Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Legal Evovlution?

liminy0

As long as it is not your first turn, Can you evolve a basic pokemon from your hand to a stage one pokemon, then use wally's training to evolve the stage one to stage two in the same turn?

Not if you just played the basic this turn. Regular evolution (from the hand w/o a trainer to help) stil requires a turn.

Last edited:
What I am saying is you evolved the basic to stage one legally, then can you put stage two on it by Wally's Training in the Same Turn.

I may be wrong, but doesn't Rare Candy/Wally's Training take up the evolution for that turn, so if you just played a stage1 on the basic, then you couldn't Wally's Training for the stage2? I think that's how it goes.
Either way, thanks for reading, hope this helps.

EDIT: I saw today that they ruled the trainer doesn't take up your evolution for the turn, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Since you are using a Trainer, yes you could. Using a Trainer allows you to break the once per turn and 'not the turn it was played' rules. The only rule that a Trainer or Power can't break is the 'can't evolve on the first turn of the game' rule.

Check the ATMT forum for the official rulings.

I have the Wally's Training card with me right now. Here is the fine print mentioned in the card

Wally's Training said:
(This counts as evolving that Pokemon)

Now I might be wrong, but I think it might be illegal because you are evolving a Pokemon that you just evolved. If it didnt say It counts as evolving, then it would probably be a legal move.

That phrase is there in italics. That means that it is reminder text. It is there to remind you that it removes effects and conditions and does count as an evolution for the turn so that you can't then do another "normal" evolution. However, you can still evolve via Trainer or Power or Attack. All of those get past the "normal" evo rules

PokePop said:
That phrase is there in italics. That means that it is reminder text. It is there to remind you that it removes effects and conditions and does count as an evolution for the turn so that you can't then do another "normal" evolution. However, you can still evolve via Trainer or Power or Attack. All of those get past the "normal" evo rules

"However, you can still evolve via Trainer or Power or Attack. All of those get past the "normal" evo rules"

Exept of course the cards that state that they can't evolve the Pökèmön unless you could evolve it normally, like "Pökèmön Brèèdèr" ;) .

Just tryin' to make sure no one thinks that Pokemon Breeder was errattaed or anything like that(at least I don't think it has been, yet).

Thanks for reading. This post was just my opinion.

Yea, you can do that...but I saw a weird ruling. I find the ruling that Rare Candy gets past Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power quite odd. It says that no more Evolutions can be played. This should be interpreted as no Evolutions can hit the field after Aero comes out, period. I've talked to another person who doesn't agree with this ruling...maybe it should be overturned.

That ruling has been well discussed both with WotC and with PUI and PUI checked with Japan IIRC and it works the way the ruling has said.

Back