Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kyogre & Groudon LEGEND revealed in the west?!?! Also, Espeon Prime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanite

Scans of Kyogre & Groudon LEGEND have been found and posted on bulbapedia!

It will have 150 HP, a dual :grass::lightning: weakness, and a retreat sost of :colorless::colorless::colorless:, as well as the dual LEGEND rule.
It's first attack, Mega Tidal Wave discards the top 5 cards of your opponent's deck, and then does 30 to each of your opponent's benched pokemon times the number of energy cards discarded for :water::water::colorless::colorless:.
The other attack, Massive Eruption discards the top 5 cards of your deck and then does 100 damage times the number of energy cards discarded, all for an energy cost of :fighting::fighting::colorless::colorless:.

With decks expected to be playing larger numbers of energy next format, due to the loss of Roseanne's, this card could see play, especially with the upcoming Legend Box.

Espeon Prime was also revealed, with no change to what we expected.

Last edited:
wow, this has to be the first time i've seen a card in english before i've seen it in japanese. it's an awesome card though.

Yes, I did find these images, and yes, they were first revealed in English. Though I won't yet say what source, I will say it has to be one of the more unusual sources for America, though is a usual source for Japan, though at a different domain.

Freaking A o.0 Legend Box + Gatr + This could equal delicous cake. I love how they actually gave something COMPLETE synergy with Gatr Prime.

It's first attack, Mega Tidal Wave discards the top 5 cards of your opponent's deck, and then does 30 to each of your opponent's benched pokemon for :water::water::colorless::colorless:.
It does 30 damage to each of them times the number of energy discarded. That's evil.

I can just imagine somene using that against me and hitting 5 energy. 150 to all my bench.....D;

And I really wish it had just been energy discarded instead of energy cards xD Flip over 4 DCE, hit for 240 on all bench, gg.

Shadow - I don't think you read that right

---------- Post added 06/26/2010 at 11:32 AM ----------

Shino - READ the card

^I read the card.....and your point? It does exactly what ShadowGuard said it did. 30 damage times the number of energy cards you discarded to each fo your opponent's Benched pokemon.

I sure would love to make it based on that other attack though. Discard 5 energy, 1000 damage to Luxray Gl X. Who's BCIF now fool? >:D

Massive Eruption + Porygon-Z lv.x's Decode power = garunteed 200 damage, which is fun. I said fun, not BDIF worthy. Although mega tidal wave is just so awesome, and it comes out when Night Maintenance leaves.
~Cyber~

^I read the card.....and your point? It does exactly what ShadowGuard said it did. 30 damage times the number of energy cards you discarded to each fo your opponent's Benched pokemon.

I sure would love to make it based on that other attack though. Discard 5 energy, 1000 damage to Luxray Gl X. Who's BCIF now fool? >:D
DCE is an energy card, that supplies two energies. It will only count for one when discarded.

Yes, which is why he said, "i wish it had been energy discarded instead of energy cards".

Seriously guys.

Also unplayable kthxbai

wow this card is great with porgygon z x and you can put this on the top of your deck with porygon z x then use legend box.

To all you people praising porygon...I'd like to see you get it out (because this set hits next format).

Secondly, just run it with Delcatty and Gatr Prime...sheesh >.> Toss in a couple Kyogre LA or a 2-1-2-1 Flygon and you could have something delicious (like shino said).

I disagree with Kaylel for the first time I think o.o Yeah the weakness hurts, but it's FAR from unplayable...we'll see though...theorymon has failed before, no?

To all you people praising porygon...I'd like to see you get it out (because this set hits next format).
Garchomp Lv.X ftw. xD j/k
But hey, I'm still hoping for a Porygon-Z with some Pidgeot-like abilities for Claydol replacement. ^^

But as you said, why play a stage 2 Lv.X when a stage 1 (Delcatty) can do the job as well?

This legend card could be a nice tech in some decks, exspecially those focused around Feraligatr or Blastcatty (where Delcatty also helps using the Groudon attack as long as you're running fighting energy). But those deck need some good consistancy engine, otherwise they can't keep up with the "simple" decks - unfortunally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back