Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Klinklang cant touch us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazandoring

Hello guys i have another Deck for you guys to help me with.This time its Klinklang from Plasma Storm as the main focus of the deck.The idea of this deck to to get Klinklangs out as fast as you can and shut down and hopes of your opponent doing damage to you,with the tanks that you have you can do and take damage then just heal everything off.

The List:
Pokemon:16
4 Klink (DEX)
Reason is that this thing helps you get Klinklangs on the board as fast as you can.the 3 retreat one because of its easy access to heavy ball.
1 Klang(DEX) Same as Klink but this is just so your not FULLY relaying on rare candy and the fact that you can fall back on this thing
2 Klinklang(Moving)This is good in this deck because i can search it out with heavy ball and i can move around energies to heal and to retreat if i ever need to
2 Klinklang(Plasma protection)This is the driving force of the deck without it it would be impossible to make the deck.you protect every steel type in this deck.3 retreat allows me to get it with heavy ball.
2 Registeel Ex thing does snipe stuff after 3 turns you do 270 damage to everything and with its odd weakness and great resistance to psychic i can tank a lot and max potion
2 Cobablion Ex This thing is a "bullet" nothing stops it it does through Sigilyph and boufflant as well as the mirror match.
1 Terrakion Ex this is just so i can have a good Darkrai match-up and have multiple energy attachments in a turn because of the high energy cost of everything.
1 Cobalion (NVI)this is just a 1 prize KO anything card.its good vs any Ex and card out there because of its iron breaker attack
1 Darkrai EX
Free retreat
Supporters:12
4 Juniper
Staple 4 because best draw support
4 N
Staple disruption to your opponent
2 Colress
great suffle it limits your opponent to play less pokemon on the bench and your almost all the time having 5 benched because 2 klinks 1 registeel 1 cobalion and a Klink waiting
2 Skyla
Search out your trainers that are needed in this deck like Rare Candy,Plasma Badge and Plasma Frigate
Trainers/Stadiums: 21
4 Rare Candy
You need 4 for Klinklang
4 Heavy Ball
Needed to get Klinklangs and others out.you get everything but Cobalions which is good
3 Max potion
Just to make your pokemon alittle harder to KO
4 Pokemon Catcher
Staple i need this (kinda which is why only 3)
2 Random Receiver
i only need 2 its to help with consistantsy
1 tool scapper
tool scapper for garbador matchup
2 switch
its so your high retreats are not ther if you dont want them there
Energy:12
8 :metal:- need a lot for the attackers
4 Prism - Terrakion Ex and Darkrai

Translations:
Cobalion-EX – :metal: – HP180
Basic Pokemon

:metal: Holy Edge: 30 damage. Choose 1 Special Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon and discard it.
:metal::metal::colorless: Steel Bullet: 100 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: :fire:(x2)
Resistance: :psychic: (-20)
Retreat: 2

Klinklang – :metal: – HP140
Stage 2 (Team Plasma) – Evolves from Klang

Ability: Plasma Steel
Prevent all damage done to your Metal Pokemon by attacks from your opponent’s Pokemon-EX.

:metal::metal::colorless: Heavy Bullet: 70 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Weakness: :fire:(x2)
Resistance: :psychic:(-20)
Retreat: 3

Colress – Trainer
Supporter (Team Plasma)

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw an amount of cards up to the number of Pokemon on both your and your opponent’s Bench.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
Thanks to Pokebeach for the translations

Conclusion:
i think this deck should do well in the coming future and i hope it does and with everything being so cheap i think im going to have to buy it

hope you rate
Rob :]

Last edited:
i like the idea behind the tech terrakion ex, but i think you would be better off playing 2 cobalion NV and staying strictly metal types. i also see a disturbing lack switch in this deck. as far as weakness i dont think that you need to worry about fire attackers, they aren't too big ATM, and plasma frigate donsent require the pokemon to be a plasma pokemon, but to have a plasma energy attached to it, i would drop that 3 card set for a 4th max potion, 4th catcher, and ether another cobalion NV, a tool scrapper, or another skyla.

as for the deck as a whole, i just beguan testing 3 different version of the deck, one with 2 registeel, one similar to this, and one that just runs plasma steel klinklang. i think this deck (being both klinklang) has potential to be a T1 deck with (as far as my testing) bad matchups against darkrai/terrakion/hammers, ho-oh with the right techs, and decks with multiple landy ex are ether really good or really really bad. anyway, good luck with your version!

