Look at this!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by Fawkes0126, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Let me know what you think of this card! ;)

Shining Gengar
    120 HP (P)
    Weakness: none
    Resistance: none
    Retreat cost: (C)

Poke-BODY
    Ultimate Revenge
    If Shining Gengar is almost knocked out, knock out two of your opponents pokemon and draw four prizes.

(P)(P) Control
    The defending Pokemon is now asleep and poisoned. 30

(P)(P)(P) Cripple
    This attack does 20 damage times the number of pokemon in yours and your opponent's discard piles.

P.S. Does anyone know how to get images from Paint onto here?

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Judging by the ;) I assume (and hope) you're kidding. The card is redulously overpowered.

As for getting cards on here, you can upload them to a server and then linking to it.

3. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Actually, I like this card and don't appreciate your attitude. "I hope you're kidding"? How rude! If you're going to say it like that, please don't even post. :(

4. Pokemonboy2003

Pokemonboy2003 New Member

1 thing, paint sucks, dont use paint, 2nd, This IS broken.

5. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

broken?

6. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Excessively overpowered. The card does way too much damage at way too low a cost. Elso, you might want to define "almost knocked out." Is that 10 HP left? 20 HP?

7. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yoshi assumed you were kidding because you used the "wink" smiley.
    I don't blame him for thinking that.
    The card is overpowered.

30 damage AND two different Special conditions for just 2 colored energy?

A probable 100 plus damage for 3 colored?

Also, all of the Shining cards have mulitcolored attacks. Yours does not fit that pattern.

8. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Well, I meant from 10-30 HP left. Also, what's so bad about a powerful card? I must inquire as to the purpose of this section of the site! Is it here so we may ONLY make cards that fit specifically into some kind of Pokemon company-made boundaries?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  9. dkates

dkates New Member

Granted, but many of the people who frequent this forum (like me) like to see people make cards that would be playable. Of course, some don't, and sometimes whole sets of cards are made that could never even be played.

10. You have to specify that. We can't read your mind.

Anyone and their mother can make an over-powered card. It takes skill to come up with something that's powerful enough to be worth playing, yet still fits in the enviroment well.

Something over powered can be slammed out in 15 seconds, few people really like those cards. =/

11. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Well, I must be one of those few, but here goes nothing.

Shining Mewtwo
    80 HP
    Weakness: (G)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat cost: (C)(C)

Poke-BODY Eliminate
    Every time damage is done to Shining Mewtwo, you may transfer one damage counter from one of your opponent's pokemon to a different one.

(P) Manipulate 20

(P)(P)(P) Demolish 40
    Move 2 damage counters from Shining Mewtwo to the defending pokemon.

Is that any better?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  12. dkates

dkates New Member

This one's more interesting. I don't understand the Grass Weakness, and you still don't have multi-colored attacks (Demolish could easily be something like (P)(F)(L)). Still, I like it.

13. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

sorry about the energies. I thought I forgot something. Anyway, my logic behind the grass weakness is that in the games they (Mew and Mewtwo) had a weakness, slight, but a weakness just the same, to bug pokemon.