Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Lucario Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netpix

So I made this deck that I will be using from now on (i still don't have some cards) and i'll think it will be some kind of the different decks I'm seeing that will be the most used in this format. So here goes;

4-4 Lucario CoL
2 Absol Prime
3 Mew Prime
4 Relicanth
1 Cinccino
1 Zoroark
1 Bouffalant

3 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Professor Juniper
4 Pokémon Collector
4 Pokémon Communication
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Twins
4 Energy Exchanger
1 Flower Shop Lady
3 Switch (i guess they will be useful somehow)

3 Rescue Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
2 Rainbow Energy
3 Psychic Energy
2 Special Darkness Energy

Strategy:

Basically the idea is to start with Relicanth. One energy, I drop a pokemon to Lost Zone and I draw 3 cards. Nice draw power and I start to power-up Lucario. Then I let it be knocked out, and then I make use of twins to get the cards I want. Pokemon Collector will be very useful to get Mew, Absol and Riolu. The rest of the Relicanth will be destined to go to Lost Zone to help power-up Lucario. Using Mew Poké-body, it can use the attacks of both lost zone's pokemon. Cinccino with a double cololess can do 100 damage. Zoroark can be very useful to counter gengar prime, and so absol (if you can't win, then draw!). Bouffalant can be used from the bench, or can go to lost zone as well, Absol must be 2nd pokemon. if not, mew will take its place, until lucario gets boosted. I think 4 pokemon in the lost zone will be enough by now. Then it's just brute force with lucario and beat'em. Energy Exchanger will be very nice to get double cololess energies or even psychic or darkness energies.

And that's all folks!

(Opinions please)

Mewcario is a fun deck to run, but dont expect to do too well competitively, as it simply does not hit hard enough. New format is all about OHKO attacking, seeing as everything good is kill or be killed.

All i have to say is -1 switch, -1 Juniper, -1 pont, +3 cleffa. My friend runs thus, and it is extremely useful for speeding up your start.
Posted with Mobile style...

But I have relicanth to start, and it even sends my pokemon to lost zone. Don't see how it could fit in the deck

Kill or be Killed, what you need is another Zoroark and also a Bouffalant, in a Prize exchange or slugfest against stuff such as Zekrom, Magnezone, Cincinno and Emboar, foul play is gonna rock (be careful of bolt strike since it backfires at mew for 80 damage). Get rid of absol prime, since the strategy wont work, you said it earlier relicanth will do the LZing.

Focus solely in LZing Lucario and Zoroark as soon as the game starts. include blackbelts for revenge killing against donphan, add a draw engine aswell.

Lucario with 2 pokemon on the lost zone will do the work. About zoroark, it can be good to counter gengar prime, and the fact that using bolt strike will counter mew with 80 damage is a good thing to remember. Reshiram and Emboar, yes that will be another story. Emboar is a huge tank, so as reshiram, and the only way to beat 'em is using mew. That's why I put Zoroark, so I can OHKO Emboar. Reshiram, on the other side, will be more tough to OHKO (if I have a pluspower than it's done) but I think that will take consistency out of the deck.

But I have relicanth to start, and it even sends my pokemon to lost zone. Don't see how it could fit in the deck

Run them both. It works.

---------- Post added 06/20/2011 at 08:30 AM ----------

Gengar prime is also not going to be extremely big in this format. Too Slow to set up and easy to take out. I have yet to see a quick hgss-on lostgar.

Before I help with the deck I need to ask... Do you plan on just using Mew for Zoroark and Cinccino's attacks?

No. The first mew will be to send pokemon to lost zone. the other 2 yes will be for using zoroark and cinccino's attacks. They can send pokemon to the lost zone as well, but that if I'm in a urgency

I just wanted to make sure since you didn't have the basics for them.

Okay, try this;

- 1 PETM
- 1 Energy Exchanger
- 1 Switch
- 2 Absol Prime
- 1 Twins
- 2 Special Dark

+ 1 Mew Prime
+ 2 Prof Juniper
+ 2 Psychic
+ 1 Crobat Prime
+ 1 Muk Undaunted
+ 1 Espeon CoL

This should give you a huge range of options with Mew for 1 Psychic. Also gives you more hand refresh. Lastly 2 more Psychic since you no longer need dark.

Late game strategies, that only works for bulky pokemon... Nice try but is not good at all.

