Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

LuxApe, test deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

marq_darkrai

since the Rising Rival Prereleases, and even before RR came out in the States, both Infernape LV X and Luxray LV X have proved as fast and deadly juggernauts of a rampage throughout the world. these menacing cards were infamous for their speed, deadliness and consistency. however, i was so naive that i didn't glimpse at them, neither did i commend them or notice them. i even scoffed at it and paid no heed. boy was i an IDIOT.

i have since decided to try my hand at a Luxape and, well, im not so good at it XD
anyway, the decklist is as follows:

Pokemon:

Luxray LV X 1
Luxray Gl 2
Infernape LV X 1
Infernape 4 3
Unown G 1
Mesprit 1
Azelf 1
Quagsire GL 1
Claydol 1
Baltoy 1
Rayquaza 1

Trainers, Suppoerters and Stadiums

TEAM GALACTIC'S INVENTION G-101 Energy Gain 4
TEAM GALACTIC'S INVENTION G-109 SP Radar 4
TEAM GALACTIC'S INVENTION G-105 Poke Turn 4
Cyrus's Conspiracy 4
Roseanne's Research 4
Volkner's Philosophy 2
Aaron's Collection 3
Flint's Willpower 2
Bertha's Warmth 2
Warp Point 1
Premier Ball 2
Galactic's HQ 1
Stark's Mountain 1

Energies

:lightning Energy 3
:fire: Energy 4
SP Energy 4
Call Energy 1

Strategy

This deck was build for one sole reason: Bench Manipulation!
Luxray can let you move around your opponent's bench as you please when you put LuxRay GL LV X in play. it can do 30 damage for 1 energy plus an energy gain, and even 60 damage with Flash Impact. Some people generally avoid using Flash Impact due to the repercussions that come along with it. however, i embrace it. this is where Quagsire GL comes into play. simply keep him on the bench and just direct flash impact's damage to him. he doesn't take any of it and you deal a good 60 damage :)

Infernape LV X is another big hitter who can do 100 damage for 3 energies, while discarding 2 energies. these energies are rotated back with Rayquaza, and with Stark Mountain, you'd soon get back the necessary energies to attack once again. Azelf is in the deck to ensure you don't die when one of your LV X's are in your prizes. Mesprit is a good way to prevent any :ppowr:. this will really handicap your opponent. everything else is self explanatory, so, pls help with the deck, thx :thumb:

-1 Quagsire (Flash Impact is mainly for donks, if you use it otherwise, damage a Crobat or something you can PokeTurn)
-1 Mesprit (1 is a bit random and takes up bench space)
+1 Uxie (draw, nice for KOing Gengars)
+1 Unown G (protect from Machamp and Gengar)
+1 Crobat G (useful if 10 short of a KO)
+1 Lucario GL/Promo Toxicroak G (Toxi wins mirror matches, Lucario is nice too . . . whatever works best for you)
+1-1 Ninetales MT OR Dialga G LV X (anti Mewtwo tech. I prefer Ninetales as it can also hurt Flygon and Machamp if they bench an Uxie)

-2 SP Radar
+2 Bebe (can fetch Claydol, be used if Deafen/Pitch Dark Locked)
-1 GHQ
+1 Stark (more chance of using Rayquaza)
-3 Aaron
+2 NM (doesn't use up a Supporter)
-2 Bertha (not needed with PokeTurn)
-2 Volkner (not great, so cut for space)
-1 Prem Ball (1 is fine)
+2 Power Spray (just very very useful)

-3 SP Energy
+3 Call (best card in format, sets up fast and you can discard later for Trash Bolt and Fire Spin, so it's never a dead draw)
-1 Lightning
+1 Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back