Last edited:
i like the idea behind the tech terrakion ex, but i think you would be better off playing 2 cobalion NV and staying strictly metal types. i also see a disturbing lack switch in this deck. as far as weakness i dont think that you need to worry about fire attackers, they are too big ATM, and plasma frigate donsent require the pokemon to be a plasma pokemon, but to have a plasma energy attached to it, i would drop that 3 card set for a 4th max potion, 4th catcher, and ether another cobalion NV, a tool scrapper, or another skyla.

as for the deck as a whole, i just begun testing 3 different version of the deck, one with 2 registeel, one similar to this, and one that just runs plasma steel klinklang. i think this deck (being both klinklang) has potential to be a T1 deck with (as far as my testing) bad matchups against darkrai/terrakion/hammers, ho-oh with the right techs, and decks with multiple landy ex are ether really good or really really bad. anyway, good luck with your version!

Man thanks for the advice im going to do that but only going stick with Terrakion Ex but the other suggestions are probably going in this deck. i only have 3 max potion so i would put in 4th catcher 2nd cobalion NVI and probably a tool scapper

Man thanks for the advice im going to do that but only going stick with Terrakion Ex but the other suggestions are probably going in this deck. i only have 3 max potion so i would put in 4th catcher 2nd cobalion NVI and probably a tool scapper

i would try to get a 4th max potion and play that over tool scrapper, since this deck cant utilize free retreats or sableye like darkrai/hydregion can (i only comparable because they both ability energy switch) this deck needs to play 4 max potion. ive tested it with terrakion and terrakion ex and i think that the regular terrakion may be a better choice. for one, its only dropped when a darkrai ex OHKO will be attempted on that turn, along with both being 2HKO for most pokemon, the 50 hp difference isnt a big deal when compared to the prize difference. terrakion ex dose have pump up smash to potential attach 2 energy, but i dont find 2 extra energy around in my hand often enough. regular terrakion has retaliate to hit 90 for an energy less, and still OHKO darkrai ex, or just do 90 to something. really its a close call but i think that the one prize compaired to 2 prize means that terrakion is preferred over terrakion ex

EDIT: something that i didnt mention in my first comment that i should have, i like playing a 4-2-2/2 line for klinklang over 4-1-2/2. how i play the deck, i try to get the plasma steel klinklang out by T2, using rare candy, and then because i play 2 klang it is a lot easyer to have the shift gear klinklang out on T3 through manual evolution. playing with just the 1 klang and 4 candies as compared to 2 klang and 4 candies dose leave room for another trainer or something, but is not quite as consistent with getting out both klinklang quickly. on average for me with 2 klang i have both out by T3, with 1 klang i average it at T4. not a huge difference, but when you need to max potion early, or its a big basic deck with a powered up [insert big ex here] that one turn earlier plasma steel ability can be the difference in the match.

Last edited:
u dont play darkrai or switch catcher u waste all ur energy and u lose
whats OHKOS me ? nothing

---------- Post added 01/16/2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

i would try to get a 4th max potion and play that over tool scrapper, since this deck cant utilize free retreats or sableye like darkrai/hydregion can (i only comparable because they both ability energy switch) this deck needs to play 4 max potion. ive tested it with terrakion and terrakion ex and i think that the regular terrakion may be a better choice. for one, its only dropped when a darkrai ex OHKO will be attempted on that turn, along with both being 2HKO for most pokemon, the 50 hp difference isnt a big deal when compared to the prize difference. terrakion ex dose have pump up smash to potential attach 2 energy, but i dont find 2 extra energy around in my hand often enough. regular terrakion has retaliate to hit 90 for an energy less, and still OHKO darkrai ex, or just do 90 to something. really its a close call but i think that the one prize compaired to 2 prize means that terrakion is preferred over terrakion ex

EDIT: something that i didnt mention in my first comment that i should have, i like playing a 4-2-2/2 line for klinklang over 4-1-2/2. how i play the deck, i try to get the plasma steel klinklang out by T2, using rare candy, and then because i play 2 klang it is a lot easyer to have the shift gear klinklang out on T3 through manual evolution. playing with just the 1 klang and 4 candies as compared to 2 klang and 4 candies dose leave room for another trainer or something, but is not quite as consistent with getting out both klinklang quickly. on average for me with 2 klang i have both out by T3, with 1 klang i average it at T4. not a huge difference, but when you need to max potion early, or its a big basic deck with a powered up [insert big ex here] that one turn earlier plasma steel ability can be the difference in the match.
Yeah also terrakion ex over regular because dont have regular terrakion. i will try to get a 4th one when i got to my card dealer tomorrow to pre order 2 plasma storm boxes. i run 4-1-4 because klang is only a bridge from klink to klinklang which is easy to skip through RC but we have both heavy ball and skyla + 2 random receivers which IMO is good enough also if you get Klinklang using Rare candy and not with klang you still have it sitting in your deck but thats really why i dont play 2 klang

