Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Just a few(4) cities reports

ChaosKnuckles

I was bored so I decided to write a report for my cities. Please forgive me for a lack of detail, these cities happened a week or two ago. BTW I'm from the Nashville area, Go Team Awesome.

Atens, Alabama

I came down with a bunch of Nashville players to play at Athens and Birmingham before going back up to Nashville's cities. I decided to play my new Kingdra list, Techdra. There are about 14 people in seniors, just under the amount to have a top 4

Round 1(Girl(I ask if okay to diplay name) that came down with us):
She was playing Slow GG aka Weavile/Gardy/Gallade. I think I got a fast Kingdra and just swept. She later found out she wasn't playing any Fighting energy. 1-0

Round 2:
He was playing Raichu. He started with some basic that had 50 HP, me baltoy. I think he mulid once too. I go second and use every card in my hand to get the donk. I still got the donk, even with a Baltoy start. Highlight of the day. 2-0

Lunch break!! Almost whole tennesse group(including me) goes to this corner hot dog trailer like thing. I think it was the most business they have ever had.

Round 3:
He was playing some really weird Kingdra with Lanturn:lightning. He got a better start than me and on a Key double poke drawer I made a big misplay, a few turns later I scoped seeing no way to take down his 3 Kingdras. THat misplay really ate at me thte rest of the weekend, if I didn't make I could have made a game of it. GG. 2-1

With that loss on me I have no way of making top cut. Talk to Delirium and Amt, make Team Awesome and move on.

Round 4:
I think I was pared down. This kid was playing some funky fire deck. I got a bad start, but once kingdra came it was game over. THe funny thing is he spent 4 turns charging up a SF Charizard, just to do a 100 to Kingdra. GG. 3-1

I got 4th, but there was only a top 2 cut. I opened my 4 SF packs, and got 2 Obamas. Then made the desicision that I was going to play Obama tomorrow. I talked to all the people playing Obama, and got some ideas.

Birmingham,Alabama

I so I decided on using the Obama/Gengar idea that one of the people I talked to was playing. Mine had 3 Obamas, 3 Gengars, and a Alakazam for Gigas. Once again just under 16 seniors.

Round 1(Same Girl(I ask if okay to diplay name) that came down with us):
This time she was playing Ttar. She aparently didn't read the cards before playing them, she could have wrecked havic with her Sableye, but didn't. After a few turns of Snow Play, I won. GG.
1-0

Round 2(Taylor):
Every one was scared of her GIgas, including me. It looks like we both got good starts, I think. I focus on stoping the sac with zam and manage to kill 2 Gigases. But misplay with Gengar did Poltergeist instead of Shawdow room on her Uxie Lv.X. After see just used Palkis to get her final prizes. GG
1-1

Crap how am I going to top with this..... unless something funky happens.

Round 3(Evan):
He's not playing Gatr today, he's playing Infernape. Let's just say an early zam and some tails with Infernape SF got me the win. GG.
2-1

Theres still a chance for me to top, a small chance. We were the last group to leace for lunch break. We went to DQ, ther was only 2 people working there. We got back late, but since we weren't the only ones theywaired for us to return. Thank you for being late clay.

Round 4:
This kid was playing Raichu. He spent the whole game getting every energy from his deck into his hand, then could never get Chu Lv.X. Snow Play ate him alive.
3-1

So heres the weird thing there is only 1 4-0 and thats Taylor, so I still have a chance.

Round 5:
I was paired all the way down to a juinior:eek:. He was playing Dusknoir. I had no clue what to do. Attached my only G to Claydol, what a mistake. I drew dead with Claydol like 7 turns in a row. I lost. GG.
3-2

Heres the funky part the other 3-1, evan, lost too. So there were no 4-1s. But, since I faced two undefeated players, my resistance was like 80%. So long story short I made top 2. So I pretty much knew I was going to lose, but I was happy I get like 10 packs or whatever second place gets.

Top 2(Taylor):
Yay I get face Gigas.

Game 1: She got a terrible start, but I couldn't capitalize on it because my start was bad too. About halfway through the game I figure out how to beat Gigas. Snipe a couple Pixies with Gengar, then bring up Obama and snow play. But unfortunatly she was to far ahead in prizes for me to come back, this game.

Game 2: So I get a good start to her below average one. Use the way I figured out last game to beat her.

Game 3: So we have 10 min to finish this game. I get a really good start while she had a pretty bad start. Time is called right on my fainting spell flip. It landed on an angle against my discard pile, wildest thing that ever happened to me. It didn't mater though because next turn I just brang up my Obama and snow played her weakened pixie for the game. GG.

Well I won with a deck that I made the morning of the tourney. Got to say luck was on my side that day.

Will write the reports for Nashville and memphis later.

Last edited:
Team Awesome is... awesome. :O

Congrats on the Birmingham win. :thumb:

I'm still waiting for you to post the other two reports so get on it. >:]

Back