Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lurb's National Adventures V2.0

The Ralts

Since I got her first thread locked, here it is again so everyone can continue to post gratzs, good jobs, I hate yous, etc.

"We head out Thursday, almost miss our flight but don't so I didn't have to nerdrage which was nice. Get there around six, check in and register then I go find Cohen, Greg, Zane, Tyler, Ross and the Whitons. I test some still unsure of what to play the night before. In the morning I decide on Luxchomp with no Mewtwo counter but I play Ditto with a grass energy intending to use it for killing belted Jumpluff. I wake up in time for the player meeting which takes forever then I go test with my junior buddy Ian who also won a Regionals and has a two round bye as well. So I'm gonna skip to round three.

R3 Vs. Kingdra/Champ
Ew. So did not want to get paired against this round one. Nice kid. We both get pretty funky starts. I have what looks like a good start with an Uxie or a Rose or something but I can't get anything off of it and have very little setup. He has a solid start with T2 or 3 Champ and Kprime but can't find a way to retreat his active Luxray GL until the turn after he gets those. If he had been able to get Luxray out of the active spot that turn I would've been too far behind. Luckily I manage to get 80 on his Machamp meaning it can only get one KO at best. Unfortunately I have some trouble with KOing Kingdras because of my weird setup. We trade prizes back and forth, me having an Aaron at a critical time to get back Lucario GL so I can OHKO his Kingdra LA. It gets down to 1-1 prizes with it looking like I've lost for sure. He has an active Kprime with no damage and an energy, just hit my Luxray GL X for 60 and can KO anything on my board. But then I remember Tail Code. I use that and he can't get an energy yesssss. Next turn I Snap Attack for 60. No energy again yesssssss. I go, Flash Bite, Snap Attack, GG. Intense first round fo sho. 3-0

R4 Vs. Gardy/Gallade
He gets a not so good start while my is pretty boss. He manages to get a Kirlia up after I take one or two prizes. He doesn't have the DCE for the Gallade the next turn tho while I'm able to Bright Look + Flash Bite + Zen Blade it pretty much sealing the game since it was his only attacker and he had no support up. Sorry dude. GG 4-0

R5 Vs. Pluffels
My turn for a not so good start. I believe I start with Uxie then drop Ditto to avoid the donk since I'm first. He can't get the KO on Uxie but does remember to Leaf Guard so I can't KO the Jumpluff with Uxie X the next turn. I can't get what I need at the right times while Pluffels does it's thing, he wins pretty comfortably. GG 4-1

R6 Vs. Gengar SF/Blaziken FB
Yeah I don't know either. We both get solid starts but I can't remember much of this game really. I do know that Ditto won this game like the little pro pink blob he is. I think it got down to 1-1 too. GG 5-1

R7 Vs. HoPe
Mewtwo nerdrage. He gets a bad start like hope tends to do and has to Cyrus for a Bebe to get the Mewtwo X. He gets Contest Hall but whiffs on the flips for two turns. I stupidly don't kill the Honchkrow first. I did have my Bright Look + Zen Blade ready by the second Contest Hall flip anyway but still. I sweep comfortably. GG 6-1

I finish the day at a comfortable 6-1 meaning I only have to win one the next day to cut for sure but could probably lose both.

Hang out with peeps blah blah blah.

R8 Vs. Gengar SF/Garchomp C
I don't think his start is very great but he is able to respond to my Garchomp with Ambipom. I saw Toxicroak early so I don't KO anything with Lux. Ditto uses his manly powers to kill his Gengar's faces. I pick off a few bench dudes and win. GG 7-1

R9 Vs. Luxchomp/MEWTWO GRRRRR
I get an awful start but it doesn't matter because he gets lone Mewtwo like T3. =P I scoop. GG 7-2

This was actually my goal for swiss so I'm happy to meet that. Unfortunately everybody and their grandma tell the kid I'm playing against in T64 I don't play a Mewtwo counter.

T64
So before we start the kid next to me whispers like I can't hear him "make sure you remember...." to my opponent. I had to make sure to remember self nerdrage control.

G1: He gets Mewtwo with one bench dude T2.

G2: Read above, more bench dudes but not four.

I scoop both games, a bit bitter but quickly get over it and go mentally cheer on Eleki, Amt and Ben K. They all lose in T32. Sad panda.

After that I hang out in the open gaming area for a long time with a sleep deprived Christian, cohen and then Christian's sleep deprived friend comes in too. Had lots of fun listening to them. The rest of my time there is absolutely amazing, played the mutant draft and went 4-1. That would be about it.

Props:
David Cohen is the best pokemon player ever
Amt being shorter then me <333
Friends
My mothah for bringing me
All the people I met
Indianapolis
Epic lightning storm
T64
Ditto
Not being in masters
Blades of Glory
Skywalks
Tyler being able to play Yugioh like on the show for at least an hour
Ross for having us play liar's poker
Everybody who makes these things happen
Lots more things

Slops:
Heat
Airports "

I think I saw you. You were hanging with AMT the whole time? Don't think I ever said hello though...

Anyway nice job. I lost in top 64 as well . :frown:

Reasons on why to play a mewtwo counter...LOL nice job Amelia (why was the last thread locked??)

That's not being steelix made me die a little inside but gj on top 64 unlike everyone else in washington( expect ian)

Congrats again.
B-Side rule =D

Still can't wait to meet you in Hawaii. Will be awesome.

Hate for David and whatnot

<3

Thanks again peeps

Surskit: Yeah, sorry to hear that and feel free to say hi if you're at worlds or whatever :)

Andrew: Steelix was so the play

MK: Liar's poker + Yugioh > Pokemon, clearly

Oliver: Yep and read: friends

You were the one with the Gardy/ Magnezone/ Champ/ Flygon deck iirc. Still don't understand it. Sorry you lost to Mewtwo though, that's a suckish way to lose.

andrew: i agree

box: pfft who needs to understand it

cor: blades of glory is the best movie all time <333

jack: fo sho and yessiree

I'm sorry that you lost to Mewtwo. Good luck in the future! It was great to meet you, even if we didn't actually get to play.

-Aaron

Back