Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxchomp Vs sablelock

rkomarco

Hi there.

I would like to know what's the best strategy to choose when playing against sablelock using luxchomp.

I'm having a hard time winning :frown:

If they play giratina, bright look giratina. Try to snipe off sableyes as often as possible, Just take out easy guys and make sure your chomp hits the field first.

Oh, and also, pray they arent lucky XD

If they play Giratina, spray it and Bright Look it.

Otherwise, just tech in a Sableye of your own (fetchable with Collector, Call energy), bench it and wait for Judges.

it all comes down to chance.
chance as in "what are the chances of them hitting 2/1/0 heads on innitiative"
but also
"what are the chances of me topdecking X/Y/Z"
one thing you can do is add more cards to increase ur chance of hittting uxie's or cards that grabs u uxies.
adding vs seekers will help you grab cyrus chain that much quicker but thats assuming u used 1 earlier.
thats how i would go about countering that deck.

I can't believe chatot hasn't been mentioned. It is a GREAT card vs. sableye to get out of a bad hand (which you will often fidn yourself with) as well as a good way to get out of bad starts in general.

Snipe the Garchomp.

I can't believe no one has said that yet. Use your Garchomp to snipe theirs and hope they don't have a recovery Ambipom. Or Bright Look/Trashbolt/Flashbite or Bright Look/Flash Impact/Expert Belt.

Also, playing a Sableye of your own is actually a pretty smart idea.

Snipe the Garchomp.

I can't believe no one has said that yet. Use your Garchomp to snipe theirs and hope they don't have a recovery Ambipom. Or Bright Look/Trashbolt/Flashbite or Bright Look/Flash Impact/Expert Belt.

Also, playing a Sableye of your own is actually a pretty smart idea.

The problem is that this is also what Sablelock does. True, if LuxChomp gets their Chomp to hit the field first and can snipe the Sablelock's Chomp, that's great. But that is entirely dependent on who gets their Chomp out first. And Sablelock will usually expend plenty of resources to ensure you don't get the Chomp out in the first place.

As with most other decks, there's nothing LuxChomp can do if Sablelock shuts them down early and they don't get good topdecks. I don't play Giratina in my Sablelock build, since it's a liability in this matchup.

That's not much LuxChomp can do when faced with a decent Sablelock start other than doing what it does best - snipe and kill or Bright Look and kill. Putting Sableye of your own will deal some inconsistency to the deck. Any other ways other than Bright Look or Dragon Rush? Hmm, a Level Max perhaps for a T1 Luxray GL Lv X (provided the flip is Heads) to OHKO Sableye or get rid of Sableye early in the game? Or just....HOPE for whatever you want... Before I forget, look out for the hand destroyers (Judge, Cyrus Initiative, Let Loose, etc)!

Sabeleye donk can afford to lose it's Garchomp C because it can drop bats and go aggro Sabeleye for cheap prizes that'll buy time to toss down Chomp#2.

Have a Sabeleye eater.

using ERL really helps the match up. kill 1 or 2 uxie. 1 chatot g. may be 1 garchomp c lv x 1-2 crobat g. if you let them kill lux x then you take prizes against promocroak. and may be 1 azelf. garchomp c lv x and promocroak need to have been damaged

The big threat in Sablelock is Garchomp C. It can snipe anything you are trying to set up. Also, Honchkrow G doesn't pose too much of a threat with its Lightning Weakness, and Sableye goes "OOMPH!" when hit by a Flash Impact. So overall, they will try to disrupt your setup, but their main attacker will still be Garchomp C, so you need to focus on taking those out.

deck 3 Ambipom G and 4 DCE, 3 Egains, and JUST EAT sabeleyes.

This would require belted Ambipoms to OHKO as Sableye resists colorless. With 2 Crobats, Ambi and DCE you can of course donk but I'm a bit sceptic that Sableye would consistently let you start like this.

But of course, Ambipom is probably the best thing you can have against Sablelock (barring Sableye and Chatot). Move energies to bemched, damaged Sableye and OHKO Chomps. They will run out of DCEs sometime. Just watch out for counter Toxicroak G (from those Sableye players who are, for some reason, worried about their Luxchomp matchup) as Ambipoms are return KO'd easily.

Back