Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingdra for CC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm going to run my all-time favorite Kingdra build at CC's. I need all the help I can get!

4-3-4 Kingdra LA
3-3 Claydol GE
2 Uxie LA
2 Crobat G PL
2 Unown G GE

4 Roseanne's Research SW
4 Bebe's Search RR
4 Super Scoop Up MD
4 Rare Candy GE
3 Broken Time Space PL
3 Warp Point MD
3 Expert Belt A
3 Poketurn PL
2 Luxury Ball SF
1 Palmer's Contribution SV

6 Water Energy

Kingdra is the main line. Get it out ASAP and swarm and Dragon Pump away any unneded cards. Claydol and Uxie is the draw. Crobat G is for extra damage here and there. Unown G is Claydol protection from Gengar and inviting Trap protection from Flytrap. Nidoqueen is the tech to make Kingdra an unstoppable tank. Roseanne's is to get basics and energy you need. Bebe's is the search engine. SSU is to recover a damaged pokemon on the verge of KO. Rare Candy for speedy evolution. Broken Time Space is like another candy, it speeds up evolution. Warp Point is another counter for Flytrap and for disruption. Expert Belts are to beef up Kingdra and make it a killing machine. Poketurn is for Bat reuse. 2 Luxury Ball is to use 1 and discard the other. NM and Palmer's are for pokemon recovery.

Last edited:
Our lists are almost identical, but I run one less WP, Luxury Ball, Crobat G and Uxie in exchange for +2 Water and +1 Multi as well as something else I forgot.

It works pretty well, good luck!

6 energy is ok, but I would beef that up if you want to run Nidoqueen. The only main issue with that deck is that you run 2-2 Claydol and no Cynthias? You need to either add two Cynthias, or have a 3-3 line. You don't need a NM and Palmers, one is fine. You can maybe drop a belt also.

I've also found Uxie lv. X to be like a second Claydol, that you can use on the same turn as Claydol with Broken Time-Space. :)

Last edited:
^Exactly. It's works very well and has been very consistent.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

6 energy is ok, but I would beef that up if you want to run Nidoqueen. The only main issue with that deck is that you run 2-2 Claydol and no Cynthias? You need to either add two Cynthias, or have a 3-3 line. You don't need a NM and Palmers, one is fine. You can maybe drop a belt also.
No, 3 belts are all too necessary. Cynthia's isn't super good in all actuality, I've tried it and I often Pump them away. 2-2 Claydol is perfect, 3-3 is overkill.

I've tried 5 energy in this, and it does well, but 6 is the perfect number.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Looks fine the way it is to me.Maybe take out the Palmer's for 1 more Night Maintenance.

1 NM and 1 Palmer's is better because sometimes, you'll want a Kingdra line and 2 other things.

Last edited:
3-3 isn't overkill, its been a key part in alot of the better Kingdra lists for a while now. 2-2 is a medicore choice imo. Kingdra has a heavy reliance on Claydol, you run no Azelf incase one part is prized. Luxray and Garchomp as well as Power Spray will have a field day taking those out. It can be like an Uxie early game anyway with BTS and SSU. Anyway, you don't need NM and Palmers - either is fine.

Eh, 3-3 is too much IMO. I would never want more than 2 Claydols on my bench... Claydol + Claydol + Kingdra + Uxie + Nidoqueen = 5 Pokemon, limiting Crobat G, Unown G, more Kingdra, etc. Finding a Claydol is also never really a problem, and I've found that Azelf can become a Bench Sitter. It's also useless if you have terrible cards in your Prizes.

With 6 energy and 4 roseanne's, there's a good chance you'll draw into the necessary nrg.

And nnaann, what would you take out for another 1-1 line of Dol??? I'd like to know, as stating facts like that without what I should take out is unhelpful.

I run only 2 BTS since half the time my opponent is using one. I am not sure you need a fourth Bebe's; I am always discarding them with Aqua Pump! Also, remember that you cannot have Unown G and Expert Belt on the same Pokemon, so perhaps choose one since it is searchable, though I prefer two.

Hope this helps!

I guess, and my metagame doesn't have a whole lot of Gengar and a bit of Gon, but I only need 1 Claydol in play for consistent draw, but 2 is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back