Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japan’s July Set: ‘EX Battle Boost’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this put to rest a rotation as well? If they reprinted BW items in the latest set, why would they just rotate them out right after release? That would be very stupid on their part if so.

This is very good news. A simultanious worldwide release would be wonderful for the Pokemon TCG.

However, as someone already mentioned, it makes rotation less likely. At very least, it means we won't see anything more than NXD-on.

Will this put to rest a rotation as well? If they reprinted BW items in the latest set, why would they just rotate them out right after release? That would be very stupid on their part if so.

As much as I wish it would put the idea of a rotation to rest, it doesn't. We've had different formats from Japan before, so there's no reason we couldn't have a rotation even though we know Japan has not had one.

If this means that there will be a simultaneous release of the Pokemon X & Y sets around the world, it is a very positive step for the game and TPC should the commended for making this decision.

As much as I wish it would put the idea of a rotation to rest, it doesn't. We've had different formats from Japan before, so there's no reason we couldn't have a rotation even though we know Japan has not had one.
While your point is valid, it seems like the gap between Japan's game and our game is really being diminished. Especially with a worldwide release for the video game and a likely similar release for the tcg' I really think TPCi is trying to keep our game roughly the same as theirs.

I guess Japan did go to some measures to ensure close to simultaneous TCG releases. Looks like we might be getting XY1 in November after all, that is depending if Japan releases it at that month.

If this set is indeed reprints, I hope we don't get an equivalent of this set, because that would be a waste.

While your point is valid, it seems like the gap between Japan's game and our game is really being diminished. Especially with a worldwide release for the video game and a likely similar release for the tcg' I really think TPCi is trying to keep our game roughly the same as theirs.

I certainly hope so, I was just throwing out the "Devil's Advocate" response. It would be great to see a simultaneous release and a mirrored format.

With regards to a rotation, do we really think they'd say that right after worlds the next legal set is XY? So nothing legal can happen until OCT/NOV? Doesn't seem likely.

I guess Japan did go to some measures to ensure close to simultaneous TCG releases. Looks like we might be getting XY1 in November after all, that is depending if Japan releases it at that month.

If this set is indeed reprints, I hope we don't get an equivalent of this set, because that would be a waste.

I'd put my money on this being a mandate from Nintendo themselves if they're trying to sync us up.

I wonder what this means for our rotation, between that battle box (with Eels and all that) and this set I wonder if they have any intention of rotating 2 sets (BW, EP, and NV, being only the base set and Red Collection in Japan with some Promos)

With regards to a rotation, do we really think they'd say that right after worlds the next legal set is XY? So nothing legal can happen until OCT/NOV? Doesn't seem likely.

No one said anything about a rotation to XY-on. Most of the theories are DRX or DEX-on, if a rotation is going to happen.

I highly doubt they'll do any rotations just yet just as Bilbo Baggins said. If Pokemon does follow it's usual schedule, This probably going to happen

May: Plasma Freeze is released
June: Japan gets it's Ex Battle Boost set
August: English version of Megalo Cannon is released
October/November: XY1 is released worldwide.

We'll probably keep the BW series until the 4th or 5th XY set like last time.
ApachePrime, the theories about rotation being for DRX or DEX-on aren't theories but more like wishes than anything.
A reason for it being stupid for doing rotation for DRX or DEX-on is:

There's absolutely no logic to it. If you do DEX-on you switch out only one Ex set and if you do DRX-on you get rid of 2 Ex sets, and that makes no sense at all. The only logical rotation would be NXD-on because they've reprinted cards form those sets but again, it's stupid to switch out only a small portion of the series. PLS-on is incredibly stupid as there is only three Team Plasma sets. Any way you look, a rotation before XY4 OR XY5 makes Pokemon look like a stupid fool.

rcxd- But there was only 5 HGSS sets, and only 4 if you don't count CoL. But right now there is going to be 10 sets. that'd be a 15-16 set format by the end of BW-XY_. They have to rotate SOMETHING. And depending on when worlds is, then wouldn't Megalo Cannon come before August?

I'm wondering what we're going to do between this thing and the Shiny set they got. Box with one of everything ala ETB? I don't want to lose out on alt art kinds of things.

maybe they'll release it a boy/girl thing alongside Darkrai Giratina box. with Emolga and something for girl's box?? idk. just brainstorming.

rcxd- But there was only 5 HGSS sets, and only 4 if you don't count CoL. But right now there is going to be 10 sets. that'd be a 15-16 set format by the end of BW-XY_. They have to rotate SOMETHING. And depending on when worlds is, then wouldn't Megalo Cannon come before August?

Trust me Alann, they DON'T have to rotate anything. Sure, there will be about 14-15 sets before we say good bye to the BW series forever but having 14-15 sets isn't crowded, it's just variety, and variety is good and is something Pokemon has lacked for many years and maybe, they're making up for it. And about Megalo Cannon, going on the schedule Pokemon follows when releasing out sets, since we're getting Plasma Freeze in May, we HAVE to get Megalo Cannon in August as Pokemon follows a three month set release schedule.

I hpoe TPCi change for the japonese way, anda realese things like they get, that is more likely, and we can get everything before X/Y like that half decks Mewtwo Vs Genesect together with Megalo in August, If the Japonese format is BW the format will still BW for next year.

November's release is the Christmas set. From a retail standpoint, dropping X&Y in time for holiday shopping, and in coordination with the VG release, seems like a smart/obvious plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back