Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Look at me now V.2 - Magnezone - Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-3-3-1 Magnezone (3 Prime/1 Super Connectivity)
1-1 Donphan Prime
2 Regirock LA
1 Uxie LA
3 Spiritomb AR
1 Unown Q
1-1 Blissey PL
1 Azelf LA
1 Skuntank G
--------------------- 24 Pokemon
3 Warp Energy
6 Electric Energy
8 Fight Energy
--------------------- 17 Energy

3 Broken Time Space
2 Rare Candy
3 Bebe's Search
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Seeker
1 Warp Point
2 Judge
2 Expert Belt
---------------------- 19 T/S/S

This is an interesting version of the deck, took out my Machamp line, added a Donphan tech in case of LuxChomps and the Mirror if needed. Teched in some Sunnyshore and a Skuntank G. Took out the Expert Belts since VileGar and LuxChomp are heavily played in my area. Thanks for any help from anyone!

Last edited:
-2 rescue eng +2 warp point for easier prizes. plus this deck doesnt rely on recovery.

Last edited:
it just seems to me like the bare magnezone/regirock with a blissey pl is more efficient than with the machamp involved after my own playtesting...killing machamp once with uxie x is almost seriously easier than killing magnezone prime once with anything at all, so I find it makes the starts worse and lets luxchomp beat you more rather than less

Champ is interesting but imho ruins the consistency of the deck. I'd say if you're into Machamp, just play Machamp. Magnerock has a solid matchup against most SP decks as is so I don't see the point. I prefer 4 Spiritombs, but I state this to pretty much everyone. Again, its a matter of preference, but I know my friend only ran 3.

I like the Blissey. Gives the deck a very unique kick and another option to get fighting in the discard pile, though you are walking on thin ice not playing a Skuntank G + Sunyshore Gym's. Without Skuntank you're sitting at a very dangerous 30-70 against Vilegar, and without Sunyshore, you have no chance of winning Machamp (of course unless you keep your Machamp build in which its a little more favorable but not by much. Still doesn't help your Vilegar match)

I like the 7-7-4 (Lightning/Fighting/Warp) ratio for energies. Gives you 18 Energies which is 3 energies per KO (150 HP), or less depending on what you run into. If you run less than this amount, you compromise your late game heavily.

Supporters are preference with each player, so whatever works for you, though I definitely think you need 2 Sunyshore's in this deck or you autoloss to Champ.

Also.. No Azelf? Fix that problem or you will hate yourself when you find half of your engine is prized. Or magically that Machoke that was in your prizes hm hm?

Ok. I don't like the machamp in here... too clunky and takes up 6 needed spots. My advise for SP decks?
1-1 or 2-2 of a Mewtwo LvX (it can't be hit by unevolved pokes)
It'd take up (if you run a 1-1) 2 pokemon slots, 3 energy slots (those will be lost zoned anyways, thanks to zone) and that leaves you room for an azelf.
SO.
-2-2-2 Machamp
+1-1 Mewtwo LvX
+3 Psychic Energy
+1 Azelf

Hope this helps. :)

Hmmm, how does anyone think of a Donphan tech in this deck? Just for some LuxChomp matches and a easy going Pokemon to get out.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will definitely test those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back