card, but... im not sure regarding this. A 2-2 line takes a lot of space and can slow down your set up, if you have too many of them in hour hand... do you have experience?

Two little Questions: What means PC and why do you play scoop up?

Last edited:
^ I agree. You NEED PlusPower if you're playing Donphan. It is extremely important and can mean the difference between a win or a loss.

Yeah I was also thinking some Pluspowers for the fact that with Yanmega's Sonicboom, 70 isn't that much damage to those top decks as of this format. Also to answer Shining Zeraphime's question PC is the short hand for Pokemon Communication, and I am planning on replacing the scoop ups for pluspowers. The updated decklist is posted with pluspowers and everything.

ok, my view (u dont have to agree) is noctowl costs 3 energy to do 40 (potential 80 damage) this output for 3 energy is alot lower than majority of top tier decks (Resh and zek for example) it can 1hitko rayquaza and deoxys legend but so can zoroark.

zoroark however can foul play any opposing pokemon's attack for 2 energy (straight double colourless) this will allow you to OHKO the following
resh (providing u have 1 plus power)
zek (providing u have 1 plus power if theyve not attacked with the 2nd move)
emboar (the non ability power one)
rayquaza and deoxys legend

and many more combos/potential can be done.

ok, my view (u dont have to agree) is noctowl costs 3 energy to do 40 (potential 80 damage) this output for 3 energy is alot lower than majority of top tier decks (Resh and zek for example) it can 1hitko rayquaza and deoxys legend but so can zoroark.

zoroark however can foul play any opposing pokemon's attack for 2 energy (straight double colourless) this will allow you to OHKO the following
resh (providing u have 1 plus power)
zek (providing u have 1 plus power if theyve not attacked with the 2nd move)
emboar (the non ability power one)
rayquaza and deoxys legend

and many more combos/potential can be done.
Alright, I see what your getting at. Now the real question is, how many are you talkin'? Should I just replace the noctowl line with a 1-1 zoroark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back