Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

JewelQuest

JewelQuest

This is my first fan fiction story, and I would like to have someone actually post so that I know that I either am doing well, or I am not doing well at all.
Thank you.

Arceus. Many stories circulate around this mystic Pokemon. Some say that Arceus is the creator of all in this world. Others say that he came up with the design. Others say that he has no part in this world. But there are even more questions.
What if he had a brother of darkness?
What if he had a powerless wife?
What if he had.....A daughter?

JewelQuest
Prologue

Darkness, such darkness. It pressed in around her, making her heart pound in fear like it had only once before. A shadow. A deep voice. "The child....."

A cry in the night woke her from the nightmare, and she lay looking up at the ceiling for a moment, her breath heavy and her heart pounding. Some would say that she was a woman of beauty. Her hair was black as coals, and her eyes a blue as the sky on a clear day. Right now those beautiful eyes were open in terror, as she listened for the cry that had awoken her. The cry did not repeat itself. It was like it had called out to wake her. She looked at her husband. He was still breathing deepily, and he was in the deepest of sleeps. She breathed a sigh of relief. She sat up in her bed and slipped her feet out from under the covers, slipping them into warm slippers that had been sitting there awaiting for the moment she woke. She took her bathrobe down from the wall and wrapped it around her self. She walked over to the small bed where a girl slept, the daughter that they had adopted. In the dim light of the room, her hair looked like old bronze. The woman reached up and took a thin red candle off a shelf, and lit it with a match that she found in the pocket of her bath robe. She blew out the match and held down so that she could see her daughter's face. Now the hair shone in the candle light, and was as orange as the sunset.
A smile was formed on her childish face, and she turned her face away, saying in her sleep, "Da....dy?"
The woman moved the candle away, and turned her head as a soft Thud was heard near, and a dark shape moved toward her.
What looked like a cat with dark fur jumped on her lap. There was a ring of yellow fur on her forhead that glowed, and a one around each ear and leg, and her tail as well. She gazed up at the woman with red eyes, and gave a soft imploring "Um?"
The woman laughed and stroked the soft fur with her hand. "Hello, Umbreon." She whispered softly, and then she turned her eyes again to her daughter. It had been a week since she had 'adopted' her. She had told her husband that she had found the child on their doorstep, but this was not the truth. She closed her eyes and pulled the memory to the front of her mind, where it seemed like it had happened only yesterday.

She was sitting by the edge of the Virdian forest, which was close to her home of Pallet. She sat there and watched the Pokemon gather 'round why she played her grass whistle. Suddenly several of the Pokemon started. A young Eevee darted back into the forest, and several Caterpie hid behind the woman. She stopped playing and gazed at what had just appeared. A large shadow was in front of her. She had heard of a Pokemon like this, a Pokemon that was either shadow or it's real form. But she could not remember the name. The Pokemon was obviously in 'shadow' form, as she could not make out a face or a body, just a wavering shadow, with two arms extending.
In the arms of the shadow sat a girl of two years, which hair as orange as the sunset. He set her down on the grass, where she sat up and opened up her eyes. They were green, so green. She stood up shakily and walked over to the woman, and sat down in between her knees, lying her head on one knee. She fell asleep again most instantly.
The woman kept her eyes on the girl, but when she looked up, she found that even though the shadow remained, Pokemon were coming out and sitting near the girl.
The shadow spoke in a deep voice. "You must care for the child."
The woman mustered her courage. "W-who are you? Why must I care for this...child?"
The shadow did not hesitate. "Ah, he said that you would question. Who I am does not matter. You must care for the child, because she needs someone to care for her. We have found you to be suitable. Please, care for this girl as if she is your own daughter."
Her own daughter. That was something to think about. She paused, and then nodded silently. "W-What is her...name?"
If the shadow could smile, it would have. "The child's father named her Jewel." It held out it's hand again, which now held something on it's palm. It was a white string, with one large jewel on it, a jewel as green as the child's eyes. "This is hers. She must keep it near her always, but this she already knows."
The woman took the necklace and place it around the child's neck. Was it just her imagination, or did the jewel glow for a moment? And did the child's hair become brighter for a second? She shook her head and looked back up, but the shadow was gone. Suddenly she remembered it's name. "Ah.....Darkrai." She murmured, and stood up, taking the girl home with her.

Now she sat thinking beside the child's bed. She ran her hand through the child's hair. Even now she wore the necklace, and she never parted with it. The woman sighed and stood up.
Umbreon jumped down swiftly and then jumped back up onto the bed.
The woman laughed softly. "Yes, Umbreon. Back to bed. And hopefully no more nightmares as well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Far away from the small town of Pallet sat a man in a dark room. The only light in this room was a small lamp on the desk, which the man used to write by. You could not see the man himself, for he wore a cloak as dark as the room, which concealed the man's face and body, only his pale hands and black boots could be seen, and the lower section of his face. He placed the pen with which he had been writing with down and smiled. "Beautiful." On his desk sat two pieces of paper, with the exact same words on them. He held up one of his pale hands and beckoned someone forward.
A man in a dark suit came forward.
The man at the desk held out one of the pieces of paper. "Send a copy to Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, and Team Plasma each." He murmured, his voice barely a whisper.
The man nodded, and headed out of the room, clutching the piece of paper.
The cloaked man smiled and picked up the last piece, and read it, the words ringing in his mind.

Friends,

I am a friend to all who is evil,
All who is strong, and all who are crooked.
I call a gathering in twenty hours to discuss
something of utmost importance.
After all, we all want the same thing.
Power.
And Pokemon.

