Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lucian's Assignment usable in DialgaChomp?

Lancun

I've been refining my DialgaChomp list as of late, and I've noticed how long it actually takes nearly everything (minus Machamp/Charizard/Blaziken FB) to take down Dialga. That said, what kind of play would it be to tech in a Lucian's or two to transfer all the Special Metals from your wounded Dialga to a fresh one, Turning, and then leveling up the fresh one?

And I know the obvious alternative would be to turn your Garchomp C Lv.X a turn beforehand, and then use Healing Breath, but then of course comes the obvious problem of being Sprayed, having Garchomp sniped, too many things can go wrong with that method. Lucian's would specifically be for the purpose of setting up a new Dialga in one turn.

Last edited:
it would be basically the same as playing warp energy. warp energy to a garchomp, galactic switch the energy to garchomp, level up garchomp and remove all damage counters, then poketurn garchomp.

it accomplishes the same basic goal (getting a fresh dialga with all the energy still attached) but uses up your supporter slot for that turn.

id stick to the original strategy ^^

It's actually a decent idea that's underplayed, considering that Garchomp C Lv X and Bronzong G both rely on powers to work as well as usually using an energy attachment.

it's not bad would allow for g switch the DCE, what have you, to the chomp, then lucians all special metal to benched dialga, turn and snipe or deafen lock. i'd try it, but i don't have the room.

I like Lucian's in decks like T-Tar, Steelix, Gardevoir of old, etc. but I'm not sure it's as good here, just because you already have the Warp, Healing Breath, etc. shens. Could be good if you have the room though, I suppose.

I guess you need your supporter per turn in this deck for Cyrus or something else that's more important. Galactic Switch and a normal attachment + Energy Gain is enough for Second Strike after a turn. And you still have the option to use Galactic Switch twice by burning a Pokéturn.

Back