Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingdra Prime: Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter

Here's an updated list. I added in a few things and took out a lot.

Pokemon: 20
2x Baltoy, GE
2x Claydol, GE
2x Crobat G
4x Horsea, LA
2x Kingdra, LA
2x Kingdra Prime
2x Relicanth, SV
2x Seadra, UL
2x Uxie, LA

T/S/S/E: 30
3x Bebe's Search
3x Broken Time-Space
2x Cynthia's Feelings
3x Expert Belt
1x Luxury Ball
2x Night Maintenance
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Professor Oak's New Theory
4x Rare Candy
4x Roseanne's Research
4x Super Scoop Up

Energy: 10
2x Fighting Energy
8x Water Energy

Strategy:
This is a pretty simple strategy. I get out as many Kingdra as possible and beat stuff up while spreading damage.

I updated the list to hopefully make it more competitive. I dropped the Promocroak/Energy Gain's and replaced it with two Relicanth. The reason I'm running two is because if one is prized/KO'd, I have a backup. Not to mention that Relicanth is more than likely to be KO'd after the turn I attacked. This allows me to come back with another without doing too much scrambling through my deck/discard.

I also added in some hand refreshments/recovery. I think this is very important, especially in a Stage 2 deck. If one of my Kingdra gets KO'd, I'd have to hopefully draw in to another Horse/Kingdra/Rare Candy to recover. PONT and Cynthia's helps me here.

Any other suggestions/comments? I'd really like to make this deck as strong as possible; I'm tired of using trash decks at tournaments and walking out with a 3-3+ streak. =/

Last edited:
I updated the list based on comments from another forum. I feel as if this is more consistent than my previous list; let me know what you think.

looks good Just wondering how fast you can get it set up. looks a lot like the old Kingdra deck in the way of play.

Well, since it's pretty much a Kingdra deck with everything in the deck supporting Kingdra, it sets up pretty fast. Of course I do have bad hands/draws that set me back, but generally speaking, a deck like this that is built to focus on one Pokemon sets up relatively fast/easy.

I would just swarm Kindra with the power that does free 10 damage each turn. Run it with memory berry and you will be fine.

Run LA Seadra. +1 bat +4 Turns +1 Lux Ball -2 Oak's New Theory -2 Cynthia's -2 Night Maintenance +1 Palmer's -1 Water Energy +1 Pokemon Communication. ;)

Instead of running Crobats, just run 4 Pokemon Reversal to gust up Luxray before Luxray becomes the Lv. X

2- Relicanth
2- Fighting
3- Water
4+ Pokemon Reversal
1+ Multi Energy
2+ Luxury Ball
2- Crobat G
1+ Baltoy
1+ Claydol
2+ PONT
2+ Pokemon Collector

Other than that, your list looks fine to me. Trust me, you don't need Crobat when you have Kingdra Prime out do Crobat's job. Your deck is better off to be to multi-task now that Kingdra Prime has Crobat's Poke-Power, and now you have room to play Pokemon Reversals on their key attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back