Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jirachi...?

Invader-ZIM

What's with the sudden hype around Jirachi? Either one of 'em! I mean, sure they're good, but do we really need 'em, except for that fear of rock-lock? Would someone please fill me in, 'cause i'm having a not so easy time fitting them into my deck and not having them just sit there...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! ^_^

Well, ya got to understand that Jirachi is very good, it gets you set up faster, with HL, you get your evolves out quicker, and making the deck more consistant, say you wanted to get Pidgeot out early, HL Jirachi helps in the matter.
now the other Jirachi is for Cargo. Basically you get the card you put on top of your deck, making a quick search, or just get a good card if not using cargo, and its a basic so why not? Thats my input.

hl jarachi is used to beat rock lock. (obv)

it is a lot harder for rock lock to win if you have all your guys evolved with out using rare candy.

the DX is good for stalling. draw two cards a turn and then once he dies you can then use scramble to get a jump on them.

The HL one is pretty nice. I feel the DX one is pretty stupid. Get one card, and now it's asleep, meaning unless you flip heads alot, the card just sits up there and takes punishement.

I use the Hidden Legends one in quite a few decks (well, 1 of my 2 main tourney decks). I don't use it to counter any kind of rockage *resists temptation to elaborate", but rather to help with setting up. I find it more reliable than relying purely on drawing into evos or using search cards for them.

Since I can rely on Dunsparce most starts due to Swoops, Jirachi comes into play effectively turn 2 a lot of games with this deck and from there on in it can save a couple of otherwise possibly wasted turns. I find it to combo VERY neatly with Masterball. So I tend to use Masterball over Celio when using Jirachi, because it can be used in the same turn as a draw card.

To be honest, with Jirachi HL around, stay if it does, I will be confident playing Stage 2s without Candy next season..... if it comes to that. Jirachi is cute, as well :p

Oh, and....
*next poster in this topic is a FISH*

i use jirachi in almost all my decks! I dont know how it got so popular all of a sudden =/?
Both are very good for getting setup faster but i prefer the DX one. I seem to get mroe use out of that one.

dunsparce+swoop+jirachi=good

Last edited:
yes, with jirachi, it works well with dunsparce and swoop

but some people, like me, think jirachi is a tad overrated and a tad overused

I <3 DX jirachi. I use him in Rock, Sith and Ludicargo. the other one is retarded cause u gotta draw that swoop and another nrg. and I play like 11 "sparceable" nrgs in both rock and ludi? also, it pwns w/ cargo cause its a QS before u get set up. :X

I like the Hidden Legends one a lot. It helps against Rocklock and it usually ensures at least a turn 3 Pidgeot. The Deoxys one, on the other hand, is not exactly what I would ever use. It is still good because it allows for setup help without the use of energies, however, I don't like how you have to rely on one of your top 5 cards being useful, and of course, flipping heads.

I used to use it in my Gardy ex deck, but I don't really need it becaus of the good draw engine and Wynaut. Just my feelings.

Jirachi, either one can be a nice 3rd choice for a first turn SARS. The HL one lets you evolve quickly (yes you dont get 20 damage from dark ampharos) and the other one can be useful if you dont have enough good stuff in your hand.

Here's a strategy for the MvA one - use Jirachi as the main attacker. It works great in unlimited with Oran Berry.

-Dom

The DX one isn't bad with Island Cave(that's it's name, right? I forget :redface: ). With 2 NRGs already on it, use the power, attatch another NRG(getting rid of sleep), and attack. Plus, no sleep to worry about next turn for the power. Great way to get NRGs in the discard for DX Metagross, cuz once Jirachi's KO'd, that's where they're goin'...

Wow, charking, that's pretty smart. *steals strategy for personal amusement* hahahahaha! I like the DX one with dunsparce. You can start getting that pidgeot out double time.

charking said:
The DX one isn't bad with Island Cave(that's it's name, right? I forget :redface: ). With 2 NRGs already on it, use the power, attatch another NRG(getting rid of sleep), and attack. Plus, no sleep to worry about next turn for the power. Great way to get NRGs in the discard for DX Metagross, cuz once Jirachi's KO'd, that's where they're goin'...

Jirachi DX [/HL] only work if you DON'T need to sars for 3 specific pokemon. that doesn't apply to metagross; usually. ;x

Back