Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lucario Tin Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

manicgiraffe

I just screwed up big-time. I had no idea the European and US Lucario Tins had different contents. Maybe I'm the only person on the planet this stupid, but I've now really lost out.

So the purpose of my post is:
Why were they different?
And did everyone else know?

US (and presumably the Americas) Lucario Tin
3x SW, 1x MT

UK (and presumably rest of EU) Lucario Tin
3x MT, 1x DP

What makes it worse, is that plenty of US Poke stuff is sold in the UK (we get imports of packs in some of the high street as soon as they're released in the US) and you've no idea which you're getting. Normally it doesn't make any real difference to the consumer. Plus without the presence of an LD, there wasn't an official line on the tins. No one to ask, and no SW.
:(

MG

Well, is SW even released in Europe? I thought they were a set behind or something, hence why they would have MT packs instead of SW.

We already have SW in Europe, there was a delay of 3-4 weeks with America. In Europe the next set will be launched middle February. I geuss to be up to speed with the US around DP5, according to my calculations. Most of our stuff is imported out of America too, so we do not really experience any problems, besides having to wait for a month to play the cards.

SW is released in my country, yeah.
I'm a judge and TO. I'd kinda suck if I didn't even know what was legal ;/

Yes, TSD. There's only so many packs of MT worth going through to get one, though! And TSD doesn't build a deck alone, I need Pokes and the good ones are in SW.
MG

It might be that the tin was released too close to the regular set though, I suppose. The tins are a sort of discount keep-the-set-selling thing aren't they.

Meh.
MG

SW is released in my country, yeah.
I'm a judge and TO. I'd kinda suck if I didn't even know what was legal ;/

Yes, TSD. There's only so many packs of MT worth going through to get one, though! And TSD doesn't build a deck alone, I need Pokes and the good ones are in SW.
MG

Blissey is in MT

And Absol, Gallade, Furret, Gardevoir X and some not so insignificant trainers are in SW. If my tins were the same as US tins, I'd be getting MT anyway. I just wouldn't get so many. And who wants DP packs now?

Well, at least I'm getting that it wasn't common knowledge.

No TSD out of them yet...
MG

Things in secret wonders generally accepted as decent/popular

Absol
Banette
Bebe's Search
Darkness Energy?
Electrode?
Electivire
Furret
Gallade
Gardevoir
Gardevoir LvX
Honchcrow LvX
Kirlia
Magmar
Magmortar
Minun
Oak's Visit
Rowan
Roseanne's
Ralts
Spinda?
Mars
Sentret
Voltorb?

That's a nice long list not to mention a lot of the cards combo with each other (Absol, Mars, Honchrow) (Banette/Minun) and such. It's completly fair to feel hard done by to end up with MT/DP packs even if it's out of minor carelessness. SW is undeniably better than both MT and DP.

minor carelessness

LOL. That made me laugh. It was delicately put. :biggrin: Aw, come on, where's the great UK TCG resource I'm supposed to consult?! I use Pokebeach ffs!

The tins even carry a uselessly ambiguous sticker that doesn't actually tell you what's in them. I reserve the right to be a bit peed off.
MG

Well, I hope that you get some decent pulls and can use them plus the Lv X's to trade for the SW cards that you do want.

I cannot remember if the US tins specify which packs are inside or not. Anyone?

You guys can consider yourself lucky. German Tins come with only three booster packs (while retailing at a higher price than yours, too).

Really? And they're the official tins?

Its surprising that they would bother to package different versions across Europe; sounds like it would just cost more. Or are they German-language cards? I suppose they have to be printed, packed and promoted separately.

Es tut mir leid :/

Here, where we can just import US cards, that's exactly what people are doing. I was a bit surprised to come back from the xmas break to find out two of my juniors had done it though. They're little kids, and they've gone all internet price savvy
MG

I'm holding my tin and the sticker reads:

Pokémon Trading Card Game

Boost Your Fighting Aura with the Pokémon TCG: Lucario Collector's Tin!

Emanate your playing powers when you add this specially designed Pokémon Trading Card Game: Collector's Tin to your collection! With four booster packs and a powerful Lucario foil card to expand your game, you'll sense victory every time you play! Collect to trade, trade to play... play to win!

In this tin you'll find:

4 Pokémon TCG: Diamond and Pearl series booster packs

A cool Lucario foil promo card

A great window design for displaying your favourite card!

www.go-pokemon.com

copyright info, CE marks, ISBN, image of lucario

I've been using the "cool Lucario foil promo card" and it hasn't been letting me "sense victory every time I play". Is it that "cool" anyway? Lies, all lies :)

... doesn't take much sensing when your opponent leaps up in the air after smashing your deck with cards that you've never seen from SW,

"Hm, my spidey-senses are tinging. Oh, you won already?"

I'd also like to take to task that
The Lying Tin said:
great window design for displaying your favourite card!
and ask how many people have tried to devise a method for keeping a card in the right place for the window, and given up covered in tape?

So, yeah, anyone want a tin? I'll open a selling thread!
IIRC multiple Chimecho is not a good pull.

MG *getting grumpier by the tin*

I know what WILL cheer you up...

At least the promos aren't bent like the tin promos were in previous years!

I'd also like to take to task that and ask how many people have tried to devise a method for keeping a card in the right place for the window, and given up covered in tape?

We just save the black insert that was originally holding the promo. Just be careful placing your card in and out of the indentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back