Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lightning Sword Deck Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I appreciated all the help I got on my Rosey deck on here. My son did not appreciate all the help I got, because it was at his expense :smile: So, I promised him I'd drop his latest deck creation on here and get some advice on it. So here goes:

Pokemon (23)
2 - Electabuzz (TR70)
2 - Electivire (TR20)
2 - Jirachi (RR7)
2 - Magnemite (TR68)
2 - Magneton (TR43)
2 - Magnezone Prime (TR96)
3 - Scyther (UD36)
2 - Scizor Prime (UD84)
1 - Scizor (UD7)
2 - Rotom (UD20)
1 - Raikou Prime (HGSS19 Promo)
2 - Zangoose (PL66)

Energy (16)
3 - Special Metal Energy (UD80)
3 - Basic Metal Energy
10 - Basic Lightning/Electric Energy

Trainers/Supporter/Stadium (21)
2 - Professor Elm's TM (CL82)
3 - Team Rocket's Trickery (UD78)
2 - Emcee's Chatter (UL73)
2 - Pokemon Communication (HS98)
1 - Pokegear (HS96)
2 - Rare Candy (UL82)
2 - Switch (HS102)
2 - Interviewer's Questions (UL77)
1 - Expert Belt (AR87)
2 - Flower Shop Lady (UD74)
2 - Pokemon Collector (HS97)

Not sure about his strategy, as he's still learning but from what I've seen so far:
The main goal is to get Scizor Prime and Magnezone fully fueled on the bench using Jirachi, Raikou and Zangoose as the stalls. His ideal starter appears to be either Jirachi or Zangoose.

The 2 Rotom were put in there as both a Azelf Replacement (Mischievous Trick Poke Power allows the switching of prize cards with the top card of the deck) and for Plasma arrow against a high energy benched or defending pokemon for late in the game (Does 20 damage for each energy attached to any pokemon, benched or defending for only 1 Lightning Energy).

The Non-Prime Scizor (UD7) was put into the deck to protect against those Umbreon Moonlight Fang attacks, as all of these pokemon, excluding Raikou and Electabuzz/Electivire, have Poke-Body or Powers.

I think that should give everyone the general idea. My only Trainer/Supporter suggestion to him so far is to drop the FSL's and change it with either 2 Fisherman or 2 Palmer's Contribution, or 1 of each. My other suggestion to him was to not only drop the FSL's but to drop the Electivire chain completely and add both 2 Fisherman and 2 Palmer's.

Any thoughts on the deck in general? Ideas for improvement are greatly appreciated/welcomed. Thanks.

Electivire isn't needed...
I had a deck around it, and it takes to much time to set up by itself. (it was empoleon FB, smoochum, frosslass, and electivire. frosslass=FANTASTIC stall)
It's too difficult to set up enough to be effective. And there are too many decks out that use little/no energy.
I'd say:
-1 Zangoose
-2-2 Electivire
-2 Lightining Energy
-1 Raikou (not so) prime

+2 Palmer's
+1 Fisherman
+1 Basic Metal
+1 Special Metal
+2 Jirachi
+1 Any T/S that you feel needed...

He needs a definate optimal start and try and max taht.
I chose Jirachi (I just love it.) And, Zangoose seems more of a stall/dragon counter...
Seems like a fun starter deck! But, definately needs some work (nearly every T/S/S needs to be beefed up or replaced by something better. I.E petm--> Bebe's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back