Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jirachi Ruling Question

h0bbesteroo

Alright, this might be a real simple answer....

If using Doom Desire -Discard all energy cards attached to Jirachi. The defending pokemon is knocked out at the end of your opponents next turn. If the defending pokemon retreats or uses warp point, does that pokemon loose the effect of Doom Desire?

Evolving, de-evolving, leveling up and benching all remove Jirachi's effect on the active poke.

Keith

That's a bummer... I figured that it would stay on the pokemon even if it was on the bench. That's cool though. It works well with Diagla lx since you can make your oppoenet not have a chance to retreat.

Look at it this way. Anything that has "the defending Pokemon" or "the opponent's active Pokemon" in it will replace that phrase with that Pokemon's name. If the active Pokemon's name changes after the effect takes place, the effect is no longer there because the named Pokemon is no longer the active Pokemon.

Just don't take a Sharpie to your cards to try and change their names. I'm pretty sure judges will give you the stink-eye.

easy way I can put this up.

make a circle on a piece of paper big enough to fit 2 pokemon in, as they were fighting.

All effects reside within that circle. If a Pokemon with an effect attached on it moves beyond the boundary of the circle, the effect drops off of it and it vanishes.

that clarify?

Back