Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxape, test deck vol 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

marq_darkrai

i'll skip the intro and get to the deck. however, if it is deemed alright, i will post a more in depth deck titled luxape, test deck vol3.0.

pokemon
Luxray GL LV X [1]
Luxray GL [2]
Infernape 4 LV X [1]
Infernape 4 [3]
Ninetales [1]
Vulpix [1]
Azelf [1]
Crobat G [2]
Unown G [2]
Claydol [1]
Baltoy [1]
Rayquaza [1]

Trainers
Cyrus's Conspiracy [4]
Aaron's Collection [2]
Volkner's Philosophy [2]
Bebe's Search [1]
Roseanne's Research [4]
Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Poke Turn [4]
Team Galactic's Invention G-101 Energy Gain [4]
Team Galactic's Invention G-109 SP Radar [3]
Team Galactic's Invention G-103 Power Spray [2]
Warp Point [1]
Premier Ball [2]
Stark Mountain [2]

Energies
Lightning Energy [3]
Fire Energy [4]
SP Energy [2]
Call Energy [3]

Strategy

Bench Manipulation. Luxray and Infernape are main attackers. Ninetales helps get the Fire energies out for Infernape. Unown G is used to prevent Take outs and other annoying things. Azelf is in there just in case luxray and any other crucial cards are in my prizes. Rayquaza is used to get back fire energies after Fire Spin. Stark moves it back to Infernape...

Peace ! ! !:biggrin:

-2 Volkner
-1 Aaron
-1 SP energy

+2 uxie
+1 uxie LvX
+1 call energy

I'ld take NM over the other Aaron but that's just me.

frankly i find aaron's really helpful as it follows the fast pace set up by luxape. nm will bring it back into the deck, while aaron's can bring it back into the hand ready to play almost immediately

I like the aaron's to but The NM dose not brun out the supportor for the turn and you can get more from it. But if you would rather have aaron's than NM than its fine but I would use NM if I were you.

I would play Aaron's so you could either grab an ape or a cat out of your discard along with an energy, or you could always pull out one of the Lv. X's which makes the deck really consistent if you have a fully loaded cat/ape on your bench. You send out the X and it's ready to go.
NM goes into deck < Aaron's goes into hand. Simple as that.

Wait, did you say Ninetales gets the energy out...? Are you talking about RR Ninetails? If so, wrong Ninetales. You want the MT Ninetales so it can uses its power to gain an advantage over Flygon, Machamp (if they're crazy enough to have Uxies bench sitting), Luxray (if they have Claydol), etc.

Why is there no Luxury Ball in this list...? @_@ SP Energy is very much not needed between all of the Roseanne's and the Cyrus's.

I also like at least 3 Power Spray and you really don't need more then 2 SP Radar, I think. Being able to stop Palkia G from clearing its bench, blocking critical Crobat G drops, blocking Cosmic Powers before you obliterate their Claydol with Luxray GL... Its all VERY useful. Wheras SP Radar really only needs to not be prized and get the LV.X pokemon when you need 'em, hence only two.

Ugh this list is....ehhh. Ninetails is an iffy tech, I like uxie lv.x in this deck a lot for the toxi promo. Try to fit 2-1 Uxie LA in.

Which Vulpix are you Using? Alot of the times, if it plays Rayquaza, then you are playing the PT one... But they are right, Wrong Ninetales, for the wrong reason.

Anyways, Two seems like an AWFUL lot of Premier Balls, and Volkners doesn't really do anything, IMO. I would add one, or even possibly two, Luxury Ball. I also don't like the low energy count, but that is personal preferance.

...and the deck DOES need uxie. At least one, probably two.

i will set about considering and using your propositions, guys. but what does ninetales mt do to help in the flygon matchup? pls help

-marq

i will set about considering and using your propositions, guys. but what does ninetales mt do to help in the flygon matchup? pls help

-marq

bring up ninetales. drop crobat flash bite flygon lv.x, poketurn flash bite again. colorshift to match flygon's type and fireblast for the ohko...

At least that is what i have done in the past...also helps with Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back