Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

just a couple ruling questions

Pattheduke

Hey everybody, this is my first post and I first just wanted to say that I've recently jumped back into the vast world of pokemon cards. I previously was an avid collector in my younger years and posses many cards from the base 2, jungle, and fossil series. Knowing that most of these cards are now obsolete I picked up 2 starter decks and have been playing with my younger sister and girlfriend. Through playing I've come op with a couple questions that'll probably be no brainers for experienced players but I'm still a newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated.

first question: double colorless energy

so I understand that this card is not a basic energy card but I have questions on the technicality of that statement. Does it count as my one energy played per turn? does it stay on my pokemon even after the turn is over?

second question: lv X cards

Although I don't posses any yet Ive done some research about these cards that sparked a few questions.
I read that these cards act like stage 3 pokemon going on top of a stage 2 pokemon making it more powerful, but does a lv X card count as an evolution card as well? meaning I can fetch it from my deck with a pokeball or other types of cards?

third and last question: reprints

I've noticed that many of my old cards have been reprinted into new, prettier, and usually more powerful cards. One in particular is the "Bill" trainer/supporter card. bill in the base 2 set is a trainer, but in later sets has changed to a supporter. Does that mean if I use my old bills in a deck are they to be treated like a trainer or a supporter card? and along the lines of this are there any old cards that are unable to be used anymore in official play?

Attaching a Double Colorless Energy (DCE) to one of your Pokémon uses up your "one free energy attachment from your hand". You may attach 1 energy card, whether it is a Basic energy card or Special energy card, from you hand to one of your Pokémon.

It stays attached. There is no text that states to Discard it at the end of your turn.

You may get a Level X card if the effect you are using states "Pokémon card" or "Basic or Evolution Card". If the effect states "Basic Pokémon" like Roseanne's Research or "Evolution Card" like Professor Elm's Training Method, then you many not get it. They are Level X cards, not Basic and not Evolution cards.

There is a reprint rule that you use the latest printing of a card. So Bill is played as a Supporter now (or not played as the case maybe). The original Fossil card was banned for awhile when the 50 HP one came out to lessen confusion. Check the Modified Format list http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41415 for cards that have been reprinted and are legal.

Back