Last edited:
Sheesh, 29 views and not one post besides my own. Oh, well. Here is the next chapter anyway.

Chapter 1: Beginning

Green eyes flickered open and blinked at the ceiling. A girl sat up and stretched, reaching for the Pokeball by her bedside, a slight squeak caused to her look towards the door. "Morning, Umbreon." She said to the dark head that peeked through the door.
The thing looked a lot like a dark furred cat, except for the red eyes and the glowing yellow rings here and there. It smiled and spoke. "Um, breon um. Breon, um um."
The girl laughed. "Alright, I'm coming."
The Umbreon removed her head from the doorway.
The girl stood up and shut the door, gently. She flicked the light switch on and walked over to her closet. She looked like a normal girl, a thirteen year old. She had long orange hair and green eyes(As you already noticed), and she always wore a necklace consisting of a white piece of string with a green jewel on it the size of a large marble. Her name was Jewel. Right now she wore dark blue PJs as well. She was supposed to have started her Pokemon journey on her tenth year, but had only received her Pokedex and her first Pokemon, a Chikorita. The reason that she had waited three years is that a team of Pokemon thieves who called themselves Team Dark had tried taking over the reigns. Fortunately, the heros and heroines had come out of living peaceably and had given them something to think about. Now Jewel could finally start her journey, and she was more then ready. Especially with the fact that her father had been one of the ones that had been taken by Team Dark. No one knew what had happened to him.

She undressed and dressed quickly. She raced to the bathroom to brush her hair, and by the time she came downstairs, her mother had finished making breakfast. Jewel now wore dark-colored jeans, a sky blue tank-top, and a dark green vest over that. She also wore a belt of sienna, were she now placed her Pokeball, and she placed her Pokedex in her bag. Her bag was a bright green, and as she opened in she gave a small laugh. "I don't think my journey will be quite dangerous to be in need of all these." She said with a grin, holding up the large bandages. "A few minor cuts and bruises, but not anything that huge..."
Her mother sighed. Mrs.Robin looked very different from her daughter. She had dark blue eyes and black hair. Not surprising as she wasn't Jewel's biological mother, which Jewel seemed to know even though Mrs.Robin had never told her. "Those are for your Pokemon, dear. I heard that the Pokemon battles could be quite brutal."
Jewel sighed and placed the bandages back in the bag. "I highly doubt they'll be that bad." She sat down on the table, and quickly moved her right hand as a blue blur shot onto the table. What now sat on the table looked like a blue cat with fur that looked like scales, a mermaid tail, and ears like fins. Jewel smiled and ran her fingers through the fur, which was very, very short. "Morning Vaporeon." Her mother had evolved an Eevee with a Water Stone five years ago. Jewel could still remember the excitement of that day, the time that she had first seen a Pokemon evolve.
"Va, poooooor." Called Vaporeon in a call like the ocean waves, and then she walked to the end of the table.
Umbreon hopped onto the table and nodded her head at Jewel. She walked over to join Vaporeon, and gave her a nudge. Umbreon had been Vaporeon's mother. Her mate had been Jewel's father's Jolteon.
Jewel smiled at the two Pokemon and turned to her own mother, who placed a plate of sausage, bacon, and eggs in front of her, and placed down another plate at the place beside her.
"Eat up." She said, smiling at her daughter, and then placed a place of her own specially made Pokemon food in front of Vaporeon and Umbreon.
"Vaaaa!"
"Umbreon."
Mrs. Robin's looked at her daughter for translation.
Jewel looked up, her mouth full of egg. She swallowed. "They said 'Thanks.'"
Mrs. Robin nodded. There was something quiet strange about Jewel: She could understand the language of Pokemon, and yet she didn't seem to know that it was not normal. She and her husband had noticed this around when Jewel was five years of age, when she started calling her father's Jolteon, Blaze. When her father had asked her why she called him this, she had said, "That's what he said he was named.". Mrs. Robin sighed.
Jewel swatted Umbreon's paw playfully. "No, find your own sausage."
Umbreon grinned and stretched her eyes wide, in a pleading why, though her eyes were full of mischief.
Jewel grinned and gave her and Vaporeon a sausage.

When they had finished breakfast, Jewel headed out the door, where her mother bid her farewell. Then she headed out across the calm town of Pallet, towards Prof. Oak's place.
Suddenly, a shout called out to her, "Hey, Jewel!"
Jewel stopped and turned.
There stood a woman with long yellow hair up in a ponytail. She wore a large hat that was now held down onto her back with her apron ties, and a red dress with an apron over it. Right now she wore red flip-flops, but the fact that they were cleaner then her feet told you that she often went barefoot. "Where you off to so early?"
Jewel grinned. "Well, it is finally time for my journey to begin, Miss Yellow. Red back yet?"
Yellow sighed and a worry appeared in her eyes. "No, not yet." Then the worry evaporated. "But he'll be home soon. He never stays away for too long." She turned her head toward an advancing shadow.
"But, butterfree." Said a silvery voice, and a Butterfree landed on her hat.
Yellow laughed. "Morning, Kitty."
Jewel smiled. "Hello, Kitty."
"Butteeeeeerfree!!!! (Morning everyone!)" Answered Kitty.
Jewel grinned. "The mating season's coming back up."
Yellow sighed. "I know, and I am going to miss Kitty." She sighed. "Oh, well. She'll be back, maybe even before Red is."
Jewel grinned, and then turned toward where she could see Prof. Oak's study. "I have got to go. See ya, Yellow."
Yellow smiled. "See you, Jewel. Be sure to pop into the Virdian Gym and say hello to Blue for Green and I!"
Jewel was already moving. "I'll try!" She kept moving, leaving Yellow and Kitty behind her.

