Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lakewood Wash EX Emerald Pre Release May 7, 2005

Pokeplayer

Here is the preliminary information....

Hello local Wash Players..Here is the next Pre Release.....

Tournament Name: EX Emerald Prerelease
Date May 7, 2005
Time: 11:00 AM
Address: 8610 South Tacoma Way
City: Lakewood
State: WA
Zip code 98499
Admission: $20
Store phone 253-582-9708
Door prizes awarded.

Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin, for registering....While Supplies Last

Format: Modified Limited
Rounds: Age Modified Swiss / 30-Minutes (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Each player will receive six packs of the "EX Emerald" boosters to make a 40-card deck including energy. Basic energy cards will be provided. We will play a number of rounds of age-modified swiss. The number of rounds will be determined by attendance. Players play in each round. After completing the event the players receive the following prizes:

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-over)

Winners of Each Age Group will receive a "Winner's Pre-release Pin".

All participants will receive after the completion of the tournament, Four Packs of "ex Emerald", and two POP Promo series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

BOTTOM LINE: Players get 10 packs of Ex Emerald Booster packs for the admission Fee!!!!!!!!

Also for this Pre release, the top 4 winners in each age group also receive the following additional prizes:

1st 12 pack
2nd 8 packs
3rd 6 packs
4th 4 packs

Theme Deck Challenge

Entry Fee: $20.00

Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin (while supplies last)

THIS EVENT IS DESIGNED FOR NEW PLAYERS!!!!!

This event is run concurrent with the main tournament.....

Each player will receive a "Theme Deck" and two "ex :Emerald" booster packs. The players will play with their "Theme Decks" only. This is a non-sanctioned event. The level of play is for beginners and players parents hoping to learn the game or just to have fun..... Play is also very relaxed and informal. Players may help each other or ask for help while playing from the tournament staff. The number of rounds in the "Theme Deck Challenge" will be determined by the players in this tournament.

Theme Deck Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over)

After the tournament, players will receive Four Packs of "ex Deoxys", and two POP Promo series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

Side Events

These events will be held after the main tournament.

Booster draft

$15 for 5 packs. Build a 40 card deck. Basic energy provided. Play 4 rounds min. Prizes will be booster packs.

1st Worlds Grinder Fund Raiser

Category: Fun - Unlimited - Limited
Date/Time: 5/7/2005 5:00 PM
Admission: $5

This tournament will be used to generate money to help a Pokemon player get to Worlds. Players get a Fossil Theme Deck. Players will play only the theme deck. Play will be four 30 minute rounds. Limited to approx 30 players. All money will be collected and held for a another future tournament held after Gyms and Regionals. TO does not pocket this money.

Prizes:

First place gets a POP Backpack.!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :cool: :thumb:

Second - Fourth get a Deoxys Pokemon Box :biggrin:

Fifth Pikachu notebook and some pencils. :wink:

Go here to look at the prizes: Click on the Pokemon Icon below Pokemon Prizes

http://www.thegamematrix.com/index.php

Disclaimer: PUI has granted permission to show the photo of the Backpack.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm out of judging this one if levi already has it, oh well. I get 5 bucks off entrance anyway.

I have not determined who my judges are for the present time being...

I will thing about it some more....please be patient....

I think the discount was from last year's tournament season, as part of the VIP package. I don't think POP included it as part of this years' prize package.

Last edited:
If CITY Champions got a discount than would I get one too, Matt? I am City Champ of Burnaby. But Nope I'm not getting a discount my self either. Well first of all I have to see if I can judge. I'd like to Judge rather than play.

Dark Legendary Master said:
If CITY Champions got a discount than would I get one too, Matt? I am City Champ of Burnaby. But Nope I'm not getting a discount my self either. Well first of all I have to see if I can judge. I'd like to Judge rather than play.
Hey hey no bragging it realy isn't that hard to win a CC if all the players arn't realy that competitive and your playing one of the best person's lists. *COUGHLEVICOUGH* And if you guys want to you know I pawn you all. :wink: Anywho whoever gets MiltoicEX/Milotic in the perrelease wins no doubt.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
Hey hey no bragging it realy isn't that hard to win a CC if all the players arn't realy that competitive and your playing one of the best person's lists. *COUGHLEVICOUGH* And if you guys want to you know I pawn you all. :wink: Anywho whoever gets MiltoicEX/Milotic in the perrelease wins no doubt.

And I'm not bragging. Well not trying to anyway. I know I was using one of your decks. Still I earned that victory.

Articjedi said:
Both cards suck, milo will stop amphy the same as vile stopping it.

Yeah the most it might do is kill off Rock Lock. But there's still Phoneix (Blaze) to deal with. Milotic is not in any way a metagame breaking card. And then again, it's still not absolutely certain that Milotic ex will kill off Rock Lock. Matt's hit right on the nail. But think about this. With Phoenix around, is anyone going to risk playing a pokemon weak to fire, that is not effected in anyway by ancient tomb?

ok ya it looks like they both suck but no one one's untell the prerelease is over and we have the cards to see what it does so no we don't know for sure.

Back