Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

kab and emp deck good bad???

glaceon_master

would kab and emp be good in a deck?? and iwas thinking about puttign in omynite but idk if all this would do very well any suggestions on it?? i tore apart my mag deck to try this one out lol

Last edited:
Apart from Kabutops being able to do a limited spread, there isn't much synergy between it and Empoleon. Certainly not enough to make up for the fact that it is a Stage 2 Fossil with conflicting Energy requirements (FFC).

Ampharos SW has almost the same attack for LCC, a useful body, and is easier to get out in a deck that isn't based around Fossils. Useful in an Empoleon mirror match too.

Mm, it's the conflicting energy requirements that are a problem.
If energy weren't such a problem, and if Kabutops didn't mind the fact that Prinplup takes away from the most important time for it (early game), then it... ALMOST could work.

Of course, since Kabutops has to be Active as soon as possible, you want to pair it with... Basically a bench sitter. Hence why Ampharos seems like a much better partner [del]though the deck fails to work for me. Just a bit frustrating that Ampharos comes REALLY slowly in my games and energy even slower[/del]

Yep, I've had the same problem using Ampharos as a bench-sitter. By the time it comes out, the opponent is already set up and is either Telepassing, using Claydol as the draw engine, or both.

Seeing as everyone seems to be building Empoleon decks at the moment, I am wondering if it will come into it's own as an anti-Water tech. It's fairly splashable and the attack is decent.

Back