Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lock-down (NOT the Fossil theme deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrix_001

XD yeah, so I was commenting someone's Gyarados deck, and I decided... what if you could make a deck that ran AND could shut off Pokepowers AND Pokebodies? Well, so far the only Pokemon capable of shutting down Bodies would be the lati-twins (well, the only playable ones in this format). So naturally, Latias delta and some Latios (any) would be necessary. But what have we got now that can negate Powers? Well, the first thing that comes to mind would be the new Glaceon Lv. X, something that could punish Powers, with the drawback of being Active. o far, our lineup looks pretty solid, mostly water types, and maybe a couple of extra energy to fill in that typing gap. Aerodactyl is a nice possibility, being able to further punish powers, but it clashes with Glaceon's ability, and the whole point of this deck.

Further evolutions might be beneficial to keeping Glaceon around Longer (Vaporeon and Espeon for example) and might benefit the Call for Family Eevee's attack. Lastly, ***ardos, the popular Water type threat can be thrown in here to make use of his large sweeping ability.

So basically I have the Pokemon set up as follows:

Pokemon: 19
4 Eevee (CFF)
2 Glaceon (Snow Cloak)
2 Glaceon Lv. X
2 Espeon
2 Latias (GE)
1 Latias delta (Pokebody)
2 Latios delta (Pokebody)
2 Magikarp
2 Gyarados

The following Energy setup is to accomodate for the small variety of types involved in this deck. The Multi-energy is versatile enough to be used as a Water energy, or a Psychic for the Espeon, or in the very rare case, a fire energy for the GE Latias. Call energy helps with the Lati@s set up, bringing forth the Lati's to the bench. Lastly, The spread of 10-1-1 for the Water, Psychic and Fire accomodates for the Glaceon's attacks, Latias and Espeon's attacks.

Energy: 16
2 Multi Energy
8 Water Energy
2 Call Energy
2 Psychic Energy
2 Fire Energy

Lastly, Supporters, Trainers and Stadiums, that form the speed and draw power for the deck. Naturally, a Celios and Roseanne's Line can be used to help speed up the setup of the deck. Maybe to assist in the lock-down ability, a Cessation Crystal could be added to help stop the opposing Powers in enough time to set up, or at least be put on Gyarados when it goes up to bat, so as not to let Pokepowers run rampant. Warp Points are a necessity, switching into an injured Pokemon could be a vital way to get prizes, especially if you switch forth an ex. Night Maintenenaces for recovery (and because TSD is too expensive and too flippy for me). I think that Pokedex is an underused Trainer card, and has great potential, especially after worlds, so as such, I have to put in 4. Quick Ball is an idea, and speaking of pokeballs, Premier ball could possibly be used to accelerate and obtain a Glaceon Lv X from the deck. The last spot of the deck could be filled with a Copycat to even out the hand in a worse case scenario.

Supporters/Trainer's/Stadiums: 25
4 Roseanne’s Research
4 Celios Network
2 Cessation Crystal
3 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
4 Pokedex
3 Quick Ball
2 Premier Ball
1 Quick Ball

What does all this mean? Well, if established correctly, Glaceon Lv X/Lati@s can stall and block your opponent’s powers until you can setup a Gyarados for a massive sweep. The ideal setup is a CFF Eevee and a Call Energy or a Roseannes Research. Then set up a Glaceon Lv X and the Lati twins on the bench for board control. Lastly, if you need more firepower, set up a damaged Gyarados for a heavy sweeper. Espeon can help Glaceon stay on the board longer, or can reflect energies to your benched Pokemon (Latias GE) to hit for a heavy attack as well.

Feel free to comment and give any suggestions to the deck.

if you put out latilock then it shuts off your glaceon lv. X and gyrados. Good try though.

Ok, so i understand the tactic here. Stop P-Bodies and P-Powers, but while your long set up process happens, how are you going to stop attacks, or take them for that matter?

Poké-Body: Dual Aura: As long as you have Latios or Latios ex in play, each player's Evolved Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-ex) can't use any Poké-Bodies.

each player

Well, the idea is to be versatile and be ready for any situation, so that if bodies are my problem, then I can use the Lati twins, and if my problem is powers, i can stop them with Glaceon. The setup on a good game should be no more than 2 turns. First turn: eevee, call energy, Lati twins, or CFF. 2nd turn Premier Ball, celios for Gleacon/Glaceon Lv X BAM setup.

What would I use the Crystal beach for? The only things it affects are the DRE's and Scrambles, and even then it's not nearly useful enough, as Scramble is a light switch, and DRE drops the attack power of the attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back