Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

lol wut??? Speed Gigas takes the TOP 4! :O

Spirit Of Mew

Ok so some of you have seen my previous report about my Speed Regigigas Deck, welll.... Last week I played it again going a so-so 3-2, not bad but the changes I made ended up hurting me.
Finally I've settled on a list that I decided to use today :)

Today was the Mansfield Ohio BR 5 rounds for masters with a top 4 cut

Round 1: Scizor
I DID NOT expect to see this, it set up super quick and me having both my gigas and Azelf prized... I was left defensless

0-1

So I kind of expected this because I've honestly only been playing this deck for fun with no expectations.

Round 2: SableLock

SPs are a very simple match up for me in general. I set up quickly (turn 2) like expected and began my stream of prizes from there. He did manage to put up a fight and take 4 prizes himself but eventually time was called and it went past our 3 turns giving me the win.

1-1

Ok so the next two rounds I may get mixed up or something because I Don't remember the order they went in, please forgive me :)

Round 3: VileGar

You would think this would be my worst match up right? Interestingly enough I set up VERY quickly, taking several prizes before his gengar was able to set up. Thankfully since I play banette, I was able to manipulate my hand to not have any trainers at all, leaving him to have to hit my bench for the damage. After he hit tails on his fainting spell I pretty much new the game was over as I only had 2 prizes left to take from that point. The game went to time and 3 turns but I still pulled it out and won. It was a great and well played game though.

2-1

Round 4: Umbreon/Espeon

Considering the fact that the only pokemon in my deck that didn't have a power or body was shuppet, I had a hard time with this match up. We exchanged prizes for a few turns while she tried to set up Umbreon after my power lock. We eventually made it to time and I put her umbreon to sleep with shuppet and it couldn't wake up. My next turn I took the KO with my regigigas.

3-1

Round 5: SableLock

I actually kind of felt bad for the guy, I set up rapidly while he only manage to pull a prize or two. After my 3 turn power lock I held on him he scooped since he had nothing left to do.

4-1

WOOT!!! So I mad top 4 and placed in the 3rd seed spot!

Top 4: SP Toolbox type deck

Game 1:
We went back and forth on prizes it seemed almost every turn. I flipped heads on my gigaton punch though giving me the last prize

Game 2:
The same thing happened, only he got the last prize rather than me

Time was called after this, so we were placed into a sudden death game with one prize each

Game 3:
He got an early Azelf and locked my Chatot while using Expert belt and got me within 3 turns, well played

So top 4!!! Not bad I must say :)

My current Record out of 3 BRs with this deck is 11-7 nothing for me to complain about with it being a fun deck and all. Plus it took me till now to finally settle on a list :p

So I definitely had a great time!!! I believe I will continue on with this deck into the cities series and see where it goes from there

P.S. No I will not give you my list please do not ask. I was vague in my report for a purpose. :thumb:

~Ryne

Last edited:
Back