Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ludicargo Strikeback. Stronger than before

Dark_Jirachi

I believe with the new format, ludicargo is going to strike back, and it will hit hard on many kinds of deck.

To be honest, only Giant Stump hurts this deck, even Cursed Stone doesn't do that! You can get a counter stadium easily with this deck.

I don't know whether it works, but, now Desert Ruins is going to be gone.
So Ludicargo player need not include it in their list.
We can have ex in this deck!

sOME GREAT EX INCLUDES camerupt ex (combo with cargo), dusclops ex or crawdaunt ex (fetch Boost easily from smooth and swing) and even Mew ex!

There are many variation in LudiCargo and this is always true.

How much impact will ludicargo make this time after format changes.

Your say

What do you against Shiftry EX. Everytime you use a power, you get hit for 20-40-60-80 damage. What about seal crystal, a tool in the next set. You can attach it to any non-ex pokemon and while it is active, no powers work on the field. What do you plan to do against those 2 cards that are being released in the next set that pretty much hurt powers badly.

dont worry about seal crystal
if you want, play a 1-1 line of xatu dx, he does 30+30 for each trainer your opponent has in play
if they have a tool and a stadium in play, you hit them for 90 or 80 (depending if u use DRE or not) for 2 energy
or, you could play windstorm and bf, that takes care of your problem
ludicargo may be able to make a comeback (it had better, this will be its third year)

Because of Ludi's popularity in 2005, I suspect it will be everybodys deck of choice as they have played it in the past. He's probably going to go up from a low tier 2 deck to a respectable tier 1. However I think that because of his extream popularity, Metanite will be played in numbers again. The trick to the build will be using 4 BF

metanite isnt coming back unless shiftry is erreta'd to say you cant use more then one of its body per turn
you cannot play metanite with bf, it shuts off your own powers
i think im gonna try a metanite version with the new raquaza ex from FE, that may help with the shiftry ex matchup
if not... well, i tried

Dark_Jirachi said:
what kempley means is use bf in ludicargo, not metanite.

exactly.

And Shrifty ex I think will be questionable next year because of BF, and the still large number of fighting decks. Realy if you think about it what would Shrifty beat (even if the body stacks);

wins=Metanite

Average matchupsLudi (with 4 BF), Kingdra d, Mewtric (maybe a loss)

loses Flariados, Luanrock, Raieggs, Liability,

Sure shiftry and seal crystal own it, but with Ludi d coming out, this deck can defienntly be seen tearing down the Metagame.

ROr

rroaryh said:
Sure shiftry and seal crystal own it, but with Ludi d coming out, this deck can defienntly be seen tearing down the Metagame.

ROr

I got 4 Lotad and 1 Ludicolo from the jpn set MC!!! ;D They look so awesome, and make this deck CRAZY...

Shiftry ex AUTO LOSES to Flariados and Eggchu, that's NOT good news, both of those decks are DIFFICULT to stray away from, and are both very good.

MetaNite is just awesome as it is, so what if Shiftry ex beats it, it beats LudiCargo.
I like next format, it is very varied.

Soma said:
MetaNite is just awesome as it is, so what if Shiftry ex beats it, it beats LudiCargo.
not exactly, metanite cannot use BF to shut down shiftry, wheras ludicargo can
Soma said:
I like next format, it is very varied.
agreed, REggs learns a few new tricks as well...

PSYCO829 said:
not exactly, metanite cannot use BF to shut down shiftry, wheras ludicargo can

agreed, REggs learns a few new tricks as well...

I never said MetaNite beats Shiftry... ;p and it can win the BF battle since it also plays 4 stadiums.

Well all just have to see what is popular in the next format. But I do agree that now that LBS is out of the way, Metanite and Ludicargo stand a chance.

shiftry rocks cargo so i hope it does see play. but yeah shiftry own most of the decks and shitry runs 5 stadiums to beat the war and 2 scotts so its never hard to get them. sorry cargo and metanite its still not time for them at teir 1 thats where shiftry's gunna be

i know i'm a bad person for it but i have yet to see a flaw cept for armaldo with this deck i've tested the so called decks that beat this. they've beeen weighted messured and found wanting.

ive used ludicargo in the past season and the main weakness of ludicargo is the small damage output imagine full bench on both sides for only 110 damage which rarely happens specially if ur opponent is smart thats the reason it needed a good back up (lanturn,grumpig,rhydon and maybe magcargo uf)

not to mention small hp and weakness to lightning which became more popular when delta species came out. unless we can find a back up for ludicargo that has high hp and high damage output it will be hard

Back