Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kraze Club Stamped Skitty

OK- i was just wondering you see. I don't like having cards that I don't know the value of....

Surely though if not that many people know about it, it's quite rare?

I think it may be down to people's awareness, like Pokepop said. There were a few around at Worlds last year which got traded for a reasonable amount. It's the same for the Donald Duck copy of Dratini & Larvitar, which only came out in Finland. It all depends if you've got a few remaining trades to tempt people with... if they're interested!

There are two things that combine to create "vaule" in a collectible.
First is rarity or "supply".
But more important is desirability or "demand".

I can sign a Ditto card. The rarity of that card is now unique, one of a kind.
But there is no demand for it. I have a worthless card.

The Skittys may be rare, and if people know about them, there is a certain demand, but they won't reach their "true" value unless the large population of collectors become aware of them and desire to add them to their collection.

Of course. I didn't say the card was worthless.
Just that it does not achieve "true" value while so many don't know about it.

They traded well at Worlds last year - card for card really, we gave a few away too.

I don't think there will be many mint Kraze Skittys left for the collectors who didn't get them.

Oh and as to awareness they aren't in the Pokegyms priceguide :(

Aren't they? Did you look in stamped? I'll check that out.
We do have them in the scans, though.

I managed to get 4 of the sealed mags with them in it last year ! Only have 2 left which is for our collection. ANd yes I am a collector that must have atleast one of every promo. Just waiting for one of those prerelease raichu owners to offer me one!:lol:

I myself would value the skitty at around $10 - $12 due to the rarity but that is just me.

Yes, let's get feedback from more experts on value.
No sense just guessing for the price guide.
If anyone can report real trades or sales that were made involving the kitties, please post here.

Thanks guys for all your help, and thanks Pop for explaining the whole idea of value to me! (Ive never really been a trader....)

Ill keep the value ftb at £5 :biggrin:

Back