Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Keldeo/Charizard-EX/Pyroar Deck - NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP Pokemon

Alright guys, this is the deck I have been trying to work with and see how I could improve it. I'm new to the actual TCG part of Pokemon TCG but I at least know the basics. Any and all help is wanted to help me improve!!!

This might be horrifying to experienced players but here ya go!

Pokemon - 12

4 Litleo (70 HP)
3 Pyroar
3 Keldeo EX
2 Charizard EX (Combustion)

Trainers - 25

4 Professor's Letters
3 Pokemon Fan Club
4 Muscle Band
3 Blacksmith
3 Evosoda
3 Lysandre
2 Fiery Torch
3 Pokemon Center Lady

Energy - 23

3 Double Colorless
9 Water Energy
11 Fire Energy

LMK what I should do guys! Any help is needed! :D

Just so you know I'm going to assume this list is for the Boundaries Crossed-on format

Your Pokemon line is fine, except I would switch 1 Keldeo out for another Pyroar. The real problem I have with this list is the fact that it has too much Energy and almost no draw support, so you're going to need to find room for some Supporters/draw cards.

I don't know what Keldeo-EX's Secret Sword attack does for the deck, so I would remove all of the Water Energy. However, Keldeo's Ability can form an infinite switching engine with a Float Stone attached, and switching is good with Pyroar because it gets around Special Conditions (like Poison and Sleep from Hypnotoxic Laser).

In order take full advantage with Pyroar, you're going to want to use effects that switch your opponent's Active Pokemon (this way you can KO Benched Basics before they evolve and are able to damage Pyroar), like Lysandre (which you have 3 of). However, they're will be turns where you will want to play Blacksmith or a Supporter that draws you cards (like Professor Juniper and N), so I would fit 2-4 Pokemon Catcher to go alongside your Lysandres. Since you're going to be using Lysandre and Blacksmith a lot, you probably would want some Item draw cards (like Roller Skates, Bicycle, or more Fiery Torch) to make up for the lack of use of draw Supporters.

Suggested Changes:
-9 Water Energy
-1 Keldeo-EX
-3 Professor's Letter (You'll almost never want more than 1 in a deck that can't attach more than 1 Energy from your hand each turn)
-3 Fire Energy (8 is enough, especially with Blacksmith being able to recover them)
-3 (It can't get Charizard, Litleo, and Keldeo, so I would replace them with Ultra Ball)
-3 Pokemon Center Lady (There will rarely be a turn where healing 60 is better than Energy Acceleration from Blacksmith, KOing important threats with Lysandre, or drawing cards with Professor Juniper)
-3 Pokemon Fan Club (Ultra Ball is generally more useful)
-1 Muscle Band (4 is nice, but you need space)

+1 Pyroar
+1 Double Colorless (You're 2 attackes have 2 Colorless in each of their attack costs, so it is ideal to max out on these)
+3 Float Stone
+1 Switch (Just in case of Garbotoxin)
+4 Professor Juniper (7 new cards is too good to give up in any deck)
+2 N (More good draw)
+2 Fiery Torch
+4 Roller Skates
+3 Pokemon Catcher
+1 Pal Pad (Recovering your few draw Supporters, Lysandre, and Blacksmith is good)
+1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine (Ace Specs are too good not to run)
+4 Ultra Ball

I hope this post helps, but I should note that even with these changes applied this deck has a near-autoloss to decks based around the Seismitoad-EX in the upcoming Furious Fists set.

WOW. Thanks for the advice. This is exactly why I posted this because I'm a very big "noob" haha. Everything you said makes perfect sense, I just needed someone to point it out! And ya, Seismitoad EX will destroy, but I usually just play with friends and family.

So again, thanks for the input and hopefully I use this to my advantage!!!

P.S. Would you suggest the use of Skyla's???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back