Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Liquid Metal Mashers (Neo-EX RuSa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectreon

I am trying to keep this deck Modified + Nintendo cards. I have pulled 3 Reverse holo Metals in RuSa EX, so I figured why not (ab)use them?

22 Pokes
4 Aron (2 Rollout, all I have, 2 Gnaw, higher HP. will dorp 1 for Agron later)
3 Larion (1 Ram, 2 Magnitude)
2 Aggron (it is all I have:( Will up to 3 if I get one...Or EX in Sandstorm)
2 Onix (Prolloy Base/LC high HP, no more SI :()
2 Steelix (SK)
2 Staryu (not sure)
2 Starmie (SK, water)
1 Unown M (for Magnitude Larion)
2 Cleffa (Eeeeeeek)
1 Aipom (Genisis, it stays, do not suggest removing it!!!!!)
1 Pichu (keep away from Unown:eek:)

23Trainers
3 Elm
3 Copycat/Oaks Research (pends on what is handy)
1 Towns Volunteers
3 Gold Berries (any suggestion of Moo is ignored)
2 Energy Charge
2 Healing Feilds
1 Fisherman
2 Fan Club
3 Trader
3 Switch

15 Energy
4 Metal (duh!)
2 Warp Energy
7 Water
2 Boost (hit em hard and fast,before they see it coming)

Starmie is here to hit Fire decks, and hit them hard, can do 100 or 60+40 for each special energy to any weak to water. Metal is mostly for Aggron since he needs 2, and Steelix needs zero, thanks to body. May drop Steelix line entirely to add 3 Double gust and a 4th Gold Berry or Maybe add a Suicune non holo from neo3? whadda think?

Unown M is very cool, especially for this deck, but beware of Pichu -- 40HP + Pokemon Power = Pichu bait. Make sure you can easily counter Pichu if you plan to use Unown M (which I think you should). Starmie should help with that. On Copycat vs. Oak's Research, go for Copycat. Against most decks, Copycat will tend to get you at least as many cards as Oak's Research. Overall, looks like a good deck. Pokemon to Trainer ratio is a little strange, but that's what happens when you have a Stage 2, two Stage 1's, and a few support Basics. Only way to fix it would be to drop either the Starmie or Steelix line, and I don't really think that's necessary.

Don't forget to use poke. breeder
It's a MUST if you use a stage 2 pokemon

Remove a pokemon that have a poke. pwr if you use pichu.

Put some ER/SER to slow down your opponent

maikery this is a MF deck, read the WHOLE topic before you post,and breeder isnt necessary in this deck, unless you plan on using Aggrons first attack often. As for the deck, It looks good, but I would drop the whole steelix line, 2 lines which use metas isnt a good thing, you wont be able to power them up both, and in any case, Scizor would be a better choice than steelix. maximize on elm and copycat and the last 2 spaces, add in 2 double gust, also i dont think unown m is necessary, since you wont be attacking with lairon often, so drop it and with the three spaces, add in 3 double gusts. hope this helps....

*Actually Spectreon*

If you notice, I am using the Skyridge Steelix, the one with the power to change any energy card to steel type energy, so dont actually need Steel on it. If I had them, I would use the AQ one if I had enough, but they are in anotgher deck.... It only needs CC for its main attack. If I drop Larion for Breeder, I can pretty much drop the Unown M as well (Larion does 10 to ALL bench), but only have 2 Aggron right now, so will leaqve it as is.......

I tend to run too many decks, and find that a 3/3 on draw (Elm/Copycat) is generally enough, especially with Aipom to get them back..... but will prolly add Double Gust and maybe an extra Elm. A few decks around here like to run Steelix, especially AQ one that does 10 to =all, so N stays for protection.....

Cooltrainer Aaron said:
It seems to me that you are relying too much on trainer cards
Not at all. Actually, compared to many decks I build, he's a little low on Trainers. Many Modified decks have about this many Trainers, plus or minus 3, and many Unlimited decks have 25+. I only build Unlimited, though, which explains my first comment.

Last edited:
Like the deck.

I would recommend take The Steelix out though, not necessary, but if your afraid of fire put something else to take it's place.

The Staryu/Starmie line needs to go. If you can't get those Neo3 Suicuine that you need, I've been having some good success with Fossil/LC Articuno.

I would also give steelix the boot, and I would try to find something to replace Starmie like linoone. try a noosepass for Pichu or tyrouge.

Well, I dropped Steelix, added an extra 1-1 on Starmie. The deck still seems a bit sluggish... But having Aggron Powered is nothing to sneeze at. I am planning on dropping an Arron for an Agron EX, if I can get one. Let him do some grunt work too. I only had 2 Aggrons, which is hurting the deck a little. Am also considering adding in Sandstorm Larion and Aron in. The 40 HP Aron isnt helping much, need the extra 10 HP, especially with the new Feint attackers. Well, thanx for comments already given... more later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back