She was soon saying good-bye to Prof. Oak and headed on to Route 1. As soon as they She tossed her Pokeball in the air. "Go, Leaf."
Her Chikorita appeared. "Chika!" She called, and looked around her. It was a strange looking Pokemon, with a rather small body and a head that blended into it, making it look like she had no neck. Her body color was light green Her red eyes were much more friendly then Umbreon's were. She had a large leaf on the top of her head, and little spikes that when around what probably was her neck. She had a short tail that was the color of her body, and was more a large spike then a tail.
Jewel placed the Pokeball in a vest pocket. She smiled at her Pokemon. They had been together for three years, so they knew each other quite well. Jewel started off at a slow pace.
Leaf rolled her eyes and took off at top speed, forcing Jewel to start running after her.
"Hey, hey! Slow down! Chik, rita chik-Ah!" In the middle of repeating her plea in Leaf's talk, she didn't notice the other running figure until they both ran into each other. Jewel shook her head. One moment she had been running after her small green Pokemon, the other she was flat on her back, with a huge headache.
"Mud, kip mud!"
That wasn't Chikorita. Jewel opened her eyes.
Two Pokemon sat beside her, looking at her nervously, but the worry in their eyes evaporated when she opened hers. The second Pokemon was blue. It had orange gills on its cheeks and a large blue fin on its head. It's tail was also a large blue fin. "Mudkip..." She murmured, remembering when she had been trying to decide her starter. When she had picked her first Pokemon, the Pokemon Professers were temporarily allowing all trainers to have choices between all the starters from every region known.
"Hey, watch where you are running."
The strong voice, Mudkip's trainer she assumed, awoke her from her thoughts. She stood up quickly and looked at the stranger.
He had spiky white hair, and black eyes. He surveyed her like if she was a particularly scrawny Magikarp, and that sparked anger in her, anger that she wouldn't allow to kindle.
"Sorry, but you should watch your step as well."
That brought surprise to his eyes. A small smile flickered over his lips and he spoke. "Well, then. How about we settle this with a Pokemon battle? You're a trainer, right?"
That caught Jewel off guard. Anxiousness swelled in her. "Wait, what? Y-yes, I am, but-" A tugging on her pants leg made her pause. She looked down. "Yes, Leaf?" She crouched down beside her Pokemon.
Her Chikortia gazed into her trainer's eyes. "Chikor, ita, chik!"
"Y-you want to battle? But-"
"CHIKOR!!!!!"
"O-Ok.....I'll trust your judgment." She murmured.
A spark of surprise was in the stranger's eyes. "Hmm...I'll go with Mudkip." He said, watching her curiously.
Jewel stood up. "Alright, Leaf, I choose you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a place far away from Jewel, in another dimension in fact, stood a being of light. He stood in the very middle, and he waited calmly for the moment he knew would come. And it did.
A shadow materialized in front to him, and a strange being of shadow.
"Are you sure this is the way you want to proceed? If he-"
Said the shadow, launching into speech the moment he fully materialized.
The being of light cut him off. "You worry too much. Everything will be fine. I am sure that her light can hold back his darkness. Positive. Very sure. Most-"
The being of shadow turned away, grumpily interjecting."Alright, alright. I get the picture. But my father didn't risk himself in the Virdian Forest for nothing, ya know?" He glanced back at the being of light, a small smirk crossing his face.
The being of light sighed. "Yes, Darkrai, I know."

Last edited:
You read the Pokémon Adventures manga, I assume?

On topic, good story and I'll be sure to check back for updates.

Yes, I do. One of my favorite series. :D

Thanks!

This is the last chapter I have written, mostly because I haven't taken the time to sit down and write it. So, we'll have to see when I manage to post the next one.....So, for now, I give you:

Chapter 2:Mysterious Trainer Storm

"Leaf, use Tackle!" Jewel called.
Leaf nodded and ran at the Mudkip.
"Dodge, Mudkip!" Called the boy.
But Mudkip didn't move in time. Leaf ran straight into it, giving in a large bruise on his side. "Mud...Kip!"
The boy sighed. "Good, that's the spirit, Mudkip. Use Water gun."
Leaf dodged the attack.
"Pound, use pound!"
The boy grinned. "Pound, eh? Alright, we'll give them a 'pound' of our own! Mudkip!"
The two Pokemon hit each other at the same time. Leaf hopped to her feet at once, while Mudkip staggered to his.
The boy's eyes flashed with alarm. "Don't give up! Use-Mudkip?"
The Pokemon collapsed. The boy ran over to it and pulled out a Potion. "You did your best." He stood up, his Pokmon still in his arms. "You did well." He turned and began to walk away.
Jewel paused. "Wait, my name is Jewel, what's yours?"
The boy paused. "Name's Storm, don't forget it." He ran off.
Jewel sighed.
"Chik! Rita chika!" Cried Leaf in triumph.
Jewel smiled. "Good job, Leaf. Want to return to your Pokeball for a rest?"
Chikorita gave her a patronizing look. "Chik kor rita?(Are you serious?)"
Jewel laughed. "Ok, I guess not."
"Chi!" Leaf seemed satisfied, and bounced ahead of Jewel the entire way to Virdian.