whats ohkos me ? Nothing

---------- post added 01/16/2013 at 08:47 pm ----------

yeah also terrakion ex over regular because dont have regular terrakion. I will try to get a 4th one when i got to my card dealer tomorrow to pre order 2 plasma storm boxes. I run 4-1-4 because klang is only a bridge from klink to klinklang which is easy to skip through rc but we have both heavy ball and skyla + 2 random receivers which imo is good enough also if you get klinklang using rare candy and not with klang you still have it sitting in your deck but thats really why i dont play 2 klang

u dont play switch or darkrai catcher u have to waste 4 energy to retreat each time or attack with klingklang

u dont play switch or darkrai catcher u have to waste 4 energy to retreat each time or attack with klingklang

well actually the klinklangs attacks are not bad so i dont really mind have them in the active. 1 isflip 2 coins for each heads do 80 damage
and the other is 70 + snipe for 20

This is such a great deck! There are a few good techs to add to this deck. One good tech is Keldeo as it's almost like a continuous switch. Another good tech might be Sableye so you can get your switches back with ease. I prefer the Sableye tech so here are the changes you should maybe make:

-4 Blend Energy
-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Juniper

+4 Prism Energy
+2 Sableye

I replaced the Blend Energy with Prism as it provides Darkness Energy and I doubt you'd ever attack with Klinklang. If you do choose the Keldeo tech over this all you have to do is:

-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Juniper

+2 Keldeo

The good thing about the Keldeo tech is that it could easily be the most powerful attacker in the deck if you've played 3 blend energy by the time you play it. Both are good techs and work well with this deck in their own ways and it's up to you to choose which one suites you more.

This is such a great deck! There are a few good techs to add to this deck. One good tech is Keldeo as it's almost like a continuous switch. Another good tech might be Sableye so you can get your switches back with ease. I prefer the Sableye tech so here are the changes you should maybe make:

-4 Blend Energy
-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Juniper

+4 Prism Energy
+2 Sableye

I replaced the Blend Energy with Prism as it provides Darkness Energy and I doubt you'd ever attack with Klinklang. If you do choose the Keldeo tech over this all you have to do is:

-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Juniper

+2 Keldeo

The good thing about the Keldeo tech is that it could easily be the most powerful attacker in the deck if you've played 3 blend energy by the time you play it. Both are good techs and work well with this deck in their own ways and it's up to you to choose which one suites you more.

i actually dint notice the lack of switch, you need to run 4 or base your deck around **** gear to utilize max potion. in short: play 4 switch. as to rcxd's comment, i dont think this deck should run anything other than metal types. with no energy accel the only way to win is to make it overly difficult for your opp to ko anything. now, seeing as most trainers played are maxed this next statement seems kind of strange. this deck is tight on space. the reason i think that is that the deck must run 4 switch, 4 max potion, 3-4 catcher, 3-4 heavy ball, 4 RC, a heavy stage 2 line, at least 10 energy(IMO), and several cobalion/ex. add in supporters and there isnt much room left for much, especially non metal pokemon.

specifically to sableye, i dont think that it works well here because it can be catchered and has no attacks worth anything besided JH, which dosent do dammage its a free ko in a deck that needs to make challenging kos if its to stand a chance. thats also why the deck runs 4 switch and 4 max, switch to another attacker by situation, shift gear energy off anf max potion. the deck has 8 cards that i think have no purpose other than to make KOs challenging af for your opp. also, the prism dosent work on klinklang, if hes catchered he cant attack.

on keldo, i think a similar way. that change grants your opp up to 4 prizes using their pkm ex, and without darkrai ex, you still need to play a switch to retreat him. in this deck he hits a max of 50.

