Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

League in Washington, DC?

Lucksray

Hey guys, if anyone reads in this forum and could suggest me a nearby league? I am having no luck finding one, let alone a tournament to play in. I recently moved to college and didn't bring my cards with me but I miss the game too much so I'm thinking if I find somewhere to play even once a week it's worth a shot.

Hey guys, if anyone reads in this forum and could suggest me a nearby league? I am having no luck finding one, let alone a tournament to play in. I recently moved to college and didn't bring my cards with me but I miss the game too much so I'm thinking if I find somewhere to play even once a week it's worth a shot.

Just checked Pokemon.com. Found 3 on the other side of the border in VA and MD.

Vienna, Virginia, 22180 13.2 miles
Fairfax, Virginia, 22031 14.7 miles
Savage, Maryland, 20763 18.6 miles

Used the zip 20001 to find leagues, the distance given is from the center of the 20001 zip code in DC

Thanks guys. I tried looking on the pokemon.com site, but couldn't find anything. Might look into those, though my zip is 20052. I am close to a metro though! Who knows.

Again, you've been a great help.

Fairfax league is near George Mason University. Pretty sure you can get there via public transport. PM ShadowCard.. He's the LL there.

Thanks Totoro, might actually look into doing that! It's less than half an hour via cab there which is a nice backup.

Jason, you're hilarious.

Edit: He won't take PM's.... >.<

If those don't work out you can try the Rockvillie League it near White Flint Mall Metro (about a five minute walk) located at Dreamwizard's Game Store. There also a league located at the Patrick Henry Library Vienna, Va, on Friday (3 - 6)

Hello,

I am the organizer for the Vienna and Fairfax leagues in Virginia. Both are served by metro bus.

The Vienna league meets Fridays from 3-6PM. This league has a weekly average of 40 players, evenly divided among Juniors, Seniors, and Masters. Play covers the full range of casual to competitive. Another regular also takes Metro from MD to this location: he tells me that you will get off at Dunn Loring (not Vienna) and take metro bus T2 to Main St. & Center St. At around 10 minutes after league ends, a T2 bus going back to Dunn Loring arrives at the metro stop so you would not be waiting long. More information about the league can be found at Virginia Pokemon's Vienna league page.

Fairfax league meets on weekends from 12-4PM. The Saturday or Sunday varies depending on other events at the venue or Pokemon's tournament schedule. This league has a weekly average of 20 players with the total attendance being 1/2 Juniors & Seniors and the other 1/2 being Masters. Play leans towards the competitive end of the spectrum because a lot of tier 2 tournament finalists play here but newer and younger players are more casual with their games. To get here by Metro, you will go from Vienna Metro, take the CUE bus Green 1 line to Main St & and Pickett Rd. From George Mason University, Cue bus Green 2 is a 10 minute ride to this location. The schedule and more information about this league can be found at Virginia Pokemon's Fairfax league page.

Don't you know how D.C. works? Start lobbying your Congressmen for the league.
hum... :cool:

Well thank you Mr. Shadowcard!

I think I'll start with the fairfax one, and I'll probably see you there on the 14th!

Thanks for all the help. You guys are awesome.

Back