Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kyogre and Metagross

VortexOne

Has anybody ever thought of the combo of :water:kyogre la and :metal:metagross sv. i always liked kyogre but i didnt know whether to play it or not and then came along metagross in sv and i knew i had found the right partner for kyogre but im still having doubts. im not sure whether t play it or not any suggestions?

kyogre has fast setup with drizzle and then t2 he does high tide for 60 to thier active and 20 to thier bench making it easier to take down thier bench faster with metagross and being able to take down a claydol/weavile in 3 high tides whileat the same time metagross has almost the sae attack so that works well to

Unfortunately, High Tide needs a double discard, so it would end up taking 6 turns to KO a benched Claydol or Weavile.

With 100 HP and an X2 Weakness to Luxray, Kyogre isn't going to be on the Field that long.

To even begin to make this work, you would also need some way of ensuring you always had the Water Energy in hand for Drizzle. Bronzong SF and a deck running plenty of Water Energy is possible, but that's going to make it very hard to use Metagross as an attacker.

what if i changed it from metagross sv and replaced him with a line of 2 MD Bronzong and 2 SF Bronzong and then added a 2-2 line of rr starmie's for energy recycling.

The only deck I'd see some synergy with this is Blastcatty with Metagross tech. Last BRs and Cities I ran this w/ Kyogre as the main attacker and did fairly well

Only prob is making room for all the techs, so:

3-2-3 Blasty
2-2 Kitty
1-0-1 Metagross (or 2-1-2 if you're serious about getting him out)
2 Kyogre

2 night maintenance for late game cleanup

If you want a water spreader, Abomasnow SF might be better - although he is stopped cold by Grass and Water decks, and Speedrill is reasonably popular still, and then theres Gyarados and Kingdra.
Otherwise you might want to look into Tyranitar. Two rounds of spread, drop Metagross and your opponent can kiss their Claydols goodbye. Now to find a weapon to deal with Nidoqueen.

If you want a water spreader, Abomasnow SF might be better - although he is stopped cold by Grass and Water decks, and Speedrill is reasonably popular still, and then theres Gyarados and Kingdra.
Otherwise you might want to look into Tyranitar. Two rounds of spread, drop Metagross and your opponent can kiss their Claydols goodbye. Now to find a weapon to deal with Nidoqueen.

Its called Dusknoir (DP) :lol:

Back