Jewel did not catch anything on the way to Virdian, and that is not for lack of trying. No Pokemon came out. Finally they reached Virdian City. Jewel headed right for the gym, only to be stopped by the self declared 'Gym Guard'.
"Sorry, Miss. Leader Blue is not available." He said. He was a dumpy sort of man, with a thick black mustache and a green hat that covered his messy black hair. "He's left, no one knows when he'll be back or where he went. Sorry."
Jewel sighed. "Ok, I'll drop by again later." She left with Leaf following after her. They dropped by the Pokemon Center, where Nurse Joy healed Leaf.
Jewel sat on a bench in the Pokemon Center, eating a sandwich that her mother had made her. Leaf ate some Pokemon food that Mrs. Robin had packed. They headed out toward Virdian Forest soon after lunch.

Jewel looked up at the forbidding looking trees. "Well, here goes nothing." She looked around. "At least there are no fire types in Virdian Forest." She said, more to herself then to Leaf.
They headed through the forest, with Jewel anxiously checking the map every five minutes, until Leaf said, "Chik rita chiiiiiik!(Quit worrying already!)Kor chik rita. Chika.(We'll be just fine. Trust me.)"
Jewel sighed and put the map back in her backpack.
"Cat? Pie? Caterpie?" Came a tiny voice from behind.
Jewel wheeled about. There sat a small Pokemon, that looked like a green caterpillar. It had orange eyes, and a small pink something that stuck out of it's forehead. Jewel smiled. "Awww, you're cute!"
The Caterpie grinned. It looked at Leaf uncertainly, but Leaf grinned at it, and it grinned back.
Leaf jumped up onto Jewel's shoulder with a little bit of struggling. "Chi!" She groaned as she heaved herself up.
Jewel laughed. "Hello, Caterpie." She glanced apprehensively at Leaf, and then shrugged her shoulders.
Leaf came toppling down. "CHIKO-"
"Not now. So, Caterpie, interested in battling me?"
Caterpie thought for a moment, and then nodded.
"Go, Leaf!"
"Chiko-"
"Use Tackle!"
"Chik....." Leaf gave Jewel a patronizing look, and then ran at Caterpie, hitting it with a blow.
Caterpie went flying, and then righted it's self. It then began to move to the right.....Very, very sloooowly.
"Uh..." Jewel looked sideways at it. "Um....Pokeball, go!" She tossed the Pokeball without much effort at the little caterpillar.
It hit Caterpie on the head, making it fly backwards again. The ball opened and a red lazor flew out and hit Caterpie, who seemed to turn into the red laser. It flew back into the ball, and the ball fell onto the grass.
Jewel watched it as it shook once, twice, and then a third time. It then became still for a moment, and then little stars flew out. Jewel bent down and picked up the Pokeball. "Great job, Leaf. That's one more for our crew." She gazed at the Pokeball. "I'll name you 'Butterfly'." She said, and then she softly smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back in the dimensions, Darkrai stood with his shadowy arms crossed, feeling resentful. "Well, I guess you were right..."
The being of light turned to respond, but another visitor responded before he could.
A small pink creature that looked like a flying pink cat floated in front of the being of shadow. "You are a worry-wort, that is the problem. Teehee."
She began to giggle uncontrollably.
Darkrai threw her a dirty look, which seemed to make her giggle even harder. "I didn't ask your opinion, Mew!"
The being of light sighed, and shook his head. "You two need to work on learning to work together."
Mew grinned lopsidely at the being of light, and then at Darkrai. ".....Alright. Sorry Darky."
Darkrai glared at her, not appreciating being call 'Darky'. "Someday I am going to hurt you."
Mew just giggled and flew a little ways away, out of Darkrai's reach.
A large blue creature turned and glared at them, his red eyes glowing.
"Will you two cut it out? I am trying to-Argh!" He cut off as immense pain overwhelmed him, and when it stopped, he was breathing heavily.
Mew glanced sideways at the being of light.
He sighed and turned to the blue creature. "...What do you see?"
The creature paused, still breathing heavily. ".......She will be in need of assistance."
The being of light turned away, immersed in deep thinking. Even Mew did not dare to interrupt. Finally he spoke. "....Send the water being, the fire being, and the lightning being to me. It seems that our time to act has come sooner then expected."

I don't know when I'll get the next chapter on, so I'll provide a preview of it.

On the rooftops, a man with bristly brown hair stood watching the alleyways. His eyes were the color of grass, and his uniform was quite....strange. He wore a a black long sleeved shirt, and a dark purple vest, and black cords. His shoes were, not surprisingly, black as well. On the shirt, was a dark red D, though right now you couldn't really see it, as he had covered it as well as he could by buttoning his vest up the front.
The cry of a Pokemon caught his ears, and the soft 'thump' of a human landing behind him.
"Return, Jigglypuff." Said an annoyed voice.
A smile slid up the man's face. Oh, annoyed was she? Well, that was something he could put up with. He turned around to face the newcomer.
For someone who didn't know her and wasn't used to her, she could make them do a double-take. She had shoulder-length pink hair, and dark purple eyes. She wore the same uniform as the man, except her vest wasn't button, she wore black leggings and a dark purple skirt instead of the black cords he wore. The look she wore on her face was annoyed and amused. She held a Poke ball in her hand, but she tucked that into her vest.
He glared at her for a moment, and then spun on his heel. "Watch the street behind us." He said, looking back down into the alleyways that he had been watching only moments before.
She frowned. "Hello to you too." She muttered, and then, giving his back an icy glare, turned around to watch the alleyways behind them.
For several long minutes, both neither saw or said anything. Then the man spotted something. A thirteen year old girl was walking down the alleyways in silence. Probably avoiding the crowds, He reasoned. She had long orange hair and a necklace with a strange green jewel in the shape of an orb around her neck. At her feet trotted a Chikorita. That made him smile. Chikorita's were rare, as were all such starter Pokemon. Being that this one had yet to evolve, he guessed that she was a new trainer. That was good. "Found someone." He said sharply.
The woman turned to look at him, or at his back, as he hadn't turned around. She walked slowly over to stand beside him, and look down upon the girl. "She doesn't look like much."
The man rolled his eyes. "That is the point, Sencillia."

