Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Los Angeles CC Marathon 2011 - Official Info

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Greetings Pokemon Players!
Your organizers doomsday24, Chrisbo, GreatFox and bulbasnore present to you the:
Los Angeles City Championship Marathon
In this thread you will find all the information and links for the Marathon City Championships.

What is it?

A 'marathon' is a series of consecutive premiere events designed to let you maximize your competitive fun and championship points! This marathon consists of 6 city championships in 6 days in the Los Angeles area. Up to 36 Championship points can be earned at this marathon. However, hours and hours of competition and fun are available to everyone who attends. Can't make them all? Come for those you can attend.

When is it?

These 6 City Championships will be held
December 26-31, one each day. Their start times and locations, of course, vary, so be sure to note the differences in the listing below.

Where is it?

Well, Los Angeles, of course. If you're not from the area, you should know that the area is as big as some states, so you or your group should have a car. If you're looking for lodging, I'd say the Pasadena area looks like the play. View the map.

Why is it?
We like to think we have some of the best players in the game around here. We'd like to see them have the chance to prove it, and for that we need to get them opportunities to win points. On behalf of the four organizers represented, that's the why.

How and why do I pre-register?
Pre-registration guarantees your seat at the event until the registration close time. Why is this important? Because you don't want to come a long way to the Marathon and have to show up hours early just to get a seat. Some organizers don't flight their events (bulbasnore) so pre-reg is even more important there.

Here's a list of number of players that can be accommodated at one sitting at each event and a link to the pre-registration page (when it goes live):

All locations where pre-registration tickets are sold out have more seats available for on-site registration.
(more edits to come)

Last edited:
The important thing is to make this first Marathon a success. The organizers, Miguel, Chris, David and myself will be busting it to make these events solid, fun and have some extra goodies.

However, the events won't be a success without solid attendance.

As Ricky G was telling me yesterday, the extra players not only provide more points, but create more swiss rounds, evening out the 'bad draw' games that we all know happen because of the randomness in our decks.

What can you do to get those good additional rounds?

1. Support _this_ marathon with your attendance, if you're a local and would like to see one in the area next year.
  2. Bring out your friends that ate too much turkey, want to watch TV, just got the latest MW3 for Christmas or loaded the latest WOW patch after finals. That stuff is around anytime, but these CCs are this week only.
  3. Offer rides. You can't do ridesharing posts here on the Gym but you can IRL and on Facebook, etc.
I feel that the local players are fantastic players of the game, friendly and know what to do to help the events move along. So, just show up in force, with all our pals, to make sure the number of rounds is strong for the sake of points and fun, competitive play.

Awesome. Gotta talk to Dave at some point. I'm gonna try to bring atleast one or two of my school friends to the Tournaments

Well, I know that I didn't mess up the pre-reg stuff up since I got the first ticket order! : D

And WOW, didn't expect it to be up here so fast, awesome!

is it just me or is the link for lancaster pre-reg unavailable. Also is there no pre-registration for fountain valley?

Fixed the link for Lancaster and added the one for Fountain Valley

If the Dec 28 location was changed to Upland, you should change the info on the page at
http://secondcitygym.com/premiereevents/los-angeles-area-city-championship-marathon-is-on
(Or is Rancho Cucamonga correct?) The pre-reg ticket says Upland.

Pokemon.com just updated it, so its Upland now.

Just finished pre-registering for the Lancaster event
:thumb:

Me, too!

Already done.

Also, it's only been two days and already have half of the 70 pre-reg slots taken. Got to say that I am very pleased with the results so far. Keep it up! :thumb:

And they said no one would show up on New Years eve. Pfft.

OTOH, pre-reg doesn't mean showing up (*looks down at pre-reg list for Chatsworth*).

And remember to bring chairs. And a jacket.

And they said no one would show up on New Years eve. Pfft.

OTOH, pre-reg doesn't mean showing up (*looks down at pre-reg list for Chatsworth*).

And remember to bring chairs. And a jacket.

That is pretty much what I want to be able to say to James at league on Friday. :lol:

He isn't kidding about the jacket either, it's been pretty darn cold up here lately so be ready lol.

Can i pre-register for a friend or does he have to make a player i.d. and then fill in a pre-reg. order?
Posted with Mobile style...

Back