Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Las Vegas Gym Challenge (really in Henderson)

Stripes

Hope know one minds me doing this one. I thought I'd get the word out as early as possible.

Date: Saturday, June 18

Tournament Location
Mervyn's Court , Galleria at Sunset, Henderson, NV; 702.434.0087

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration opens at 10:00 am; Reg. for Round 1 closes at 10:50 am

The Gym begins at 11:00 am

How to Sign-Up and Play
Arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to Registration — download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you! You will need to turn in both your registration slip (available onsite) and decklist at Registration. Also, please rememeber to bring your POP ID. Thanks.

Prizes
The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• Invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
• Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
• VIP Badge
• Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place

• Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
3rd-4th Place

• Combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th - 8th Place

• Combination of 4 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
Side Events

Booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$15 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Team side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

GBA head-to-head battles will also be ongoing throughout the day. Winner receives 1 booster (you may only receive 1 booster for winning 3 times).

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss-style (1 game matches), with Top 2-16 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age group.

Tournament Format
Modified

There is an awesome food court in the mall. Plenty of attractions in the surrounding area. This tournament happens to be close to me so I'll definately be there. I hope to see loads of people. Post here or PM me if anyone has questions.
More details coming in the near future...

Edit I added the date. Sensei pointed this out. Thanks

Last edited:
man, i didn't even know this thread was up yet, go Chris for posting this. I will be there in a judging capacity as per Karl, and there aren't any updates at this time other than what is already posted. I hope the entire NPPA will be there. PLEASE contact me if you are unable to make it, and i will try to arrange it for you to go, but no promises...

Not confirmed yet, but my sister wants to go to the star trek experience in las vegas, so if we get that planned, I will be attending. (You'll know who I am because i'll be the one winning. ;D)

I'll get back to you on it.

Now you know that TEAM LA would never miss a VEGAS tourney...I mean it's vegas baby, VEGAS!!! the good ol Sun Galleria in Hederson...count us in and bet ya we make up more than half your crowd or at least a good portion of it :wink: !!! c'ya in 2 saturday's from now!!!

lates

Jess_E

Charizard_Breeder said:
Now you know that TEAM LA would never miss a VEGAS tourney...I mean it's vegas baby, VEGAS!!! the good ol Sun Galleria in Hederson...count us in and bet ya we make up more than half your crowd or at least a good portion of it :wink: !!! c'ya in 2 saturday's from now!!!

lates

Jess_E
Thanks for helping me figure out why Californians can be only decent players overall yet still make top 8 basically everywhere they go. Good luck to all Nevadans there, ah what the heck good luck to all non-Californians there. Not everyone appreciates invading armies.

Last edited:
Charizard_Breeder said:

lates

Jess_E

I'm glad to hear Team LA won't be sitting this out. Good luck! :thumb:

Just reserved a hotel. I'll be there for sure. :D

I'll see everyone there, and on a personal note: Pig, I am coming to get you...

Godzilla! said:
Not everyone appreciates invading armies.
ahhhhh boo...where's your "SPIRIT" of the Game??? :confused: hey, Stripes and the rest of NPPA (did i get that right)...they know that this all in FUN!!! besides...stripes and the rest of NEVADA (not sure bout Piggie??), we squashed all the BEEF we had. what's in past, is in the past...old news, you following me??? just a little friendly RIBBING, nothing more nothing less...besides, it's just a friendly game of POKEMON!!! :wink: in the end of it all, we congratulate one another...so RELAX and get to da chopper!!! :biggrin:

have a good and NV we'll be seeing you next week...

laters

Jess_E

Charizard_Breeder said:
ahhhhh boo...where's your "SPIRIT" of the Game??? :confused: hey, Stripes and the rest of NPPA (did i get that right)...they know that this all in FUN!!! besides...stripes and the rest of NEVADA (not sure bout Piggie??), we squashed all the BEEF we had. what's in past, is in the past...old news, you following me??? just a little friendly RIBBING, nothing more nothing less...besides, it's just a friendly game of POKEMON!!! :wink: in the end of it all, we congratulate one another...so RELAX and get to da chopper!!! :biggrin:

have a good and NV we'll be seeing you next week...

laters

Jess_E
Let's refresh everyone's mind with what Californians define as the "Spirit of the Game" 1. Posting pictures of there team members holding the 2004 Nevada State Championship trophy dressed as hoodlums. 2. Showing up with a camera so you could rub your victory in peoples faces later. 3. All of your players leaving the store in less than 2 min. after Stripes won in the finals (where was your camera man then hmmm...). 4. Saying this is a friendly game (if it truely was to you guys you guys would be satisfied enough with your 2 Regionals, 2 Gym Challenges, and Worlds not to have to bring basically ALL your players state to state taking away invites from people that can't afford to do what you people do, go from state to state). 5. If everything in the past was just in the past then you guys wouldn't bring up how many championships and top 8s you Californians have all the time now would you.