Last edited:
I was extremely intrigued by the Prologue and Chapter 1. Just, could you space the paragraphs with a blank line between them? It hurts my eyes.

Also, in Ch. 2, Darkrai seems a bit childish with that threat on Mew for calling him "Darky". I would make it sound more cruel, personally.

Otherwise, you're coming along just fine.

I was extremely intrigued by the Prologue and Chapter 1. Just, could you space the paragraphs with a blank line between them? It hurts my eyes.

Also, in Ch. 2, Darkrai seems a bit childish with that threat on Mew for calling him "Darky". I would make it sound more cruel, personally.

Otherwise, you're coming along just fine.

Alright. Thanks for the advice. :D

Chapter 3 will be up as soon as I get up and actually finish the last five sentences or so.....

Chapter three is finished.
Here you go!

Chapter 3

When Jewel and her Pokemon finally emerged from Virdian Forest, it was six in the night. For Jewel, it wasn't all that late, as she was used to going to bed at eight, but tonight, though she was cheerful, she was tired, and both of her Pokemon were worn out. They decided to camp on the edge of the forest for the night, and they slept soundly.
The next morning was bright and cheery, and Jewel woke up in great spirits. She got up and brushed her clothes off. One benefit to camping, you didn't have to put on PJ's.
Leaf and Butterfly lay curled up on opposite sides of Jewel's sleeping bag. Leaf raised her head and blinked slowly at Jewel. "Chika....?" She murmured sleepily and yawned.
Jewel laughed and said in return, "And good morning to you as well, Leaf." She glanced behind her at and the dark forest and sighed, glad that they hadn't had to sleep in there last night. She turned her gaze onto Butterfly, who still slept soundly. She bent down and nudged the small Pokemon, who stirred slightly.
Butterfly looked up at Jewel, with a slight timid expression.
Jewel smiled. "C'mon, Butterfly, you must wake up now.
"Cater...." Whispered Butterfly, and she moved slowly towards Jewel.
Jewel sighed, and gazed calmly at her new Pokemon. She gave a fleeting glance at Leaf, who was rummaging through her backpack looking for something to eat. Jewel laughed and took the backpack away. "Alright, we'll have breakfast now."
Both Pokemon cheered, Leaf enthusiastically, Butterfly very daintily.
After an uneventful breakfast, Jewel packed up her backpack and took the two Poke balls off her belt. "Alright, Leaf, Butterfly, come on back!" A beam of red light came out of each ball and shot at the individual Pokemon.
The first red light hit Butterfly, and with a small "Caaaa!" she disappeared into the Poke ball.
Leaf, however, was not going to cooperate. "Chikaaaa!" She protested, dodging the beam. She gazed definitively at Jewel.
Jewel gazed at her stubborn Pokemon and sighed. "Ok, fine. you win, Leaf." She placed Butterfly's and Leaf's ball on her belt, and looked forward. In front of them was another route, the route that would lead them to Pewter city, home of Brock, the Rock type gym leader. A smile played around her lips, and she began to walk forward, calm and confidant.
Leaf trotted briskly at her feet, teasing a nearby Rattata.
Jewel gave her Pokemon a little nudge with her foot. "Don't be shrewd."
Leaf gave her a reproachful look. "Chikaree...." She muttered grumpily, but she stopped teasing the rat-like Pokemon.

They soon arrived in the busy Pewter City. Jewel looked at the crowds. "Wow...." She murmured, a sweat-drop on the back of her head.
Leaf nodded.
Jewel looked around, and spotted a part of town that wasn't crowded, dark alleyways around half destroyed houses. She nodded. "How about we go over there?" She asked, pointing in the correct direction.
Leaf looked, and nodded. "Chika!" She said, bouncing ahead of Jewel.
Jewel sighed and followed.

On the rooftops, a man with bristly brown hair stood watching the alleyways. His eyes were the color of grass, and his uniform was quite....strange. He wore a a black long sleeved shirt, and a dark purple vest, and black cords. His shoes were, not surprisingly, black as well. On the shirt, was a dark red D, though right now you couldn't really see it, as he had covered it as well as he could by buttoning his vest up the front.
The cry of a Pokemon caught his ears, and the soft 'thump' of a human landing behind him.
"Return, Jigglypuff." Said an annoyed voice.
A smile slid up the man's face. Oh, annoyed was she? Well, that was something he could put up with. He turned around to face the newcomer.
For someone who didn't know her and wasn't used to her, she could make them do a double-take. She had shoulder-length pink hair, and dark purple eyes. She wore the same uniform as the man, except her vest wasn't button, she wore black leggings and a dark purple skirt instead of the black cords he wore. The look she wore on her face was annoyed and amused. She held a Poke ball in her hand, but she tucked that into her vest.
He glared at her for a moment, and then spun on his heel. "Watch the street behind us." He said, looking back down into the alleyways that he had been watching only moments before.
She frowned. "Hello to you too." She muttered, and then, giving his back an icey glare, turned around to watch the alleyways behind them.
For several long minutes, both neither saw or said anything. Then the man spotted something. A thirteen year old girl was walking down the alleyways in silence. Probably avoiding the crowds, He reasoned. She had long orange hair and a necklace with a strange green jewel in the shape of an orb around her neck. At her feet trotted a Chikorita. That made him smile. Chikorita's were rare, as were all such starter Pokemon. Being that this one had yet to evolve, he guessed that she was a new trainer. That was good. "Found someone." He said sharply.
The woman turned to look at him, or at his back, as he hadn't turned around. She walked slowly over to stand beside him, and look down upon the girl. "She doesn't look like much."
The man rolled his eyes. "That is the point, Sencillia."

