Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kyruem??

I think it's hype. I played against several Kyurem decks so far, and I went 3-1 in total, with what is supposedly a good matchup for Kyurem (DnD). I've never totally liked spread in general.

CaKE is a decent deck, but still loses too much to TyRam.

I think it's hype. I played against several Kyurem decks so far, and I went 3-1 in total, with what is supposedly a good matchup for Kyurem (DnD). I've never totally liked spread in general.

CaKE is a decent deck, but still loses too much to TyRam.

that is excactly what i would think the problem with the deck.. tryram is just 2 big of a deck

that is excactly what i would think the problem with the deck.. tryram is just 2 big of a deck

Yep. You can make the case that "OMG KYUREM PWN5 RESHI!!!!111!1" but it really doesn't. Any smart TyRam player will be able to manipulate damage via Afterburner and get the KO on Kyurem. Also, a lot of TyRams have been playing Kingdra, which helps oh-so-much to OHKO a non-Eviolited Kyurem and denying the return KO.

But do realize any smart players using Kyurem is not using Kyurem as their big gun main pokemon of the deck either.

There's more than one way to play Kyurem.

Card does a ridiculous amount of damage, plus it has Outrage, a great Weakness, and Eviolite. Players are going to find a way to exploit those qualities.

The hype is stupid, like it is for everything else that gets hyped, but there is at least some substance to it this time around.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

Kyurem loses to Tyram, if Kyurem only uses it's second attack. Otherwise, aka if the player was smart, they would have a pretty good matchup. It also doesn't have to attack with Kyurem, it can attack with feraligatr.

I've played with and against many kyurem decks, it fairs very well, even when you get awful starts with it. It needs a lot of hand refresh to work properly it seems. But still a good card.

Kyurem loses to Tyram, if Kyurem only uses it's second attack. Otherwise, aka if the player was smart, they would have a pretty good matchup. It also doesn't have to attack with Kyurem, it can attack with feraligatr.

I've played with and against many kyurem decks, it fairs very well, even when you get awful starts with it. It needs a lot of hand refresh to work properly it seems. But still a good card.

True once you get a couple 30 spreads in Feraligator can clean up everything that is left.

How does Tyram beat Kyurem at all? All they have to do is spread a few times times and clean up with Jirachi/Feraligatr/whatever.

I think Kyurem is a great card, but it's also countered very easily. A single Cobalion/Virizion can make it useless, it also struggles against multiple Eviolites. Still, if played right, it can make up a great Deck that beats most currently played Decks easily.

Virizion makes it useless as it can't just spread to the bench? If virizion does 40, then 80 you live, easily with eviolite and OHKO back with outrage.

Cobalion hurts it a lot admittedly.

Obviously Virizion won't attack into Outrage but Catcher and OHKO all of your Feraligatr/Totodile/Croconaws. If it keeps a small bench and/or attaches its Eviolites wisely, Kyurem will do little to nothing to it.

not just Feraligatr, but Blastoise can clean up fairly well after the 30 spreads to, although would rather use Feraligatr as its more viable.

But we talking about 1 Kyurem doing 30 spreads 1-2 times, dont forget about the benched Kyurems or the ones about to come out, you could get those 30 spreads 4-5 times a game and it wouldnt be hard to do. It will eat up the bench.

Last edited:
I'm going to try him out in blastzel. Doesn't get hit for lightning and it's second attack is decent good energy acceleration for a new attack with Floatzel/washout.
Posted with Mobile style...

But do realize any smart players using Kyurem is not using Kyurem as their big gun main pokemon of the deck either.

You're supposed to run at least 2 Kyurem's in CaKE as a Secondary Attacker for against TyRam, for KyuremGatr 4 Kyurem's is a must with the Feraligatr Prime, KGL, and Jirachi tech's that you're running.

I think Kyurem with its Outrage attack, which only requires 2 colorless energy, would make a good tech in Fire-heavy metas.

I've used it in Blastzel, it makes the deck so much better, even just 1 or 2 in it.

Being able to spread 30 to everything, means hydro launcher can KO much more things.

Back