If I wasn't already going on a big vacation out of the U.S. I would definately make it my buisiness to teach you guys a lesson at Las Vegas Gym Challenge but I guess it'll just have to wait till Worlds (that is if Stripes hasn't complettely broken your spirit already).

Godzilla! said:
Let's refresh everyone's mind with what Californians define as the "Spirit of the Game" 1. Posting pictures of there team members holding the 2004 Nevada State Championship trophy dressed as hoodlums. 2. Showing up with a camera so you could rub your victory in peoples faces later. 3. All of your players leaving the store in less than 2 min. after Stripes won in the finals (where was your camera man then hmmm...). 4. Saying this is a friendly game (if it truely was to you guys you guys would be satisfied enough with your 2 Regionals, 2 Gym Challenges, and Worlds not to have to bring basically ALL your players state to state taking away invites from people that can't afford to do what you people do, go from state to state). 5. If everything in the past was just in the past then you guys wouldn't bring up how many championships and top 8s you Californians have all the time now would you.

If I wasn't already going on a big vacation out of the U.S. I would definately make it my buisiness to teach you guys a lesson at Las Vegas Gym Challenge but I guess it'll just have to wait till Worlds (that is if Stripes hasn't complettely broken your spirit already).

Oh Grow Up, its over. Has anything happened since NV States? No, Now drop it, everyone is at peace at the moment except for you obviously.

I agree with TRUK. I may be talking a little smack myself, but nothing like what was going on during states. Now it's just a little friendly tough talk, now we have to prove we're up to it. If you're a good enough player, 1 gym challenge should be all you need to win an invite, doesn't matter how many your state has.

Besides, if we're only just these "decent" players, how come you're having such a fit we're coming, hm? (And don't say because there's so many of us, strength in numbers won't matter if you're good enough.)

Please, we haven't done anything bad in this thread, don't get it locked for us..

Last edited:
Hey on a side note will you guys be bringing down Chung Ly and Marroquin? I'd personally like to face them again they were pretty challenging. I'll tell you guys what when you all get down here we can all make fun of pig together :lol:
No doubt this tournament will be tough, but I predict no matter the outcome amusing.

OH god... someone's taking those JOKE photos serious?
I THOUGHT THEY WERE great... of course, a CERTAIN sense of humor is necessary... and SO APROPOS, considering TEAM LA is truly A TEAM from LA... not the COUNTY but the city itself...
FROM EAST LA, especially... *esay...* lol

It was a REALLY good LA joke... lol

Hmmm, tho from what I heard... dragonstar... never had the confidence to ID himself at the LV states. o_O... but others did... cool... Hmmm... oh well, bygones are bygones...
THE DVD from the trip... silly... lol

AND IMO, this year... ALL TEAMS should pull together... to DO BETTER at worlds this year... THAT, is the CHANGE and game direction I expect and hope for...

*You think the friendly rivalry was bad, I FOUND THE xenophobic POST-last year worlds' DIATRIBES distasteful, embarrassing, and PITIFUL form of LACK of sportmanship...

This year... WHAT new light can be SHED of OUR TOP U.S. pokemon players...

Hmmm, off topic... GOODLUCK and enjoy!!!
*I don't think I can make any of these... =(
**WOW, I know that mall, went to a QUALIFIER eons ago there...

Last edited:
)v(ajin_ipg21 said:
Hmmm, tho from what I heard... dragonstar... never had the confidence to ID himself at the LV states.
That's real manly of you to talk about someone that doesn't even go on this forum anymore :nonono: and from what I heard from Pig and Dragonstar shortly after states he did tell one of you guys who he was and then everybody was all wispering to themselves about it.

Back