Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kanto 2nd Stage Starter LV.Xs

Nintendan

Venusaur LV.X HP160
LEVEL-UP Put onto Venusaur

:pbody: Overgrow
If Venusaur's remaining HP is 50 or less, Vensaur's attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

:grass::colorless: Vine Whip 50

:grass::grass::colorless: Grass Pledge 60
If you have Charizard LV.X in play, search your deck for a Stadium card named Burning Field and put it in play as a Stadium card. If you have Blastoise LV.X in play, search your deck for a Stadium card named Green Swamp and put in in play as a Stadium card. You can't play more than 1 Stadium card in this way.

weakness :fire:x2
resistance :water:-20
retreat cost :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Charizard LV.X HP150
LEVEL-UP Put onto Charizard

:pbody: Blaze
If Charizard's remaining HP is 50 or less, Charizard's attacks do 40 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

:fire::colorless: Fire Tail 50

:fire::fire::colorless: Fire Pledge 60
If you have Venusaur LV.X in play, search your deck for a Stadium card named Burning Field and put it in play as a Stadium card. If you have Blastoise LV.X in play, search your deck for a Stadium card named Lucky Rainbow and put in in play as a Stadium card. You can't play more than 1 Stadium card in this way.

weakness :water:x2
resistance :fighting:-20
retreat cost :colorless::colorless:

Blastoise LV.X HP150
LEVEL-UP Put onto Blastoise

:pbody: Torrent
If Blastoise's remaining HP is 50 or less, Blastoise's attacks do 40 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

:water::colorless: Surf 50

:water::water::colorless: Water Pledge 60
If you have Venusaur LV.X in play, search your deck for a Stadium card named Green Swamp and put it in play as a Stadium card. If you have Charizard LV.X in play, search your deck for a Stadium card named Lucky Rainbow and put in in play as a Stadium card. You can't play more than 1 Stadium card in this way.

weakness :grass:x2
resistance
retreat cost :colorless::colorless:

And now for the Stadiums...

STADIUM / Stadium
Burning Field
*Stadium rules*
In between turns, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Active Pokémon. Ignore this effect for the owner of this card.
At the end of your turn, put 1 damage counter on Burning Field. When Burning Field has 10 or more damage counters on it, discard Burning Field.

STADIUM / Stadium
Green Swamp
*Stadium rules*
Your opponent pays 2 more :colorless::colorless: to retreat their Active Pokémon.
Ignore this effect for the owner of this card.
At the end of your turn, put 1 damage counter on Green Swamp. When Green Swamp has 10 or more damage counters on it, discard Green Swamp.

STADIUM / Stadium
Lucky Rainbow
*Stadium rules*
Whenever the owner of this card flips a coin as part of an attack, after flipping that coin, that player may choose to ignore that result and flip the coin again. You can't flip a coin more than 1 time each turn in this way. At the end of your turn, put 1 damage counter on Lucky Rainbow. When Lucky Rainbow has 10 or more damage counters on it, discard Lucky Rainbow.

As many may have noticed, these cards are based of the Pledge trio of moves. What do you people think of these?

Last edited:
As the stadiums are written, you'd be palcing damage counters on yourself, too. Perhaps put it into play not as a stadium, but something else? Or add text having you ignore it if you have an active starter lv x.

Ehh, tbh the pokemon themselves are bad, but green swamp is pretty good, and lucky fied could work. Would Lucky field work if I impersonating initiatie though?
Sableye reads, "Use the effect of that card as the effect of thi attack" so I would think so?

As the stadiums are written, you'd be palcing damage counters on yourself, too. Perhaps put it into play not as a stadium, but something else? Or add text having you ignore it if you have an active starter lv x.
Where does it say you'd be placing damage counters on yourself? I can't find it...

Ehh, tbh the pokemon themselves are bad, but green swamp is pretty good, and lucky fied could work. Would Lucky field work if I impersonating initiatie though?
Sableye reads, "Use the effect of that card as the effect of thi attack" so I would think so?
Yes. The effect of the card is an effect of Impersonate, so can re-flip 1 coin with Initiative.

1 sided Stadiums? Last time I checked, all stadiums affected both players! Also, Blastoise's 2nd attack's name is boring. Water?

I like the Stadiums, but the Pledges are impossible to get out, seeing as you'd have to get out 2 Stage 2 Level X's. But the cards aren't unrealistic :lol:

I still don't like the idea of Stadiums being one sided.

And this is how I'd do The Pledges.

Grass Pledge 50
If Grass Pledge is used after Water Pledge by a teammate, a swamp is created that lowers the opponents' speed.

If Fire Pledge is used after Grass Pledge by a teammate, a field of fire is created that damages opponents each turn.

An idea should be worked around these.

Fire Pledge 50

If Fire Pledge is used after Grass Pledge by a teammate, a field of fire is created that damages opponents each turn.

If Water Pledge is used after Fire Pledge by a teammate, a rainbow will appear that increases the chance of added effects appearing.

An idea should be worked around these

Water Pledge 50

If Water Pledge is used after Fire Pledge by a teammate, a rainbow will appear that increases the chance of added effects appearing.

If Grass Pledge is used after Water Pledge by a teammate, a swamp is created that lowers the opponents' speed.

An idea should be worked around these

Please. That was a body. It wasn't a real Stadium.

That's like saying Unown Q isn't a real tool. And yet, anything that affects tools in play affects... well.... Unonwn Q. Just like anything that affects Stadiums in play affects... well... Dusknoir... Not sure how that ISN'T a Stadium. When is a Stadium not a Stadium? When someone wants to look smart in CAC....

You may have to limit that stadiums in that they can only come into play via these attacks though.

That's like saying Unown Q isn't a real tool. And yet, anything that affects tools in play affects... well.... Unonwn Q. Just like anything that affects Stadiums in play affects... well... Dusknoir... Not sure how that ISN'T a Stadium. When is a Stadium not a Stadium? When someone wants to look smart in CAC....

Actually, for once, I think Arceus is right. The way I read the card, Dusknoir has no effect as a Stadium card - the body, however, specifies that another effect DOES come into play while Dusknoir itself is in play.

A stadium has no way to differentiate between the players, but the Poke-Body does.

Dusknoir will count as your Stadium in play for Skuntank G.

Dusknoir can be affected by Staraptors Defog.

Dusknoir could be hit by Windstorm.

I don't see how, regardless of how it came into play, it ISN'T a Stadium.

Just because a card HASN'T done something yet, doesn't mean it CAN'T.

Well after this Summer, Unown Q and Dusknoir LV. X will be phased. Unown G's already been phased. After this summer, it's gonna be HGSS and on.

Well after this Summer, Unown Q and Dusknoir LV. X will be phased. Unown G's already been phased. After this summer, it's gonna be HGSS and on.

And even if that's true, what does that have to do with anything here? Even if, for some reason, once an idea got rotated, it could never come back (Because of course, since Gardevoir got rotated, we can never get Psychic Lock back, right?), who cares in CAC? There are still people making EX's from time to time.

Dusknoir will count as your Stadium in play for Skuntank G.

Dusknoir can be affected by Staraptors Defog.

Dusknoir could be hit by Windstorm.

I don't see how, regardless of how it came into play, it ISN'T a Stadium.

Just because a card HASN'T done something yet, doesn't mean it CAN'T.

I don't think you're getting the point.

Dusknoir goes into play as a Stadium.
Then, once it's a Stadium, the REST of the Poke-Body takes effect.
But as a Stadium card it has no effect. Other than being a Stadium card.

Back