Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jirachi and Drawing

blastoise1992

Ok, If you used Wishing Star Jirachis asleep, you end your turn and roll. It's tails. Your opponent goes and passes. You draw your card. Can you go back and roll? Shouldn't you? I've had 2 different rulings on this.

You are supposed to check for sleep, burn, etc between turns. But, YES, you should still be able to roll for sleep check after you draw a card to statr your turn. I equate it to this.....what if you forgot to roll for burn check, do you think your oppo. would just let you "pass" on that roll for your turn bc you didnt do it between the turns (which are the RULES btw :smile: ) If the judge didnt let you roll after you drew your card, I guess they also didnt make you place poison damage, desert ruins damage, etc (if forgotton after turn starts) and just gave you a pass on these also? :wink:

Keith

Can it easily be reversed?
Yes.
If so, reverse the situation, and apply a penalty if needed.

You might get a caution for forgetting to apply it, but it's a situation that can easily be resolved and should be resolved.

Exactly as the above posters say.

Also, what if you were playing Snorlax (or is it Rocket's Snorlax ex) where it is beneficial to you to "forget" to roll for sleep. Would they let that slide? I don't think so.

Mandatory actions have to be taken. It should not matter if it helps or hurts a player. It has to be done.

The only thing I can add to the above is that it is both players responsibility to ensure that mandatory actions take place. Don't be surprised if both players receive a caution.

Back