Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lost Gengar Revised [MD+]

Kagami

I've revised my list, with changes to increase the speed but I have some consistency and
speed troubles. I think 3 Lost World may be too much, and maybe an increase in twins would help.
I tried Blaziken FB > Absol G X but Absol G has more synergy with the deck. I have considered the
generic Palkia G X option, but I'm not confident in starting with it, or how I'd retreat it, or even if it's worth it.

20/
3-2-3-1 Gengar Prime
1-1 Absol G LV.X
1 Mew Prime
3 Spiritomb
1 Unown Q
1 Ditto
1 Azelf
2 Uxie

27/
3 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Lost World
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Seeker
2 Twins
1 Looker's Investigation
2 Rare Candy
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball

13/
9 Psychic
2 Special Dark
2 Rescue Energy

My general strategy is to get Gengar out and running in a short amount of time, lost zoning one to
two Pokemon every turn with Hurl into Darkness. Ditto is used to Seeker + Ditto Bench so that the
given Pokemon has to stay in there hand if, for example I need to mess with their setup and can't
hurl into darkness. He also helps later in the game by forcing them to keep or shuffle away their Pokemon for fear of Gengar. This is, of course, best case scenario.

With a Spiritomb-Collecter-Gastly T1 Going second, I would Collector for Uxie, Unown Q, and Absol
G, then Spiritomb's Darkness Grace to evolve Gastly into haunter, if I do not get Rare Candy Gengar
Psychic Energy with Uxie and a switch of Spiritomb.

I play Gengar LV.X to hurt SP and other LV.X decks that still linger, as well as the HP boost and third attack that I rarely use.

Mew Prime is a good card for mirror matches and bad starts, as when they lost zone Gengar I can lost zone one of theirs. When I start with Mew I can Lost Zone a spiritomb and evolve a gastly or a haunter.

I have some troubles with consistency in playtesting, and if my opponent is playing Absol G LV.X I can have trouble getting around it.

Like I said before, Palkia G X is an idea, but I worry about it being too clunky.

Have you ever thought of using a Spiritomb TM/Mr. Mime CL combo? You could use the Spiritomb to make them reshuffle their hand before they're able to get the Pokemon out of their hand, and use Mr. Mime to show it to you, so you know how much energy you need to place to get rid of as many pokemon as you can without wasting a turn.

I LOVE the idea of using Ditto to minimize spaces for Pokemon. Let me know how it works out for you when you playtest it, since I was considering using it in my deck. :) Loving the use of the Mew to get around mirrors.

Personally though, I think Absol is just going to slow down what you're trying to do. The whole point of LostGar's strategy is to use your stadium to win, and to not draw any prize cards. Taking turns to do damage kinda takes away from the use of the stadium. Is there something you're using Absol to specifically prevent against?

Here are my suggestions:

-1 Lost World (because this should only be played when you're ready to win-- and you can Twins it to your hand)
-2 Scoop Ups
-1 Pokemon Communication

+2 Twins
+1 BTS
+1 Rare Candy

You could probably even exchange your flower shop lady for a Palmer's, just so it gives to the flexibility to pick up energy or pokemon-- whichever and which quantities you need more.

I tried them but they just ended up being way too much work to get out than for the benefit,
Ditto works pretty well though, Mew too. You should play them! They are an incredible amount of fun.

Ditto wins me matches against Magnezone, and can hamper VileGar before they get setup.

I like the idea of 4 Twins and the rare candy. BTS might be helpful too, thanks!

I pulled a Mew the last time I went to a league, so I'll give Mew a shot. :)

VileGar hasn't been doing well lately at my league (too many people playing DialgaChomp and power spraying Gengar Lv. X)-- I actually reformatted my old VileGar deck to play LostGar, since it was too expensive for any of my other regular league players to own yet. (Everyone is so stingy with their Gengars! No one wants to trade them-- I had to buy mine). Luckily, Gengar Prime's HP is pretty high to withstand getting hit with a number of trainers/supporters/stadiums in my hand.

You're actually seeing people play Magnezone at your league? I've never seen anyone play it around here, to be honest. I'll be sure to look at one more closely if I get the chance.

When I played against my boyfriend, Twins was definitely my best supporter. Since the aim wasn't to take any prize cards at all, you could almost always use it. I always had BTS on the field to help me along until I had six in the lost zone, then would play Lost World.

I just posted on my old deck thread in the forum, I'd greatly appreciate any advice you can give me on it. Mine's a little different, but I'm still playing around with it to see what works.

Yeah, a good friend of mine plays Magnezone to some success. People are talking about it being
a pretty good deck, around here at least.

You will end up not using Mew much, but when you do it will be for benefit, as free retreat is very
helpful and LostGar decks don't do actual damage, just damage counters.

Back