Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice

ramcleglaceon

Just finished watching KTSJ. I thought it was awesome, but not as awesome as Giratina and the Sky Warrior.:lol:
Anyone else watch it, if so what did you think? I thought it could've been a tad bit more detailed, but otherwise it was pretty awesome.

Any time the Ash Trio isn't talking or interacting with anything, it was darn good. Smooth animation, as long as characters didn't try and interact with attacks. That's long been a pet peeve of mine as far as Pokemon animation is concerned. Is Ghibli still doing the Pokemon animation? If so, they really need to learn how to step up their game...

It's a lot more umm... straightforward then other Pokemon movies. I found Keldeo to be cool yet somewhat annoying. I thought the part where they were "flying" was hilarious. Also did anyone else notice that the city was almost completely empty? Like there weren't many people to be seen throughout the city. Kyurem is pretty vicious in this. It almost levels a city just to finish a battle. It didn't seem to have regard for anyone else.

In terms of acting, mmm good not great. The usual over-dramatization of English dub. I still think they could've chose someone other than Vic Mignogna for Keldeo. He's in enough stuff already and I don't think it suits Keldeo's character. BUT I got used to it after a while. Also who is Cobalion's voice actor? He sounds like George Takei. Hmm...

---------- Post added 12/08/2012 at 09:27 PM ----------

^Kay so it wasn't George Takei.

All I got to say about the movie is that i found so many mistakes in the movie and unnessecary scenes that i couldnt wait for it to be over. :/

Fox Master I so agree. The city was empty, and the plot just didn't seem so exciting. Kyurem attacked becasue he wanted to finish a battle??? I mean, where's the action in that? The voices were ok, Terrakion's voice was the best I think. Definetly fits his character. Also, somehow Iris magically happens to make the blimp work again? I was really confused on that if the world's strongest dragon Pokemon froze her blimp.
Also, it was pretty annoying when the swords of justice called keldeo, "it" instead of him.

Last edited:
Fox Master I so agree. The city was empty, and the plot just didn't seem so exciting. Kyurem attacked becasue he wanted to finish a battle??? I mean, where's the action in that? The voices were ok, Terrakion's voice was the best I think. Definetly fits his character. Also, somehow Iris magically happens to make the blimp work again? I was really confused on that if the world's strongest dragon Pokemon froze her blimp.
Also, it was pretty annoying when the swords of justice called keldeo, "it" instead of him.

Keldeo is a GUY? (I know the voice, but come on it's a pony for crying out loud)

As far as voices, I liked Terrakion and Kyurem a lot. Cobalion wasn't particularly grating. Keldeo's was distracting. Virizion was just bad...

Lol kirbyking. I'm pretty sure it was a guy though.
Virizion's voice was bad. It was pretty annoying. Kyurem's voice definetly fit his character. Old, icy, and powerful. Cobalion's voice didn't sound very welcoming. Keldeo's voice sounded...distracting yeah.

I concur. Terrakion was hilarious yet epic. Kyurem had that snarl under his voice. Cobalion was ehh... coulda been better. And yeah what was with Virizion? She sounded like a robot; just all slow speech and pronunciation. Again... coulda been better.

Terrakion and Cobalion voices got a lot of respect from me. Keldeo... well Vic needed to deviate from the Edward voice.

1. The city had no other people besides Ash and Co, I mean the distraction thing was ok I guess, but what about the other people.

2. They never really seem to show a money transaction with the food, or yet anything else in the Anime.

3. They "Stole" the vintage train and blimp. Pretty sure the City isn't happy about that.

4. The people in the train didn't notice a big ice/dragon pokemon on the train? in fact the city had no one to see the legendary pokemon.

I really disliked this movie. The whole plot was basically as followed " A young Pokemon lies, and puts his friends in jeopardy, Kyurem becomes mad, and easily get's defeated at the end due to 1 move" Also the Swords of Justice were frozen throughout the whole movie, and we only got a brief glance into their personalities. Everything was rushed, and it was a shame as to how they portrayed the strongest Dragon Pokemon. I didn't feel emotionally connected to Keldeo, and Ash and Co were just plain stupid. I guess the reason I disliked it so much was because of how amazing last year's Victini movie was. We had a Pokemon that was easy to connect with, the villain wasn't just an angry person, and had a great back story. Hopefully the Genesect movie will finish up the BW Movie Saga with a bang.

all lengedaries are genderless, they even called the terrakion/virizion/cobalion "it" too

I wasn't so surprised at the getting the blimp to work again as I was of how she actually knew how to control a blimp??

I saw it last night. It could have been better, but I still really enjoyed it. The main thing that I didn't like was that it was really short.

Back