Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Looking for help prepping against the chicago metagame

jigglejuice

Hello,

I am a player from Wisconsin. Due to our extremely low number of city championships I have now starting preparing my schedule for states in March. Due to where I live, the Wisconsin state championships will be held 4.5 hours drive one way from my house. Therefore I have elected to attend the Chicago states 1.5 hours away. If you are from Chicago I would be interested in learning the popular decks in your area to better prepare. I realize the release of Next Destinies by states may shift the metagame a bit, but it can't hurt being prepared for the outcome that those cards don't catch on in Chicago. So what is popular in Chicago at the moment?

-Jigglejuice

Hello,

I am a player from Wisconsin. Due to our extremely low number of city championships I have now starting preparing my schedule for states in March. Due to where I live, the Wisconsin state championships will be held 4.5 hours drive one way from my house. Therefore I have elected to attend the Chicago states 1.5 hours away. If you are from Chicago I would be interested in learning the popular decks in your area to better prepare. I realize the release of Next Destinies by states may shift the metagame a bit, but it can't hurt being prepared for the outcome that those cards don't catch on in Chicago. So what is popular in Chicago at the moment?

-Jigglejuice

It is still alittle ways offs, plus you can attend both if you want to.

"Hey guys I'm coming to your states...so what ya'll playing so I know how to beat it?"

Probably not going to get very many straight forward answers.

The best way to prepare for an event that you don't know the metagame for is to just look at what is winning, and that will be the best approximation of it.

If you are unsure of what the metagame is, then the answer is simple. Go with something that's consistant and has a good matchup against most popular decks.
Posted with Mobile style...

"Hey guys I'm coming to your states...so what ya'll playing so I know how to beat it?"

Probably not going to get very many straight forward answers.

Sums up my thoughts pretty much...kinda naive if you think people are gonna be that helpful without giving you trolling responses.

You should play Durant. Down here we only play rogue :p

But really, I don't even know what the meta's like down here, you'll probably get better responses after the marathon this week.

Haha I suppose it was a bit silly to think I would get much assistance. Can't knock a guy for trying though :p There is no way I can go to Wisconsin States. Assuming that I hit no traffic I am looking at around 9 and a half to 10 hours of driving counting there and back. Plus going to Chicago is exciting for me. I feel like a viking invading another country. Coming from Wisconsin to take the Chicago trophy back home. See you guys there ^_~

Haha I suppose it was a bit silly to think I would get much assistance. Can't knock a guy for trying though :p There is no way I can go to Wisconsin States. Assuming that I hit no traffic I am looking at around 9 and a half to 10 hours of driving counting there and back. Plus going to Chicago is exciting for me. I feel like a viking invading another country. Coming from Wisconsin to take the Chicago trophy back home. See you guys there ^_~

Should put together a road trip with some buds or see if any other players in your area are going, make it a full fledged invasion lol.

Bringing 4 friends with me. That car is going to be PACKED. We already swore a pact that everybody would shower the night before -_-

Back