Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kid with glasses needs help to build a deck

The Burkanator

I was wondering if anyone could give me a couple ideas of what cards to add in my deck. I like psychic and fire type. But I am just confused on what to put in my deck. If you have any answers please reply.=] Thanks.

This is gonna get locked.

Good psychic types are bannette, duskqueen.
Fire types are infernape, and magmortar.

moving to strategy.
Deck forum requires that you post a complete deck.

I suggest you look at the decks that are being posted for ideas.

Wood811 gives you some good starting points.

I have a kid with glasses at my league that also needs help building a deck, how ironycal.

For psychic you should try out Nidoqueen DP2 and Dusknoir DP1, they work good together.
For fire, Magmortar DP2 is great. Check out the deck articles on the front page.

Flygon ex δ is the best psychic Pokemon in modified. It has incredible HP. No weakness. Good synergy with the other Flygon d. And best of all crazy high damage output through spread and to the defending Pokemon. The thing is a certified proven A-1 Beast. Fire doesn't currently have any TRUE beasts as far as I am concerned.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a couple ideas of what cards to add in my deck. I like psychic and fire type. But I am just confused on what to put in my deck. If you have any answers please reply.=] Thanks.

It might be best if you just posted what your deck looks like now. That way folks could give suggestions based on that.

In general DP3, Secret Wonders, has some nice Psychic & Fire types. Banette, Gardevoir, Magmortar, and such all look interesting. Infernape, Typhlosion, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Dusknoir, and Gengar have appeared in recent sets too and can all be used in decks of different sorts.

It might be best if you just posted what your deck looks like now. That way folks could give suggestions based on that.

In general DP3, Secret Wonders, has some nice Psychic & Fire types. Banette, Gardevoir, Magmortar, and such all look interesting. Infernape, Typhlosion, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Dusknoir, and Gengar have appeared in recent sets too and can all be used in decks of different sorts.

Also, couldn't hurt to say what other Fire and Psychic, even Trainer cards you have, just so anyone helping can see your resources with what to switch out with.

TO ALL:

A little more decorum should be expected as we all have had help with the building of our first deck. And whereas I agree in theory to using a crutch being a bad thing, at times it is best to turn the other cheek. The negative words could be just as easily spent on suggesting the individual find a Pokemon Type they prefer and go from there.

To The Burkanator. Please edit your Topic Heading so as to be more considerate of others that come across our Great Forums. It could ( as you read) create tension that is unnecessary with a mildly suppressing comment. I might recommend the Starter Decks for newcomers with minimal knowledge base for the game so that they can acquire a Rule Book for fundamental basics of our game. You can by several of them which will give you a great start at building a competitive deck. Empoleon is a favorite as it is a straight forward deck and you can also purchase the Empoleon Lv. X Tin to give an even added boost to the deck. From that point, it is best to Build a collection of cards and possibly create a Trade Topic in the appropriate Forum to again collect more items to build some style of deck desired.

Good Luck and Welcome to our Game!!

~Professor Fish~

The original poster is asking for help with his fire and psychic deck. Could he provide more information? Sure, but this thread shouldn't be closed for any reasons.

If you take offense in this use of "kid with glasses", it isn't the original poster's fault. I can't speak for the original poster, but I feel confident that his use of those words were not intended to criticize people with glasses or use it as a crutch.

Start helping the person or be quiet. I am going to delete all the spam now. If people want to discuss people's feelings on the relationship between glasses and intelligence, please make a topic in the random topic section.

Back