The original combo was neat, if you dont want to risk with plus power, try blackbelt, I guess you are gonna be losing in prizes before you manage to fight back.

Non prime crobat can be nasty since it confuses the oponent, but with so many switches per deck is an unworthy risk, you can also try krookodile torment for a 1-2 against reshiram..

Last edited:
You know, yesterday I watched the Crobat Prime, and I found it quite useful you know... And indeed it only needs one psychic energy to attack. I think I'm getting your point, but Absol should be more useful in the begining of the game because it takes 70 damage and sends one of my pokemon to the lost zone. I think that by using mew instead of absol will slow down my game and my opponent then gets ready much sooner, and mew only has 60 HP. However having all those guys in the lost zone would be great because of the many situations that I may encounter. Now I'm just trying to see how it would work, because lucario would be put somewhat aside since he is the main face of the deck. Please tell me your opinion

---------- Post added 06/20/2011 at 07:53 PM ----------

Well I have krookodile but will it really fit the deck? Will it give consistency? I don't know. It would be good for a blocker and all but... dunno. After all there are switches all over the place. I thought in the blackbelts when I was constructing the deck for some extra power but what can I take off?

Last edited:
You know, yesterday I watched the Crobat Prime, and I found it quite useful you know... And indeed it only needs one psychic energy to attack. I think I'm getting your point, but Absol should be more useful in the begining of the game because it takes 70 damage and sends one of my pokemon to the lost zone. I think that by using mew instead of absol will slow down my game and my opponent then gets ready much sooner, and mew only has 60 HP. However having all those guys in the lost zone would be great because of the many situations that I may encounter. Now I'm just trying to see how it would work, because lucario would be put somewhat aside since he is the main face of the deck. Please tell me your opinion

Well with your current build, there are only 2 Pokemon you want in the Lost Zone, and only 5 total that should/can be. By making the changes I suggested it brings that number from 5 to 8. Increasing damage from Lucario and Mew's options.
I promise with Absol, after LZ'ing Pokemon with Relicanth, you won't get off more than 2 attacks, and that won't always happen either.
With my build, you can LZ pokemon, Use Muk's attack to trap them, then hit hard with Lucario. If they try to run, Use Espeon's attack to heal Lucario and score a snipe KO. Crobat gives you even more options. At least try it out.

You know... you can actually backfire the Lostgar strategy and remove more pokemon from the opponents hand, that he could remove form yours.

theorymon: 1st turn of yours, attach psychic energy to mew, send Zoroark to LZ; opponent uses see off goes for gengar, next you attach another psychic to use Gengar`s attack and remove 2 spiritombs from the opponent`s hand...

That was the main idea of including Zoroark in the deck, to counter gengar prime. And yes with a little bit of luck I can discard spiritombs and my hand gets saved. I thought I would put a gengar prime in the deck but with Zoroark I think there's no need of it.

Just don`t forget to include your own Lost World as well as Ruins of Alph since Dark pokemon are quite popular and resist psychic, Steel might be a rare sight, but they are gonna be a pain to deal with unless you take away their resistence, outsmarting your opponent is the key to defeat a Mewgar deck, but if you lower your guard, the opponent will start digging prizes from all of your WEAK to psychic pokemon.

Yes, Lucario and Mew are weak against psychic... That was a very good point indeed... But lucario goes well against dark pokemon, most of them are weak against fighting... why do decks have to have exactly 60 cards??? Argh...

Last edited:
You can be thankfull that Metal types won`t be popular thanks to all the fire pokemon in this format... but you never know if you could find a random set of Scizor Prime, Palkia/Dialga legend, Klinklang or Steelix Prime, Steel+Water is a really good match, and bench control would mess up the opponent`s evolution consistency... But that`s out of the subject.

Dark Pokemon are most of the time weak to Fight, but Mandibuzz, wich happens to be the most popular one right now, resists fight.

Just focus in 1 strategy (wich should be pummeling the opponent`s pokemon), you have a really awesome deck, but you are unnecesarily saturating it with too much options, just realize wich LZed pokemon work faster.

Last edited:
Yes, maybe ruins of alph could be useful on the flying pokemon taking out their resistance to fighting. I must play with the deck and see what cards are less used so I can put ruins of alph and something else. How many copies of a stadium card do you usually put on your deck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back