Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Legendary Pokemon (R&S)

OK, I've caught 4 of the Legendaries on my Sapphire (Kyogre and the 3 Regi's) without using my Master Ball. I know I still have Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias to catch (got my EON ticket). Which one should I use my Master Ball with? Latias is REALLY getting on my nerves (how on earth can you run away while you're still asleep?!), so I'm considering using it on him, but would I be better off using it on Rayquaza or Latios? Also, what lvl is Latios when you use the EON ticket to fight him?

You have my vote for Latias, the one in my game fled as well while asleep.
Latios from the Southern Island will be lvl 50 when you meet him. I caught mine last weekend with the third Ultra-Ball. Rayquaza was not hard either.
Hope this helps :)

My vote is on Latias (the one floating around in the wild) since the other 2 can be saved in front of, and you can always reset until you catch it. Thats what I did, neither of the other 2 gave me too much trouble, a couple of resets, but I still have them.....

Ironicly, Latias ended up being the easiest Legendary for me to catch so far. I caught a Golbat, trained it to lvl 42, and went Latias hunting. Apparently, it had been sleep flying the whole time since it was STILL asleep when I found it again. :) I used Mean Look and Air Cutter a few times, tossed 1 Ultra Ball, and that was it. I barely had it in the red, too. The Regi's I had to nearly kill and throw a fortune in Ultras and Timers at to finally catch. Latias practically WANTED to be caught. :)

Regi's angered the bejeebus out of me. I saved in front of course, and i wasted 72 ultraballs on regirock, then ran out. I restart the game, fifth ultraball - regirock has been caught.

Anyway, now id use it on latios, raquaza isnt even all that great

Last edited:
the thing is, you have to use it on the one's you meet at random. rayquaza can be exploited by a high spc def poke, like milotic. just be sure not to kill him with an ice beam. and have recover handy. i try not using the masterball ever.

Here's an update. I've caught Latios and Rayquaza! And I didn't use my Master Ball!!!

Saturday, I finally got to use my EON ticket. I went to the Southern Island expecting Latios to be easy. Boy, was I wrong! I didn't catch him until Sunday sometime! One time, he actually had me use up every Ultra and Timer Ball I had, along with a few Great Balls out of desperation (just to tease me, he let a Great Ball nearly catch him...). That time, Gardnevoir actually used up all of its PP in Hypnosis and still no capture. The next time, I went and bought 20 more Ultra and Timer Balls...and caught him with like the 4th Ultra I tossed. Stupid Legendary Dragon....

Last night, I went ahead and went after Rayquaza. After spending a good half hour or so trying to get over those cracks (stupid Mach Bike...) I finally got to Rayquaza. I guess the difficulty in getting to him made me lose my head, but I was actually trying to paralyze him at first! Or rather, paralyzing him and trying to catch him. After 3 times of doing that, I ended up bring up my Gardnevoir. Then, Rayquaza used Rest and it dawned on me that putting him asleep would be so much better. :) I accidentally killed him again that time. The next time, I started with Gardnevoir. Ray used Outrage. Gardnevoir survived Outrage before, so I wasn't worried...until I saw that it was a Crit.... :( The next time, though was the charm. Caught him right quick.

So far I've caught two of the RegiPkMn - one with a Pokeball, and the other with a Great Ball... RegiSteel is giving me fits, though.

I would suggest Ultras and Timers. :) I don't see how you caught RegiIce and RegiRock with less than an Ultra. :) All 3 of them cost me a small fortune in Ultra Balls and Timer Balls. :)

i dun use timer ball's; they have a capture rating of up to 3 but u have to hold out for a long time before that

League Leader Terry said:
I would suggest Ultras and Timers. :) I don't see how you caught RegiIce and RegiRock with less than an Ultra. :) All 3 of them cost me a small fortune in Ultra Balls and Timer Balls. :)

Really, truly! I just went at it to see what was possible (after reading about conquests with Poke and Great balls at a Swiss site), and got lucky I suppose.

If Your going to catch Latios/Latias and it has just a sliver of health left, get a team of Wobbufett (level 20 and up) alot of balls and you'll be set! I tried this Strategy. It works great! ;) Hope I helped!

This is how i caught the lati's:

1. Raise a wobbufet to level 60+
2. use whatever strategy you use to run into latias/latios.
3. weaken it like you've never weakened something before.
4. throw balls like theres no romorrow.

Back