Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Japanese players?

Brawler

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I've heard a lot of things regarding japanese players playing in worlds. if only the ones from top 4 worlds last year and grinder are invited, does this mean the size of the event will decrease?

I hope the Japanese came up with some way to get their best players to Worlds.
Maybe they sent invites to those players with the most ranking points?

Whatever, if will be a shame if a major part of the competitive community had no chance to get there.

I think in 2004 Japan held a seperate qualifier event either the day before or two days before Worlds. Maybe they could do something like that again?

Although I remember Yamato saying on Facebook that they were going to have to grind, so if they are planning something, nothing has been announced.

And Pop, I don't think Japan get ranking points the way the rest of the World does. The only points I know they get are from the Daisuki club where they save up points to earn rare cards. But those points are earned at leagues rather than tournaments.

Maybe they'll send invites to all those who qualified last year.
Thats would be good IMO.
Oh, and theres no point system in Japan..
:(

Was talking to my friend from Japan, and he told me his gym(league) wasn't planning on coming over due to the change in the Last Chance Qualifer. Only people with invites we're coming over from his area.

On the Worlds website for this year it only states that the World Champ from last year (Yuta k.) and 2 seniors are representing Japan :/

That's not taking into account LCQ obviously..

I know the tsunami earlier in the year caused a lot of Pokemon tournaments to be canceled in Japan. Perhaps these tournaments would have qualified players to participate at Worlds?

Back