What do you mean Keldeo GIVES your opponent up to 4 prizes? I bet you completely forgot that Keldeo is impossible to KO unless it's by an overpowered Keldeo and even if it is damaged, you can just use Max Potion to heal it and Keldeo is not in this deck just to sit on the bench as Keldeo can be a awesome attacker in this deck as well as a surprise Landorus attacker. Also what do you mean by Keldeo's max damage in this deck is only 50? This deck uses Blend Energy so Keldeo is able to attack in this deck and by the time you've played Keldeo you should already have 1 or 2 Blend Energy in play or at least 1 in your hand as you shouldn't need to play Keldeo until mid-game. Keldeo with 2 Blend Energy can KO a Landorus and gain 2 prizes and can completely throw your opponent off his game because Keldeo is completely unexpected. Sure Keldeo can't use Plasma Klinklang's ability but when played when a Landorus is out, it pays it's own cost so you don't lose anything as your still even with your opponent but since plays Landorus, the Landorus you knocked out would of been an asset to his deck while Keldeo is not an asset to the deck meaning your opponent loses more than you do putting him at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
What do you mean Keldeo GIVES your opponent up to 4 prizes? I bet you completely forgot that Keldeo is impossible to KO unless it's by an overpowered Keldeo and even if it is damaged, you can just use Max Potion to heal it and Keldeo is not in this deck just to sit on the bench as Keldeo can be a awesome attacker in this deck as well as a surprise Landorus attacker. Also what do you mean by Keldeo's max damage in this deck is only 50? This deck uses Blend Energy so Keldeo is able to attack in this deck and by the time you've played Keldeo you should already have 1 or 2 Blend Energy in play or at least 1 in your hand as you shouldn't need to play Keldeo until mid-game. Keldeo with 2 Blend Energy can KO a Landorus and gain 2 prizes and can completely throw your opponent off his game because Keldeo is completely unexpected. Sure Keldeo can't use Plasma Klinklang's ability but when played when a Landorus is out, it pays it's own cost so you don't lose anything as your still even with your opponent but since plays Landorus, the Landorus you knocked out would of been an asset to his deck while Keldeo is not an asset to the deck meaning your opponent loses more than you do putting him at a disadvantage.

i dont play blend in mine, takes away the risk of darkrai/hammers which will inevitably make a comeback after the next 2 sets and decks playing plasma energy. how is it impossible to ko a keldo? in a match against a landurus, i would grant you that having keldo could be helpful, but landy is an ex. he wouldnt do dammage to my pokemon besides keldo ex because of klinklang. but more often, your opp dosent play landy, so dropping keldo ex wouldnt really help and sticking to metal in the match is in best interests. now you are playing your 58 cards to their 60.

Um, I'm talking about sazandoring's list as that's what the thread is about. I can't comment on how it would work in your deck as there is no list but Keldeo in sazandoring's list makes the deck that more powerful as I explained in my last comment and Landorus in Landorus/Mewtwo is usually the 1st thing out the door and Keldeo takes care of that mid-game.

Um, I'm talking about sazandoring's list as that's what the thread is about. I can't comment on how it would work in your deck as there is no list but Keldeo in sazandoring's list makes the deck that more powerful as I explained in my last comment and Landorus in Landorus/Mewtwo is usually the 1st thing out the door and Keldeo takes care of that mid-game.

remove what i said about blends, and the same applies to this list. landy ex still cant hit cobalions and klinklangs when the plasma steel ability is active, i feel that the room would be better spent on consistency cards to ensure that getting out both klinklangs isnt an issue.

-4 Blend Energy
-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Juniper

+4 Prism Energy
+2 Sableye

-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Juniper

+2 Keldeo

Already did that
just - 1 cobalion for darkrai

Please list your current deck. I'm not sure what you now have after the suggestions and changes made. I'd like to offer some additional deck suggestions/comments, but I'm not sure exactly what your current list is now. Thanks.

whats OHKOS me ? nothing
Nice deck concept, but bear in mind that there are several decks that can wreak havoc on your deck:
  • Garbodor (player running this deck took 2nd place (with 370+ Masters) at the nation's largest Regionals (MS Valley) this past weekend) variants will shut down both Klingklangs' Abilities which, by the way, you need to get BOTH into play to be most effective. How will you do when your Prism/Blend energy are Hammer'd away? Also, your opponents will not "willingly" oblige you either - the Klinks will will be prime targets early game! These decks will more or less 2HKO your Poké, if not 1HKO them.
  • Emboar and/or Reshiram can 1HKO your key Metal Poké. Note: at the recent FL Regionals, 2 Emboar-based decks made the T32, and 1 made the T16. I suspect we'll continue to see these going foward given the FL players' success. Emboar is still a viable energy-attachment acceleration engine despite Blastoise and Keldeo EX.
  • Last but not least will be some new Raticate variant decks that will emerge since the Plasma Storm Hynotoxic Laser Trainer will be released very soon. Any of your Poké can be easily 1HKO with the combo of Raticate's Super Fang attack and Hypnotoxic Laser.
So, "nothing"? Don't think so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back