Sencillia held onto the foot of her Jigglypuff, a tactic of travel she had learned from one of the Pokemon Masters. She glanced downward. She should be at the rendezvous point by now. She called up to her Pokemon to go down, and as she did she saw the figure of her partner. She landed softly and pulled out her Pokemon's ball. "Return, Jigglypuff." She said in a purposely annoyed voice.
Her partner turned to give her a scathing look as she put the ball back in her vest pocket. He turn his back on her. "Watch the street behind us." He said coldly.
She felt very annoyed. "Hello to you too." She muttered, then giving his back an icy glare. Resentfully she spun on her heel and looked down at the alleyways behind them. She sighed. Why do I always get stuck with Brazon? She wondered to herself. She felt a twinge of annoyance as she spotted nothing, except a Rattata scurrying under a half demolished porch. Brazon had put her watching this street on purpose!!! She just knew it. She opened her mouth to make a snappy comment, when Brazon spoke.
"Found someone." His voice was sharp.
He doesn't like being stuck with me anymore then I like being stuck with him. Sencillia reasoned, calming herself down. She walked slowly over to stand beside him. A girl of about thirteen was below them, a Chikorita at her feet. She was impressed by Brazon's find, but felt that she ought to say something to annoy him. "She doesn't look like much." She commented.
Brazon rolled his eyes. "That is the point, Sencillia. Follow me."
Sencillia sighed and watched him as he pulled out a Pokeball, and tossed it up into the air.
He caught it again and looked straight at her calmly.
Sencillia was annoyed almost to the point of pushing him off herself, but he turned and began to climb down himself. She muttered something quietly under her breath and followed suit.
They dropped down right in front of the girl, who stopped short in surprise. "W-Where did you come from?" She said.
"Chiiiiiiii!" Squeaked the Chikorita, ducking behind the girl in surprise, and then coming back out cautiously.
Sencillia smiled. This would be easy. She glanced at Brazon, who didn't speak. Her smile widened and she spoke calmly. "Hello little girl. We represent a certain group that has need of your.....assistance."
The girl was now calmly watching them, curiously. "I have a name."
Sencillia's grin turned to a frown. Cheeky little.... "I should hope that you do, but that isn't our problem right now."
The girl's hand flew to her jeweled necklace. "What do you need?" She said, her voice wavering slightly.
Sencillia paused. "We need that Pokemon of yours....The Chikorita."
The Pokemon glared and snarled at her, saying defiantly. "Chik, ritaaaa, chi!"
Sencillia frowned, glaring at it.
The girl smiled calmly. "Leaf wishes to inform you that she doesn't want to come with you."
Brazon spoke, his voice laced with shock. "You.....can understand Pokemon?" He turned to Sencillia. "If she can...."
"She would be a valuable asset to our team. I know, I know." She said, noting mentally to give him a good slap later. She turned back to the girl. "Well then, little girl. We have an arrangement for you. Join us, and you can keep your pathetic Chikorita. Don't join us, and you can wish her good-bye."
The girl paused, though her gaze was defiant.
"My decision? Neither!"

Last edited:
Chapter 4 is done.
Note, the reason that I don't space in between the different people talking is because I find difficult to find my different paragraphs. But I am going to start doing that, unless I find it too difficult....

Chapter 4

A boy wandered down the alleyway. The main streets of Pewter City were too crowed to fit his taste at this point. Besides, he wanted a moment to think. The boy had spiky white hair and black eyes. His gaze had almost no emotion in it, and his thoughts were grave. He plucked one of the three Poke balls from his belt and gazed at it. Mudkip had been a gift from his mother, and was the at the lowest level of all three of his Pokemon. That's why he had picked him for the battle against the orange haired girl. He thought that even with and obvious type disadvantage he would be able to beat her, but he hadn't. All I need is...more training He said to himself. He placed it once more on his belt, fingering the other two as well. Maybe he'd take up the Gym challenge. He already had the Boulder Badge and the Rainbow Badge. It couldn't be too hard to gain the rest.

He paused suddenly, as a shrill cry rang out. "Chiiiiii!" He looked around, trying to pinpoint the source of that startled cry. He turned and ran to his right, hoping that his ears hadn't failed him. He turned a couple of corners, and then stopped. The sight before him was enough to make his heart pound.

Jewel. She stood facing two opponents, her orange hair billowing around her. Her Chikorita, he forgot it's silly nickname, stood and her feet, glaring at the enemy with intense dislike.

Sencillia. She stood calm and calculated, her pink hair resting on her shoulders. Her violet eyes focused on the girl before her. A sly smile creeping up her face. It was all Storm could do not to throw something at her, something that would wipe that smile off her face.

