Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Lugia LEGEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartgold22

Hey! This is a response to the Lugia Legend deck, I made this in HGSS-on format(the format that really matters.) So here is the decklist:
22 Pokemon
2-2 Lugia LEGEND
2-2 Floatzel
2-2-2 Typhlosion Prime
2-Pachirisu
3-Shaymin
23 Trainers
3-Pokemon Collector
4-PONT
3-Research Record
3-Pokemon Commmunication
2-Energy Retrieval
1-FSL
3-SSU
2-Indigo Plateau
15 Energy
3-Rainbow Energy
5-Fire Energy
5-Water Energy
5-Lightning Energy

Strategy: Get Lugia out as fast as you can, when you play it down you need to use Research Record before so you can manipulate what is on top of your deck so you have a better chance of just having energies to attach to Lugia LEGEND. I put in floatzel because it is faster then Feraligatr, I also put in Pachi so I can put Electric energies on Lugia LEGEND with no problem. Of course Shaymin helps move the energies off of Floatzel and Pachi to Lugia. I also put in Rescue Energy since Revive wouldn't work. I also am conflicted on whether I should put in Energy Exchangers instead of Rescue Energy since you NEED the exact right energies. Advice would be very helpful and appreciated :smile:
edit when catcher comes out I will take out 1 lightning and 1 SSU for 2 Catcher, does that sound good?

Edit-So I have ,hanged around the.gd eck some to my liking, I will g wert t on sometime soon and change the counts of types of cards. I am busy getting tyram and testing it so if anyone can ACTUALLY test it and report feedback that would be vreat(please test among a wide range of TESTED decks. This would be great so that when I have extra time I.could.consider those.test results and mkne, compsre, anx build a better deck. Thank you for your time on this article, any input on this wouldbe awesome...oh and sry about spelling it is hard to write on a tab :p

Last edited:
I think you should max out the Rainbow Energies, so that way its easier to grab and attach to Lugia instead of having only 2 in the whole deck.
either that or put at least three so its like you have 5 of each energy
Interviewer's questions could help out massively too so that way you can have more energies in your hand.
3 pkmn collector might be better, a better chance at having your basics faster
Fisherman could also be useful in here
I'd also recomend more Pachis, in case that one is prized o.o

I'm the type of person who doesn't like to discard cards :p but I'd recommend the 2 junk arms out of there.

I really think that Research Record is a smart play, however you could easily play Professor Juniper and/or Sage's Training instead of Cleffa. Also, think about playing Ninetails since it's in a theme deck.

just wanted to give you some props. like your deck idea. I'm trying to figure out a Lugia Legend deck too. I think you are a lot closer than I am to figuring it out. thx for the ideas!

I was thinking about using Legend Box. have you considered that?

The problem is that legend box only lets you search top 10 cards and its a supporter, meaning if you didnt get it, you wasted a turn.

Playtest with burned tower as well, its flippy but will provide more strategy and plans if you get heads.

I like the idea of floatzel especially since you will be pairing it up with pachirisu. Though I would try to fit a third seeker in there, It's becoming more and more brutal every deck i fit it in, plus the guarantee return of an easily snipeable/catcher pokemon

soon enough Lugia legend will have a good deck

EDIT: Pokegear 3.0 provides A LOT of stability in decks as well, try running 2. It will definitely help when you cant get any draw power/supporters and reusable with junk arm

The problem is that legend box only lets you search top 10 cards and its a supporter, meaning if you didnt get it, you wasted a turn.

Playtest with burned tower as well, its flippy but will provide more strategy and plans if you get heads.

I like the idea of floatzel especially since you will be pairing it up with pachirisu. Though I would try to fit a third seeker in there, It's becoming more and more brutal every deck i fit it in, plus the guarantee return of an easily snipeable/catcher pokemon

soon enough Lugia legend will have a good deck

EDIT: Pokegear 3.0 provides A LOT of stability in decks as well, try running 2. It will definitely help when you cant get any draw power/supporters and reusable with junk arm

Legend box is a trainer...

no eed 4 research record because they both look at 5 cards. you get 2 choose any of the 5 cards with lugi lgnd anyways.

o and interviewer's questions is needed here also. i'd switch the resezrch record 4 iq

^But if you don't like the cards on top (they aren't energys) then you can put them on the bottom of the deck with Research Record before using Lugia's power. Also research record looks at 4 cards not 5. Pokedex looks at 5. Yeesh... people should actually read the cards they're talking about =X

no eed 4 research record because they both look at 5 cards. you get 2 choose any of the 5 cards with lugi lgnd anyways.

o and interviewer's questions is needed here also. i'd switch the resezrch record 4 iq

I hate people that misspell on purpose, you know what I mean?

Back to the main topic, you should run 4 shaymin because both floatzel and pachi require it to charge lugia.

I think Fisherman would fit well in here to get all of the discarded energy directly back into your hand

a Lugia LEGEND deck looks fun though..but I think it will need a secondary attacker because of its 2 full Lugia LEGENDS per deck and what is now slightly measly 130 HP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back