Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Larvesta In need of your help!

i heart you

Hello guys, Yes I am new.:biggrin:

Straight to the subject: I am no where as good as the current champions at Competitive Battling.
(Sorry If I have made any spelling Mistakes):frown:

I have been trying to get a good stat/move-set based pokemon. I have actually chosen a Male Larvesta to train with. I have not EV trained, and I am wondering if these stats are good for its level.

Larvesta Male:

Level 25
Item: Power Bracer

Stats

HP: 68
Atk: 61
Def: 49
Sp Atk: 35
Sp Def: 42
Spd: 47

At level 3 my stats were:

HP: 17
Atk: 11
Def: 9
Sp Atk: 8
Sp Def: 9
Spd: 10

My Goals For it currently are:

1. Get to 59 to evolve
2. Learn "Bug Buzz" at level 70
3. Have a good, even based move set
4. Have good stats to do subway

I was wondering Have I stuffed up anywhere and also I have used all the Vitamins I could on it.

Thanks, I Heart You.

To be honest, it is a bit difficult to know if those stats are correct and "good" considering that you say that you have not ev trained it and used all the vitamins you could on it.

Please clerify the ev trainig you have done on it and what stats you invested the vitamins on.

If you are looking to get into competative battleing, you on a good start and with a good choice Pokemon to battle with.

Good goels as well, and it does very well in the Subway battles.

^Welcome to the competative side! First off, do you know what Individual Values are?
Second, You will need a quick run down on what ev training really is.
Third, Natures play an important role in maxing out a specific stat for the best results.

*side not: Please do not think I am being rude and do not be frustrated- this is alot of info to take in for getting into the competative field. This site has a great number of competative players who know great information on how to ev train and raise good Pokemon for tournaments in competative settings. We're here to help is all!

Fourth: How well are you at breeding?

kk, so, I will wait for your responce, and the community here will do the best to direct you in the path of making the best Pokemon for what ever your battle needs are.

Ok, I will love any help I can get EV training. I am not too crash hot at training EV or Competitive ways.

Also, I think I am okayish at breedinng.

ok- well, dont take this the wrong way- see my intentions. The Larvesta you have right now, is not going to turn out to well to make you obtain a good number of wins. Don't get me wrong, I am saying this from a competituers point of view.
I appluade your efforts to this point of trying to achieve the best stated Pokemon. Your Larvesta isn't "worthless"- just not trained in the best that benefits it for battles. Your off too a good start using the vitamins, but youll need to know how many to use. Most Players will use only 20 vitamins total on a Pokemon. (I did say most, not every)

So, you'll need to work/improve your breeding skills. The Larvesta is needing to be used for breeding a whole new Larvesta with a nature that will make it a more solid and battle worthy Pokemon.

Let's see-- I will need to research Larvesta cuz off the top of my mind I am not recalling a good nature to want to have the Larvesta be. ( I do think Modest though- but I'll look into Larvesta anyways.

I will not try to explain IV (individual values) to you at this time until your have a better understanding of ev training.
So, don't fret that at this time.

I will (or someone else my step in to assist) reply back soon.

You can probably run through the basic Subway lines with pretty much any random Pokemon (I've done it with my in-game team), but anything at Super you'll likely lose out in.

EV training itself is real easy to understand; as a bit of shameless self-promotion, my guide goes in-depth on how to EV train, which you can find here (just scroll down some, it's the 3rd to last section: http://pokegym.net/forums/view.php?pg=vgcteambldg).

Anyways, just EV training alone will boost your Pokemon over most random CPU opponents (which stops again at Super where they start using flawless Pokemon with EV spreads that aren't random or non-existent). For something truly competitive though to last in the Super Subway and against other (actual) people, you'll need to Google out how to properly breed Pokemon, though that can be fairly extensive and daunting to learn at first, but it's actually fairly simple once you know how provided you have the time (and patience in some cases). Then EV train and you'll be set from there.

Back