Brazon. His green eyes never wandered, though unsurity and curiosity shone in them as sure as day. Storm grinned. They must have found out about Jewel's strange ability to understand Pokemon. Brazon's gaze often swapped targets, first Jewel, then her Chikorita, then Sencillia. Sometimes they'd dart over the surrounding area, and then Storm had to duck behind something to avoid being found.

Storm's blood was ice in his veins. Two strong opponents against a thirteen year old girl and her Chikorita. He fingered one of his Pokeballs and wondered if he should join in, but he shook his head and focused on what they were saying.

"Join us, and you can keep your pathetic Chikorita. Don't join us, and you can wish her farewell." That was Sencillia. Only she could make her voice so unpleasant.

Jewel seemed to consider for a moment, and then spoke clearly and calmly. "My decision?" She lingered on these words and Storm tensed. "Neither."

Storm didn't know whether to breath a sigh of relief or to smack his forehead at her foolishness. Idiot! He jumped out of his hiding place and dived toward her, a Pokeball in his hand. He stopped beside her, his gaze focused on his enemy.

Jewel looked at him in surprise, but when she spoke her voice was as calm as ever. "Where did you-"

Sencillia cut her off. "Oooh, Stormy, how nice of you to join us, I had no idea you were in the
area." She practically purred. Storm felt the urge to slap her, but he forced it to the back of his mind.
"Well then, we get a Chikorita AND little Stormy here! Not a bad deal, eh?" She said to Brazon cheerfully.

Brazon only muttered something in response.

Jewel had focused her gaze on her opponents once more, and Storm felt a strange sensation flow through him. It was calming....and yet alarming. His opponents looked both alarmed and were gazing at Jewel. He turned his gaze on her and found a curious sight.

Jewel stood calmly, her hand clenched around the one jewel on her necklace, but she was strange....And yet he could not see why. Then her hand dropped and she put one foot forward, her gaze had no calmness in it now. The one jewel was glowing. Her hair began to wave in a wind that none of them felt, and it too began to glow. Like fire burning a page,
the glow flowed throughout her body, and suddenly Storm found his surroundings disappearing. It was like they were being transported to another dimension. Everywhere he looked, all he could see was a bright orange color that soothed him for some reason. He shook his head and focused once more on Jewel. Her glow had dimmed a little so that he could see her shape.
Her eyes were open now, and they glowed bright green. Her hair shimmered around her, and she stood on the tips of her toes. A soft smile was upon her face, and when she spoke her voice was calm and wise. "By the light of my father I said for your help...the being of lightning...the being of fire...the being of water.....send me your kin!" Her voice never wavered.

Storm watched her with apprehension. What was going on? Suddenly the orange background faded and they were back in the alleyway. Storm blinked and looked around him, and then focused her attention on Jewel once more. She still seemed to glow a bit. Her hair was brighter then before. Her eyes still glowed, and the aura around was mysterious. She seemed pretty much the same, save for a few details.

