Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

LD Employees in premier tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaic

I just wanted to get a clarification on this section of the tournament rules, as it may be relevant for premier points in Australia over the coming months.

Specifically, this section.

2.2. Member Eligibility
By participating in a POP-sanctioned event, all POP members agree to abide by
the tournament rules outlined in this document.
Anyone is allowed to participate in sanctioned Pokémon Organized Play
tournaments except for the following:
• Tournament Organizer or judge of the event
• Current employees and family members of Pokémon USA, Inc.
• Employees of Nintendo, GAME FREAK inc., or Creatures Inc.
• Employees of companies that are responsible for Pokémon Organized Play
in the operation or coordination of Organized Play in their countries
• Former employees of any of the above companies within 60 days of their
final date of employment

• Any player who has been suspended from participating in Pokémon
Organized Play events by Pokémon Organized Play
• Players without invitations to play in special invite-only events, such as
the Pokémon TCG World Championships

What exactly would be termed an "employee" in this situation? Obviously, someone who gets a regular wage or salary is out (which should actually disqualify the winner of the Victorian state championships yesterday), but would someone who's done or will be doing demo games for the LD at a local event in return for payment be out? As an example, in my case, I did demo's of the Pokémon TFG at the 10th anniversary Tour around Oz last year, in return for payment in TFG product, and will be doing demo's again at a convention the week after the tournament, though I'm not sure if I'm getting paid anything for this one. If that does count as employment for the purpose of the tournament rules, while I should be fine, I believe there are a few top level Australian players who'd find that would remove them from qualification.

I'd be surprised if 'demo help' counts under that rule. A lot of us in TC and many Gym members have been in that category and are not disbarred from competing.

HOWEVER! Nobody here can answer for PUI, so that is a question you should put to them via email.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back