She now wore a long green dress that covered her legs, except for the very tips of her now bare feet. Her strange necklace was gone, and in her hand she held a long golden rod with a green jewel like the one on her necklace on the top. The difference was that it was much larger.
Nothing seemed to be different, except for the fact that she glowing slightly, and Sencillia was about to make a haughty remark, when behind Jewel, a blue sphere appeared....

~~~~~~~~~~
A blue leopard-like creature looked up to the sky, deep in thought.She had a purple cloud-like object on her back and a large blue crystal-like oval on her forehead. White streamers flowed around her from her back, and she had white diamond patterns on her sides. Her gaze was calm. She blinked in surprise. Words. She heard words. Strange words, words that she hadn't heard in a while. She stood up and looked around her. Many other of her type stood around, young ones playing, older ones gossiping, and middle-aged ones going about their business. She smiled. Everything was fine in the Suicune community. Then why do I feel...so tense? She asked her self. Suddenly the shadow below her moved. She tensed, her heart pounding, her claws out. The white diamond patterns on her sides seemed to turn small. She growled at the object, and got ready to form an Air Slash.

The shadow laughed and rose out of the ground. "Hello to you too, Regina Suicune. Or do you prefer to be called by your given name these days?"

Suicune flicked one of her ribbons in annoyance, and yet there was surprise in her gaze. The legendary communities rarely met, especially the Darkrai community. They were rather....distant."I'd rather not, Dominus Darkrai, unless you prefer your given name as well?"

Darkrai glared at her. "Only two Pokemon dare utter my name, Mew and Arceus."

Suicune lifted her head haughty. "And why is that."

The Darkrai did not answer. Then he spoke calmly. "I come with a message from Arceus. His jewel is in danger. Pick an able member of your community to go and help her." He turned to leave.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I have to alert the other two as well....."

Suicune watched him leave and turned around to look at the community again. She looked around at them all. She focused her gaze on one, then another. Then her gaze fell on a strange one. She was paler then the others, and her 'cloud' was blue. Then Suicune shook her head and continued on. Then, finally, she let her gaze fall on one. It was young, ten years in Suicune years, twenty-five years in human years. She was battling a young male at the moment, her eyes gleaming. Regina Suicune felt a smile raise to her lips. Her daughter was growing well. She waited a moment for her to finish her battle, and then she bounded down the hill to meet her. "Saphire." She greeted.

"Hello Moth-I mean Regina Suicune." The young Suicune dipped her head in respect.

Regina Suicune smiled. "Enough with formalities. I have an assignment for you, think you can handle it?"

Saphire's eyes gleamed. "You know I can."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A brown lion-like animal stood on charred ground. It was even less lion-like then Suicune was leopard-like. It's brown fur was shaggy, it had a red 'mask', and had a white cloud-like thing flowing behind him from his back. A smaller form of him stood beside him, and the two were deep in conversation.

The larger turned it's face to face the sky. "Magma....Some day you'll be leader of this community, and it'll be your decision to make. Right now...it is mine." He gave a slight shake of his head. He turned to the younger one. "Do you understand?"

The young one nodded. He was eight years old in his kind's years, and nineteen in the years of a human. "I understand." With that, the young one turned and walked into the charred bushes and trees and disappeared from sight.

The older one sighed.

"Tough to crack, aren't they?" Came a soft and ghostly voice.

The older one turned around sighed. "Not as hard as some, Darkrai. What do you want? Your kind rarely leaves it's home in Dark Crater."

"We do sometimes." Answered Darkrai. "Like, if Arceus told us to....We would."

"Of course..." Curiosity gleamed in his eyes. "Well, then. I suppose your being here is more then just a walk?"

The Darkrai smiled. "Of course, Dominus Entei, of course it is." He turned around. "The Jewel of Arceus is in trouble. Send one of your strongest warriors to help her."
"
Alright." Said Entei briskly.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have to go tell one more..."
With that, he disappeared back into the shadows once more.

Entei sighed and said seemingly to himself. "Magma, did you hear all that?"

The young Entei came out of hiding. "Of course. When do I leave?"

"As soon as you are ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Use your Thunder ability!" A yellow tiger-like Pokemon called. It had black stripes, and it had a light blue 'mask', as well as a purple cloud-like form flowing from it's back. It was watching two younger of it's kind. "Don't let him beat you, Lightning!"

"Keep at it, Zap!" Shouted a female of his kind from across from him. She was shouting at the younger of the two battling. "Use the Bite technique!"

The two rammed into each other one more time, and then the older male shot a ThunderBolt in between them. "That's enough." He said.

Both of the younger Pokemon nodded. "Yes, Dominus Raikou." They said in a chorus, and then they ran off. The female walked up to him.

"Well, that went well."

His whisker's twitched. "Yes, it did." He looked up at the sky and sighed. "Rain before long."

The female smiled. "Hopefully it'll be a thunderstorm!" She bounced a little behind him.
Raikou sighed. "What am I going to do with you, Thundera?"

"Marry me off?" Suggested Thundera, her eyes glimmering with amusement.

"Don't give me any ideas." Said Raikou with a shake of his head. "Come. We need to talk of our training strategy."

Thundera shook her head with a sigh. "Again? Sheesh, you pump out more ideas then Zap and Lightning combined." She muttered.

Raikou just smiled and led her to a clearing a little ways away from the rest of the community. He paused and then sat down, getting ready to launch into a detailed explanation of a new idea, when a voice stopped him.
"
Just as regal as ever.......Eh, Raikou?"

Raikou knew who was speaking even before he turned. Only one Pokemon, besides his own
Thundera, did not call him by his formal name. Darkrai. He turned and looked. Sure enough, the Pokemon of darkness was behind him.

Darkrai grinned mischievously. "Nice to see you, too." He flew behind Raikou and around
Thundera. "I see that she has grown as much as you have."

Raikou sighed and turned back to face his daughter and Darkrai. "Yes, but what do you want? And don't try to fool me with the 'I just wanted to see you' line. Darkrai rarely venture from their home in Dark Crater."

Darkrai frowned. "Yes, I have a purpose." He flew past Raikou once more. "The jewel of Arceus is in trouble. Entei and Suicune have both been told. You must send someone to join their chosen." With that, Darkrai vanished into the shadows and left.

Raikou nodded. "Thundera, this one is yours."

Thundera smiled. "Ok. I'm ready to begin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheesh, it looked longer on Notepad.

Last edited:
prolouge spelling mistakes
The womand mustered her courage.
watched the Pokemon gather 'roudn why she played

chap 1

She had dark blue eyes and black hair. Not surprising as she wasn't Jewel's biological daughter

chap 3 preview
Being that this one had yet toinvolve, he guessed that she was a new trainer.
chap 3
the above chap 3 preview mistakeis repeated

chap4

and got ready to four an Air Slash.

She was battled a young male at the moment,

thats all i found keep it up thoe cuse out side those they are good

prolouge spelling mistakes
The womand mustered her courage.
watched the Pokemon gather 'roudn why she played

chap 1

She had dark blue eyes and black hair. Not surprising as she wasn't Jewel's biological daughter

chap 3 preview
Being that this one had yet toinvolve, he guessed that she was a new trainer.
chap 3
the above chap 3 preview mistakeis repeated

chap4

and got ready to four an Air Slash.

She was battled a young male at the moment,

thats all i found keep it up thoe cuse out side those they are good

Wow, oops. Their all fixed now. You'd think that I would find most of those, since I have spell check on....

Thank you for the error alert!

Okay, the next chapter will be delayed in coming because I have a bad habit of writing more then one story at once, and I am wrapped up in another at this point.

Hopefully I'll be able to get up the next chapter soon.

Okay, the next chapter will be delayed in coming because I have a bad habit of writing more then one story at once, and I am wrapped up in another at this point.

Hopefully I'll be able to get up the next chapter soon.

no porblem remember quality of quantity:thumb:

Back